Tablet Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tablet Question

Can you browse anywhere you go with these? Or is it only in wi-fi areas? I was wondering if GPS would work on these. Referring to the non-ipad 3g's.

Any help would be appreciated. TIA.

I'd imagine they will be model specific. I haven't done much research into the tablets but right now Apple is the only one offering tablets that can be purchased with a mobile cellular plan. You'd just have to get it through AT&T or Verizon for now.
    Originally posted by Jester
    Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
    He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
    Originally posted by Denny
    What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
    FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Originally posted by motoman
      I'd imagine they will be model specific. I haven't done much research into the tablets but right now Apple is the only one offering tablets that can be purchased with a mobile cellular plan. You'd just have to get it through AT&T or Verizon for now.
      Verizon is offering a 3G Samsung Galaxy tab for $600 right. I don't know the details but I remember seeing it on their site the other day.

Comment

there's 2 versions. the wifi version and the data plan version. there is also only 2 worth a damn tablets. the galaxy tab and the ipad. the tab offers full flash for websites etc. details here: http://galaxytab.samsungmobile.com/ it comes with a data plan from ALL 4 major providers IE: Verizon, att, tmobile, and sprint. then there's the wifi version. i want to get the tab but its pricey as is the ipad, around 600. to break it down its pretty much a laptop with out the keyboard. does pretty much everything plus there's the app market.

Tesla Service Technician.

Comment

Stay away of the cheapies..
          GIFSoup

Comment

If they advertise it as 3G or 4G then it'll have cell network capabilities and of course you'll have to pay extra to use them, otherwise it'll be wifi only. The GPS would depend on the unit, some have dedicated chips while others rely on the cell networks for triangulation. Even the ones that do have a dedicated GPS probably won't work very well without network connectivity unless you have the maps saved somewhere on it.

My droid for example works great as a GPS as long as you are in an area where it can get a solid data connection. Head out to the boonies though and it might as well be a toaster. Sure you can make calls but don't rely on it for anything else. If you need a GPS get a real GPS. If you only drive around cities where you'll likely always have a data connection though it'll probably be fine.

Comment

I really want a Samsung Tab, but willing to wait for the prices to go down.

Comment

anyone buy a galaxy tab yet?

i like the look and i'm close to pulling the trigger on one

...but the OS feels clunky. almost feels like i need to reformat the thing because the performance doesnt match the specs.
                www.hppmotorsports.com
                ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by momostallion View Post
                  anyone buy a galaxy tab yet?

i like the look and i'm close to pulling the trigger on one

...but the OS feels clunky. almost feels like i need to reformat the thing because the performance doesnt match the specs.
                  I haven't played with one yet but from what I read online they're big sellers. The only people I know that don't like them are the Apple fans... of course they won't like the Android OS.
                  Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
                    I haven't played with one yet but from what I read online they're big sellers. The only people I know that don't like them are the Apple fans... of course they won't like the Android OS.
                    looks like rooting helps this device some but the real problem is 2.2 isnt designed with tablets in mind.

i'll just wait for 3.0 and a native android tablet instead.
                    maybe there will be a nexus tablet.
                    www.hppmotorsports.com
                    ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

looks like rooting helps this device some but the real problem is 2.2 isnt designed with tablets in mind.

i'll just wait for 3.0 and a native android tablet instead.
                      maybe there will be a nexus tablet.
                      I was under the impression that google isn't offering support for these... Are they even going to have a 3.0?

Comment

Viewsonic's G Tablet looks nice, once you ditch their software and go to android only at least. No GPS or 3/4G in it though. Bigger screen, faster processor. Now if it just had an IR transmitter and I could use it as a programmable A/V remote it'd be in my shopping cart.

Comment

I was under the impression that google isn't offering support for these... Are they even going to have a 3.0?
                          android? yes, they will continue adding and improving their OS and it will continue increasing in versions just like apple does.

3.x (honeycomb) is supposed to be the next big jump for them and it is supposed to be tablet friendly.
                          www.hppmotorsports.com
                          ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

android? yes, they will continue adding and improving their OS and it will continue increasing in versions just like apple does.

3.x (honeycomb) is supposed to be the next big jump for them and it is supposed to be tablet friendly.
                            Hmm I'll have to look into it more then. Isn't 3.0 going to be Gingerbread?

Comment

Hmm I'll have to look into it more then. Isn't 3.0 going to be Gingerbread?
                              Gingerbread is 2.3 I believe.

Comment

Working...
                              X