Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ford blown out spark plug, what’s your preferred fix?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford blown out spark plug, what’s your preferred fix?

What’s your preferred fix and kit?

lock n stich

whoevers fault it was for putting 4 threads in those heads needs to be kicked in the balls

Comment

That is sad if ford wasn’t bs they wouldreplace every head free of charge. Total trash engineering

Comment

That's all mine has. I changed the plugs a while back, and let's hope my "torque by feel" was adequate.

Comment

If the threads are still healthy,replace and check it occasionally. If not,there is the time-sert route. Or of course the LS swap

Comment

I found a local shop that’ll install a timesert for 250-300 depending on which plug it is. I couldn’t find the tool cheaper than that

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Crawfish View Post
              That is sad if ford wasn’t bs they wouldreplace every head free of charge. Total trash engineering
              They would have gone bankrupt even before GM and Chrysler did. Every manufacturer has had major mechanical problems at some point and they hardly ever take care of them unless legally obligated.

You could say the same thing about case half seals on Northstars but GM never bothered to fix those for free. Or valve seat failures on Chrysler OHC 6 and 8 cylinder engines.

Comment

I used the ATD 5400 on my 5.4L. Worked great and has been trouble free.

How many spark plug holes do you need to repair?

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                  They would have gone bankrupt even before GM and Chrysler did. Every manufacturer has had major mechanical problems at some point and they hardly ever take care of them unless legally obligated.

You could say the same thing about case half seals on Northstars but GM never bothered to fix those for free. Or valve seat failures on Chrysler OHC 6 and 8 cylinder engines.
                  Spend your money where u want. Would rather take chance on GM junk than fords. They all have problems I guess

Comment

Fix em all the time, I've probably done a hundred thru the years at our shop, back 4 are a little tight. oreilys has a thread insert kit that works well and $35 or so with the tap. Run that shit down, blow out the shavings with air, shoot threads with brake clean. dry that with air. thread the insert on a new plug with red loctite on insert threads and run that down. thats it, put it back together.

Comment

Originally posted by 4EyedTurd View Post
                      I found a local shop that’ll install a timesert for 250-300 depending on which plug it is. I couldn’t find the tool cheaper than that
                      I have a complete factory Timesert Cadillac Northstar service kit. If the tooling is the same you are welcome to borrow them.
                      Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Fawk, I’d have taken you up on that had I known sooner

Comment

Trade it in for a chebbie with an LS based engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                            Trade it in for a chebbie with an LS based engine.
                            Camshaft bearings have a real bad habit of taking a stroll on the iron block LS engines. I'll take a spit out spark plug over that.

Comment

I was just trying to help a coworker’s son and make a little cash but just sent him directly to the recommended shop. I try to do side jobs for extra money and since I seem to have more time than others or just don’t mind doing the shit jobs. Seems the majority I work on are Fords but I won’t discriminate.

All I have are LSx based cars in the family

Comment

Working...
                              X