No announcement yet.

What it takes to hang with stock c6 vette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A set of wheels with R compound tires and a complete disregard for your car....

Comment

WTF @ this thread!
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

an lsjuan

Comment

Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
          Well, keep the engine in your 3v stock, dont put money into it right away.

Get some steeper gears, strip some weight and idk how much of the 2011-2012 suspension parts are swappable, but I know they're on the same play form. Once again, get close to or better parts then the leguna seca, and throw some big ass brakes on it. The leguna seca uses the same brakes as an viper ACR which is a bad bitch around the bends, and don't go cheap on tires.

Aggie97 is the guy to go to when it comes to Corner carving.

Fwiw, if you couldn't afford the new 5.0, then affording a Track car will be difficult. That's the most expensive thing you can do in a car.
          If you are really serious,

Talk to Griggs. He has been making mustangs go fast around tracks for a long time now.
          Full time ninja editor.

Comment

gut the interior (seats/AC/radio/wiring/sound deadener/carpet/etc), K-member, better brakes, good set of CNCd heads with NA cams & better valves (BBR), long tubes, 4.30s, Griggs or MM suspension and a lot of driving lessons.
            Originally posted by PGreenCobra
            I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
            Originally posted by Trip McNeely
            Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
            dont downshift!!
            Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

yea but what do you do when the C6 adds a KN air filter? Heaven forbid the C6 has a catback

Comment

I autocrossed two separate events this weekend. One was medium speed at Lone Star Park in Grand Prarie with several sharp transitions and a couple of tight decreasing radius turns. The other was a high speed event at Mineral Wells with mostly smooth sweepers and chicanes. At both events I put the hurt on two separate C6 Z06's. I was driving a bone stock 95 automatic convertible on street tires.

In conclusion, It seems the hot setup for killing Z06's is a bone stock 95 automatic convertible. Your results may vary. PM me if you want to make an offer.

Andy Cost

Equipe Rapide - Supreme Commander

88 LX - CP Autocrosser

Comment

Nice lol

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

I have a stock C6, but it's unlikely that a Mustang (short of a full-blown world challenge race Mustang) would outrun it at the road course. I'd recommend just getting a c6 if you want to do track work...rather bang for the buck, get a C5 Z06.
                    Ford
                    GM
                    Toyota
                    VAG

Comment

I'm serious about this... I figured by the time I pay her off I'll be in a position to tear her down and start hitting the track monthly... However Im going to a few diffrent schools in the meantime. The reason I asked the question about the vette is because my mom has a vette and she likes to hate on my dad and I for being Stang/ford enthusiast... Goal was to put her in her place... 15k plus the price of my car I'm still cheaper ... Well that's what I tell my self so I can sleep at night (I bleed ford blue)

Comment

Originally posted by Nomadtrash View Post
                        I autocrossed two separate events this weekend. One was medium speed at Lone Star Park in Grand Prarie with several sharp transitions and a couple of tight decreasing radius turns. The other was a high speed event at Mineral Wells with mostly smooth sweepers and chicanes. At both events I put the hurt on two separate C6 Z06's. I was driving a bone stock 95 automatic convertible on street tires.

In conclusion, It seems the hot setup for killing Z06's is a bone stock 95 automatic convertible. Your results may vary. PM me if you want to make an offer.

Have not done autocross yet... Did not think it would be smart to do with a daily... It seems ac would not be as challenging as a track..? I guess at the end of the day I need to learn how to hit the proper lines... How often can I run ac w/o doing too much damage to my car (I'm in outside sales so I do a ton of driving all over tx)

Comment

Autocrossing is no worse on the car than driving on the street. It takes more skill than track racing. You have 20 or more corners in a mile or less. Track racing has maybe 10 corners over a couple of miles. In autocross there is only 1 car on course at a time so there is no chance of rubbing fenders or other nastiness. The only issue is the tires. If you run on your daily driver tires then you may wear them out or get flat spots if you lock up the brakes. That makes it uncomfortable to drive them on the street afterwards. Most people have a separate set of tires so they can save their street tires. I autocross on Hankook RS3 tires which are real street tires that you could drive to work every day. They are 10% faster than any other street tire except DOT legal racing tires from Hoosier or Kumho. Lots of track drivers go to the autocross to hone their skills between track events. There is nothing that will teach you car control better.
                          Andy Cost

88 LX - CP Autocrosser

Comment

I put 3.5 seconds on a C6 vette in my Miata with coilovers and tires at the last autox soooooo
                            Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

yea my buddy runs an 03 cobra in ac and he said miatas are king... Where do I go to find the next ac event? Website wise?

Comment

Equipe Rapide will be at Mineral Wells on November 5th and 6th. You can attend one day or both. They are separate events. You can check us out at www.autocross.com/er It is $35 each day to enter. Watch the corner carving sub forum for more details.
                                Andy Cost

88 LX - CP Autocrosser

Comment

Working...
                                X