thread subscription notifications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thread subscription notifications

I'm haven't been receiving any email notifications of replies to threads that I'm subscribed to. I've checked all my setting here on the board and everything seems to be where it should be. any thoughts?
    --carlos

sigpic

In your User CP, make sure you have Instant Email Notification enabled under Default Thread Subscription Mode in Edit Options and you hit Save at the bottom. I'm getting my emails, so perhaps you missed a step.

Comment

it's is and I didn't get an email for your reply.
      --carlos

sigpic

Comment

check if my reply works for you
        Check your self bro , you're not that cool.

Comment

same here

Comment

I get all mine and I've witnessed it working for several others. Have you checked your spam folder in your email?
            01 Turbo Miata
            96 4x4 Suburban

Comment

I'm not getting ANY email notifications whatsoever. I had forgotten I started this thread last night. not getting crap in the spam folder either. funny thing is that it was fine about 3 weeks ago. this has been going on for about that long, I just didn't think too much of it since I haven't been on much.
              --carlos

sigpic

Comment

OK this is getting ridiculous! I went to my CP to see if I had my email typed in properly and it is. so then I decide to clear it and type it in again but it prompts me to type in my password, so I did. tells me either my username or password is incorrect. so then I request it to email me a new password and I haven't got anything yet. this was 30min. ago.
                --carlos

sigpic

Comment

People - Check your spam folder. Ensure your email address is correct in your UserCP (in both fields) with no typo's. And verify Instant Email Notification is enabled in the drop down box under Default Thread Subscription Mode. Make sure you scrolled all the way down and hit Save.

Every time I check my email, I get about 10 - 20 emails from this site in my in-box. So, I know the email sever is working. And the server will also put bulk outgoing email notifications into a queue and send them out at specified intervals. Sometimes, it's not technically instant. The first email I ever received went into my Junk Folder on Windows Live Mail in Windows 7. I right clicked on the email in the Junk folder and selected > Add sender to safe senders list.
                  Last edited by LS1Goat; 12-15-2010, 01:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mustangman_2000 View Post
                    People - Check your spam folder. Ensure your email address is correct in your UserCP (in both fields) with no typo's. And verify Instant Email Notification is enabled in the drop down box under Default Thread Subscription Mode. Make sure you scrolled all the way down and hit Save.

Every time I check my email, I get about 10 - 20 emails from this site in my in-box. So, I know the email sever is working. And the server will also put bulk outgoing email notifications into a queue and send them out at specified intervals. Sometimes, it's not technically instant. The first email I ever received went into my Junk Folder on Windows Live Mail in Windows 7. I right clicked on the email in the Junk folder and selected > Add sender to safe senders list.
                    Default Thread Subscription Mode
                    When you post a new thread, or reply to a topic, you can choose to automatically add that thread to your list of subscribed threads, with the option to receive email notification of new replies to that thread.

Default Thread Subscription Mode:

done that and still nothing! using firefox w/ sbc email

Comment

It's possible that you all who are not getting the email notifications, with the correct settings in place, is that your ISP has blacklisted dfwmustangs.net mail server IP thinking that's it's flooding or spam. As a site owner, I've had this happen and had to contact the ISP and validate my site and get whitelisted. Also, most host will only allow a maximum of 250-500 outgoing emails per hour. And the host itself can lock out the email server for this account. That's why I had to install a program on my vB sites called Cron Based Mail Queue to limit the batches of email and the interval they are sent to stay under the limit set by the host.

My 2 cents...

Comment

So what are u recommending? I've already tried what u mentioned above and still nothing.
                        --carlos

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by projectPONY View Post
                          So what are u recommending? I've already tried what u mentioned above and still nothing.
                          Are you using Firefox or IE? Who is your ISP?

Comment

Firefox
                            --carlos

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by projectPONY View Post
                              Firefox
                              Same here. You submitted your post at 2:31 and I got the email notification for your reply at 2:31

If your settings in UserCP are set to Instant Email Notification under Default Subscription mode and you are not receiving emails, then the only possible reason could be one of three issues. They are going into your spam/junk box. Your email client or web based email client is set up to auto delete any and all spam. Or your ISP has blacklisted the dfwstangs.net email server IP address (64.64.11.168) thinking that it is spam based or an attempt to flood the system. You can contact your ISP customer service or support and ask them to whitelist it. Or ask Mach1 to contact their host, which will contact that particular ISP and ask to be whitelisted. ISPs will sometime interpret high volume emails coming from same server as spam or Dos attacks.

Dear Mustangman_2000,

projectPONY has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - thread subscription notifications - in the The Texan Gamer Computer and Gaming Center forum of DFW Mustangs.

This thread is located at:
                              I'm haven't been receiving any email notifications of replies to threads that I'm subscribed to. I've checked all my setting here on the board and everything seems to be where it should be. any thoughts?

Here is the message that has just been posted:
                              Firefox

There may also be other replies, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.

All the best,
                              DFW Mustangs

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                              Unsubscription information:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit this page:

To unsubscribe from ALL threads, please visit this page:

Last edited by LS1Goat; 12-15-2010, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X