Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

subwoofer options for 07-up GMC Sierra ext. cab?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• subwoofer options for 07-up GMC Sierra ext. cab?

Picked up an 07 GMC Sierra extended cab Z71 last week to replace my 98 model.
    While the factory system sounds better than what came in my 98 truck, I'd still like a little more bass. What options are out there for me. I would like to retain at least some storage in the truck so a wall with 6 18's is out. Practical ideas?

How about a 10" Fosgate R2
    It was previously in a nnbs ecsb

Comment

Originally posted by hxbernal View Post

Im not sure what a nnbs is? Could you clarify what truck its designed for..and maybe a price?

Comment

It took me a while to figure that out myself.
        nbs - new body style 06 down silverado/sierra
        nnbs - new new body style 07-13 silverado/sierra

I'll do $120. I'm near White Rock Lake if you want to swing by and do a test fit.

Comment

Those abbreviations are retarded.

Comment

It took me a while to figure that out myself.
            nbs - new body style 06 down silverado/sierra
            nnbs - new new body style 07-13 silverado/sierra

I'll do $120. I'm near White Rock Lake if you want to swing by and do a test fit.
            I might come have a look. Any idea on the specs of the enclosure or how it handles deep bass? Looks kinda small on airspace.

Comment

Definitely not a hard hitting setup, just adds a little bass to a weak factory system.

Comment

ask

Good Idea, How much is it???

Comment

I picked up a hooker audio box and a couple kenwood 10's in my 09 4 door sounds good. Got them from a fiend that sells stuff he lives in Red Oak also
                  sigpic

Comment

have you verified that all four door speaker work? The NNBS trucks are notorious for losing the two rear speakers, then the front door speakers. When I bought my truck, I was down to only the driver door speaker(and the tweets). If they're the stock speakers, a simple upgrade will do wonders for the sound....doesn't add a ton of bass, obviously, but still sounded a lot better.

Comment

does that face up or down?

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
                        have you verified that all four door speaker work? The NNBS trucks are notorious for losing the two rear speakers, then the front door speakers. When I bought my truck, I was down to only the driver door speaker(and the tweets). If they're the stock speakers, a simple upgrade will do wonders for the sound....doesn't add a ton of bass, obviously, but still sounded a lot better.
                        I roll with one rear and my tweeters in my 08 crew cab... I love the truck except for the damn speakers.

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
                          does that face up or down?
                          Down.

Comment

Originally posted by FastFord19 View Post
                            I roll with one rear and my tweeters in my 08 crew cab... I love the truck except for the damn speakers.
                            lmao...that's terrible. I don't know if the rear speakers are any different in a crew cab but the rears in the ext cab don't put out near the sound that the front speakers do.

I bought these for the front and rear of my ext cab.

Even with the crappy stock head unit, it was a 1000% improvement. From what I could find on Google, the stock head unit puts out about 8 watts per channel. I'm hoping to change the head unit soon to increase that a little.

Comment

Yep, the speakers in the 2007+ GM trucks die all the time.

Comment

Working...
                              X