X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The King View Post
    ^^^^^
    Agitated aren't we?

I think you are trying to portray God solely as being Jesus Christ. Let me introduce you to the concept of the Trinity: The Father (God), The Son (Jesus), The Holy Spirit. Difficult to grasp, I know, because I don't completely grasp it myself.
    I'm not agitated at all. I typically type how I talk. You're one of the peeps in this forum I actually respect and going in to a conversation I understand that most likely, nothing will be resolved(like 99% of threads in the theology forum). Unlike BrianC though, you stick to your word and don't back-track and ignore previous posts that you've made. Like I've told you before, my family and I have polar opposite religious beliefs, but I respect that they have theirs. Just like it blows my mind how somebody can put all of their faith in to something that they can't prove exists with their five senses, I'm sure it blows your mind to think that everything in the universe could come from one microscopic singularity that said "fuck this" and blew up.
    "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino View Post
      Genesis 1:27, God created man in His own image?
      Welcome to 2 weeks & 5 days ago.
      Evolution: The Grand Experiment http://espanol.video.yahoo.com/watch/6291380/16324191 This is the first episode of a DVD/TV/Book series a doctor made from a scientific perspective, he says. He is a scientist and one of his college buddies bet him a long time ago that he could not prove Evolution one way or the other. So

Originally posted by poopnut2 View Post
      I'm not agitated at all. I typically type how I talk. You're one of the peeps in this forum I actually respect and going in to a conversation I understand that most likely, nothing will be resolved(like 99% of threads in the theology forum). Unlike BrianC though, you stick to your word and don't back-track and ignore previous posts that you've made. Like I've told you before, my family and I have polar opposite religious beliefs, but I respect that they have theirs. Just like it blows my mind how somebody can put all of their faith in to something that they can't prove exists with their five senses, I'm sure it blows your mind to think that everything in the universe could come from one microscopic singularity that said "fuck this" and blew up.
      Nah you're cool, agitated was meant to be sarcastic and maybe get someone, well, agaitated.

You have to give BrianC some slack if he does backtrack, because with all those verbose posts how in the hell (gasp!) can he remember what he posted?

Regarding faith, does it not take a similar leap of faith to believe the universe simply began with a Big Bang, which was not witnessed or perceived by any of the five senses? Does this theory at all offer any explanation of how nothing created something (this singularity) out of nothing? Sounds like faith to me.

Comment

I suspect the reason is that most people have a residue of feeling that Darwinian evolution isn't quite big enough to explain everything about life. All I can say is that the feeling disappears progressively the more you read about and study what is known about life and evolution. Evolution does not require the nonexistance of God, it merely allows for it. That alone is enough to evoke condemnation from those who fear the nonexistance of God more than they fear God Himself.
        Geology shows that fossils are of different ages. Paleontology shows a fossil sequence, the list of species represented changes through time. Taxonomy shows biological relationships among species. Evolution is the explanation that threads it all together. Creationism is the practice of squeeezing one's eyes shut and wailing "does not!"

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
          Creationism is the practice of squeeezing one's eyes shut and wailing "does not!"
          Actually doctor, Merriam-Webster disagrees with you.

CREATIONISM
          cre·a·tion·ism (noun)
          a doctrine or theory holding that matter, the various forms of life, and the world were created by God out of nothing and usually in the way described in Genesis

Now, which definition of creationism should I follow? The boring old Dictionary of the English Language version or Dr. Daves crackerjack box version? Tough choice, lol......

Comment

But there's a treat at the bottom of Dr Dave's Crackerjack Box!! Enlightenment!

Comment

Genesis 1:27, God created man in His own image?
              God did not create man in his own image, man created God in his image.

Comment

I guess I'm still confused
                Originally posted by Da Prez
                Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Originally posted by Juiced4v View Post
                  Keep at it...youre almost there!

Comment

Keep at it...youre almost there!
                    Things a Catholic priest would say to a youth, for $600 Alec.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon-k View Post
                      Things a Catholic priest would say to a youth, for $600 Alec.

Comment

Originally posted by Juiced4v View Post
                        Do you mean all these learned minds, along with the token few not-so-learned ones, who have graced this thread haven't yet enlightened you?

Comment

You didn't address it very well. You said that "image" means "spirit," but failed to back it up or further elaborate.
                          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                          HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

You didn't address it very well. You said that "image" means "spirit," but failed to back it up or further elaborate.
                            Read the verse from Genesis that preceedeth that which thou quoted.

Genesis 1:26 (KJV)
                            Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness....

Many readers, including me, interpret "our" to mean the Trinity, i.e. The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Only The Son was among us as a man.
                            Last edited by The King; 01-01-2011, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Read the verse from Genesis that preceedeth that which thou quoted.

Genesis 1:26 (KJV)
                              Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness....

Many readers, including me, interpret "our" to mean the Trinity, i.e. The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Only The Son was among us as a man.
                              Or the aliens from outer space that populated the earth.

Comment

Or the aliens from outer space that populated the earth.
                                What became of last week's speculation over the building blocks of life having been delivered to earth by meteorites?

Comment

Working...
                                X