2013 burger joint list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
    Burger was good. I agree with Jose and Tim, the patty was more done than the 'medium' that I ordered, and while all the toppings were delicious, they did make it a bit 'busy' for tasting and enjoying the patty.

Mine was a little overcooked as well. I go to the one in Ft Worth pretty often, and it's usually dead on medium.

As for the burgers being "busy", you probably should have ordered the Big Cheesy or whatever their normal burger is, to get the flavor of the burger alone.

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
    Five Guys > Flips?

Nah!

Originally posted by Jose View Post
    I don't believe I've met bcoop personally and have only talked to him online before.

I bought a smoker from you roughly 3 years ago. But, it was dark, and I was in a hurry.

Changing the subject a little, seemed like most of you guys ordered chips with your burgers. Was I missing something or do you guys not like fries?

I'm not big on fries, really. I like the fries at some places, like Wing Stop, and a handlful of others. But I typically order chips or onion rings in place of fries.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
      My burger was delicious, not to sure about that 50/50 though. But I agree with Jose, better to order the next one with no extra shit. This was also my first time with a egg on my burger, it was grand.
      I've only had one burger before with an egg on it (think it was a quail egg) and I didn't care for it much. It was at an Oak Cliff restaurant called Smoke and the burger was huge. I think because it was so big and had so many toppings (I see a trend here) that I didn't enjoy the burger as much as I could have.

Oh and the homemade potato chips were great.
      I'm not much of a chip person when it comes to burgers, maybe with hot dogs but not burgers. But I might have to give it a try next time.

Originally posted by bcoop
      As for the burgers being "busy", you probably should have ordered the Big Cheesy or whatever their normal burger is, to get the flavor of the burger alone.
      I'll definitely do that next time.

I bought a smoker from you roughly 3 years ago. But, it was dark, and I was in a hurry.
      Ya I remember that (I always forget it was your). Probably closer to 4 or 5 years ago though but definitely not 3.

I'm not big on fries, really. I like the fries at some places, like Wing Stop, and a handlful of others. But I typically order chips or onion rings in place of fries.
      I heard that about the fries at Wing Stop as well LOL! Some sort of survey about best fries. Anyway it surprised me. There good but I was surprised it made it the cut on a survey. I think the fries at Five Guys might be better though.

Comment

Ya, the patties were definitely cooked past medium. Honestly, I didn't like the 50/50 as much as a normal patty. I could definitely taste the bacon flavor, but I'd rather have slices of bacon added on than to have it in with the patty. It was cool to try it, though.

Burgers, to me, are very plain by nature, so I like a lot of toppings on them as long as they work well together. In fact, I think I liked the single patty better, because the toppings to beef ratio works better for me. When I make burgers at home, I tend to add jalapenos, blue cheese crumbles, cheddar, bacon, guacamole, etc. When I really want to taste beef, I grill a steak.

I'd like Flip's fries if they were a little bit crispier. I can't stand soft fries. They don't have to be crunchy, but at least stiff. The chips are pretty good, although my burger was so damn big, I barely touched them.

Comment

I was full all day after eating that Sam I Am. I cracked open a beer at 6:00 and I was still belching burger. And I agree the burgers were cooked past medium.
          Still a good Burger though.
          Originally posted by Silverback
          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Still my favorite. http://www.jcsburgerhouse.com/

Comment

I heard that about the fries at Wing Stop as well LOL! Some sort of survey about best fries. Anyway it surprised me. There good but I was surprised it made it the cut on a survey. I think the fries at Five Guys might be better though.
              At Wing Stop they are fresh cut, and salted with seasoning salt, and sugar. I think the sugar, and fresh cut is what makes them, personally. I don't care for pre cut, frozen fries at all. I do like a good fresh cut fry, but only have them occasionally, because most places don't serve them.
              Originally posted by BradM
              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
              Originally posted by Leah
              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I was full all day after eating that Sam I Am. I cracked open a beer at 6:00 and I was still belching burger. And I agree the burgers were cooked past medium.
                Still a good Burger though.
                Man I was still full at breakfast the next morning LOL!

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                At Wing Stop they are fresh cut, and salted with seasoning salt, and sugar. I think the sugar, and fresh cut is what makes them, personally. I don't care for pre cut, frozen fries at all. I do like a good fresh cut fry, but only have them occasionally, because most places don't serve them.
                OK I've had the fries and they are pretty good, they sorta remind me of the fries at Five Guys. Didn't know they added sugar to the fries, what exactly does that do?

Comment

Man I was still full at breakfast the next morning LOL!

OK I've had the fries and they are pretty good, they sorta remind me of the fries at Five Guys. Didn't know they added sugar to the fries, what exactly does that do?
                  Makes them sweet homie. I love Wing Stop's fries. Unfortunately, that's about all that's good there.
                  How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

I wish I would have seen this earlier.

Comment

• Originally posted by EW View Post
                      Yeah no doubt...I never check the food forum and I still haven't progressed to using the "new posts" option
                      --Marcus

Comment

• Originally posted by EW View Post
                        Aw crap! Sorry Eric

Comment

• Originally posted by mystic96 View Post
                          Yeah no doubt...I never check the food forum and I still haven't progressed to using the "new posts" option
                          Ya the GTG got setup pretty quick so very little notice.

Comment

Working...
                          X