New car suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
    When you find one for under 25K let me know and I'll be by asap to pick it up.
    $33k with lots of miles is the cheapest I can find and those aren't CPO.

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
      I didn't know they were lesbians.
      hahahahaha
      Allstate Insurance
      Dominguez Agency
      1101 E. Bardin Rd. suite 141
      Arlington, TX. 76018
      817-405-2011
      tdominguez@allstate.com
      Give us a call so we can take a look at your insurance needs, we may be able to save you $$!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
        We're on our 3rd TL in a row and love them. One of the only other vehicles Lea was seriously considering was the MDX (after looking at and driving a bunch of different brands / models). Our last two have had the SH-AWD, which I think is pretty outstanding, and supposedly just as good on the MDX.
        Can't go wrong with the J-series engine and Honda quality, for the most part.

Comment

My wife's Acura has had a few costly issues the last few months but it is 10 years old so I guess I can't be that surprised.
          Originally posted by davbrucas
          I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
            My wife's Acura has had a few costly issues the last few months but it is 10 years old so I guess I can't be that surprised.
            True, once they hit that 100k plus range and some of the bigger wear items are needed they can get expensive too. We did keep the 2009 a little longer, and did the timing belt and all of the other recommended maintenance stuff for over 100k miles, but it was a couple grand as I recall. That was one of the reasons Lea was more diligent about finding one with really low miles when we bought the 2014. Not fans of the TLX so we bought the best equipped, latest model, lowest mileage TL we could find.

Lea is kind of rough on cars too, as she has to drive around all of the wonderful streets of Arlington every day.

Comment

Yeah I got hit with the a/c clutch and the alternator in the last 6 months. At some point it's gonna need the power steering rack and it's gonna be hard to justify that over just getting her a new Lexus. But up until 6 months ago, never had a problem.
              Originally posted by davbrucas
              I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

My Wife had a Rouge SL and it was at 80k with no issues what so ever. Her little Versa hatch was the same way 89k, no issues ever. Hopefully the new Murano will go the distance also. Love that damn thing.
                Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                  My Wife had a Rouge SL and it was at 80k with no issues what so ever. Her little Versa hatch was the same way 89k, no issues ever. Hopefully the new Murano will go the distance also. Love that damn thing.
                  I have my eye on the Murano for the wife. We just got her Maxima a couple of years ago. It's great but she wants something that sits higher.

Comment

Wifey drives an Acura rdx and she loves it.

Comment

We bought mine a '18 Durango RT. The new frontend in pretty cool. No complaints so far at 12k miles. Wish I would of had the scratch to step up to the SRT.

Comment

Don't get a Jeep GC. They are pretty cheaply made. I didn't like my 2015.

Comment

True, once they hit that 100k plus range and some of the bigger wear items are needed they can get expensive too. We did keep the 2009 a little longer, and did the timing belt and all of the other recommended maintenance stuff for over 100k miles, but it was a couple grand as I recall. That was one of the reasons Lea was more diligent about finding one with really low miles when we bought the 2014. Not fans of the TLX so we bought the best equipped, latest model, lowest mileage TL we could find.

Lea is kind of rough on cars too, as she has to drive around all of the wonderful streets of Arlington every day.
                          low miles is somewhat negated by age. I pealed a crusty timing belt off a car years ago that was super low miles, but still older, and only driven short distances. I'd rather have well maintained and driven cars than the little old lady special that only had the oil changed annually because that's all it was driven.
                          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

You accidentally misspelled from 2p-5pm 3 days a week.
                            Originally posted by BradM
                            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                            Originally posted by Leah
                            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                              low miles is somewhat negated by age. I pealed a crusty timing belt off a car years ago that was super low miles, but still older, and only driven short distances. I'd rather have well maintained and driven cars than the little old lady special that only had the oil changed annually because that's all it was driven.
                              I agree, cars sitting are not necessarily a good thing, especially in weather like we have here.

That said, we knew we were getting a 2014 since it was the last year of the TL, the goal was finding the lowest mile 2014 that checked all of the boxes. So age wasn't really a factor.

Comment

That price range gives you a lot of options. It you want a nearly immortal SUV get a 4Runner or Sequoia. I have had both and they are a good design that is built very well.
                                Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Working...
                                X