Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shaggin Wagon View Post
    Fake news!

These damn weatherman create all this fake hype, quite ridiculous IMO. They take crying wolf to a whole nother level.

Just like this .

It's called a forecast ( a prediction ). We can not tell what the weather will actually do, if that was the case then we would be able to control the weather.

Comment

I think the oldschool weather men were better then these current guys, These new guys just read off what ever the computer spits out.

But what I really have a problem with is over-hyping it up and whipping the public into a frenzy over it...but I guess that could be said about any kind of news nowadays.

Comment

We did get some badass lightning. It was like a strobe light for a while.

Comment

On one hand, they give the predictions, and those go from 'it's gonna rain' to 'SNOMYGOD HAILZ'. I would rather be prepared for what potentially could happen, as far as moving cars inside and whatnot. Steve McCauly posted on his facebook that it was going to be a 70% of the metroplex getting rain, and some may get all modes of severe weather. He was right, i think.
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Who put up all the Nay tags?

I started believing all the hype about hail, almost bought a bunch of moving blankets to cover my nicer truck, but Harbor Freight was sold out. Then I realized the truck could be moved to the garage, and the wife's car could go to offsite storage for the night. Better safe than sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
              Who put up all the Nay tags?
              Somebody who is a special kind of bored. Seems kind of sad at this point.

Comment

On a related note, there will probably be a bunch of air mattresses and moving blankets for sale or given away this weekend.

Comment

I was really hoping to report a hail totaled vehicle today.

God damnit.
                  sigpic

Comment

I think the oldschool weather men were better then these current guys, These new guys just read off what ever the computer spits out.

But what I really have a problem with is over-hyping it up and whipping the public into a frenzy over it...but I guess that could be said about any kind of news nowadays.
                    No they certainly were not. This is a classic case of "the older we get...the better we were"

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                      No they certainly were not. This is a classic case of "the older we get...the better we were"

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/ar...-more-accurate
                      I suppose so, but the hype has certainly increased though...

Comment

Yes it has. Social media!!!!

Comment

Had to be the biggest storm Hype I have ever seen, wtf....
                          Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Definitely. Listening to a well established traffic/weather radio station back east with a possible threat of a snow storm the announcer said, "If you want to risk certain harm, do not go outside." This is before any snow had fallen. It's all about how many listeners/viewers can be wrangled.

Comment

It's still raining and hailing here in Keller!1!11!!!

Comment

I'm not "snitching" anyone out on the TAGS, but Rodney does contribute to some, he can't post but he can TAG.

Though, the NAYWANTSPOOPHATCHBATTED is hilarious!
                                Originally posted by Silverback
                                Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
                                X