Sound deadening for road noise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound deadening for road noise?

I'm not looking for competition level quiet or anything, but I would like to cut down the road and exhaust noise in my '17 GT. First thought is to Dynamat the trunk, easiuest, and helps with exhaust noise best, are the doors worth the hassle, what about pulling the carpet/dash/headliner?

Again, not looking to go overboard, what's the minimum I can get away with? Where does the most sound get in the cabin from? What mediums work best?

You want a thick mat for killing road noise. Closed cell and open cell foam mat is what you need.
    Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

tires make a difference as well. zero pressure tires will typically be louder. so check on that. that will make the biggest immediate noise reduction.

i cannot stand air noise and road noise, so i just put a big cam in. so i replaces one noise for another.

helps my car has what are basically factory cut outs. it is fairly quiet on the highway. minus the drone. i did line everything except the doors with heat insulation. i do not think it did anything regarding noise, but now the center console does not cook my phone.

Comment

Look at sound deadener show down

Comment

Originally posted by one slow 5.0 View Post
          Look at sound deadener show down

I did this in my truck. Holy hell. It works.

Comment

I sell Stinger Roadkill. The carpet pad (foam/vinyl barrier)is great for the floor. Best results will be with Butyl/foil product like Roadkill Expert and then Carpet pad on top of that.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
              https://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/

I did this in my truck. Holy hell. It works.
              $900 for a kit for my car

Comment

You can spend that much but you don't have to.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggin Wagon View Post
                  $900 for a kit for my car
                  It's not cheap and it's not lightweight. I wouldn't even think about it for a Mustang.

Comment

I only used the mlv on the doors rear wall and floors on my truck. That was enough to be able to use my phone while driving down the road. Truck makes over 600hp long tubes,3" no cats , Borla XR1s and exits right before the passenger tire

Comment

If you're REALLY building a race car then sure, save weight. Otherwise, it is well worth the additional weight to have the noise and heat blocking that sound deadening provides. Even if you went crazy and covered every panel and added carpet pad, it would be less than 100 lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by EW View Post
                        I sell Stinger Roadkill. The carpet pad (foam/vinyl barrier)is great for the floor. Best results will be with Butyl/foil product like Roadkill Expert and then Carpet pad on top of that.
                        Why the Stinger over Dynamat? I'm looking for potentially a one-layer install, whatever's best, not just cheapest. I'm thinking maybe in the trunk I'll get an accoustic barrier mat from the guy below, would reason to be a bit better than just carpet pad.

Is the process below overkill? I get that more layers is better, but his 4-step process seems to be a bit much. All I want is a relatively quiet DD, not something prepped for sound competitions.

Comment

Start with the mvl and ccf in the trunk and wheel wells

Comment

I sell Dynamat if someone requests it but otherwise the Stinger is less expensive.

Comment

Working...
                            X