No announcement yet.

True Grit remake? Really?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thought this was kind of cool for those interested. It shows the buildings and landmarks still there today.

Originally posted by mutherjuggz
    That whole "making love" shit is for the birds. I won't get all graphic on my preferences, but if you can't knock the bottom out with a vengeance.... leave me alone

Comment

Originally posted by ENKI View Post
      LMAO.

I'm only 22, and I f'ing love John Wayne movies
      Though I agree it should have been left alone, just judging by the previews it looks pretty decent.
      As long as no one decides to remake El Dorado, I'll be just fine.
      Isn't that a remake of something else? An earlier Mitchum movie? Rio Bravo?
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
        Isn't that a remake of something else? An earlier Mitchum movie? Rio Bravo?
        They were pretty close story line wise. Rio Bravo is one of my top 5 John Wayne movies. I think the cast was pretty good in it. ( John Wayne, Robert Mitchum, Dean Martin, Ricky Nelson, Angie Dickenson and Walter Brennan as Stumpy!!!)
        That whole "making love" shit is for the birds. I won't get all graphic on my preferences, but if you can't knock the bottom out with a vengeance.... leave me alone

Comment

I cant see True Grit as a remake because it is such a classic. However I would really like to see The War Wagon remade. I feel they did a poor job making it and the story is a good one.

Comment

Hmmm....
            For me, TRUE GRIT is second only to MILLER’S CROSSING as my favorite Coen Brother film of all time. TRUE GRIT is also my pick for the single best film of 2010. I say that without the slightest hesitation. It simply is so. What sets it...
            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Considering who made it, I am willing to give it a chance.
              Originally posted by racrguy
              What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
              Originally posted by racrguy
              Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Its not a remake of the classic- its the Coen's adaptation of the book by Charles Portis.

It will be good I'm sure as every Coen movie has great dialogue, plus the dude always abides man.

Comment

Its not a remake of the classic- its the Coen's adaptation of the book by Charles Portis.

It will be good I'm sure as every Coen movie has great dialogue, plus the dude always abides man.

Comment

Maybe its just me... but I saw it last night and I was NOT impressed. Even if I had not seen the original, I would still have walked out thinking it was no better than just OK. I cant get into detail about it as I dont want to ruin it for those who plan to see it.

Comment

Who cares. Old movies were made with shit graffix and new movies look better then there. Old counter parts. Gee how some people like to bitch. Joking.

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
                        Who cares. Old movies were made with shit graffix and new movies look better then there. Old counter parts. Gee how some people like to bitch. Joking.
                        Set their asses straight

Comment

Originally posted by T-TOPPS5.0 View Post
                          Maybe its just me... but I saw it last night and I was NOT impressed. Even if I had not seen the original, I would still have walked out thinking it was no better than just OK. I cant get into detail about it as I dont want to ruin it for those who plan to see it.
                          You're the first person I've heard say it wasn't that good.
                          "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

If you told me that "x" movie was the greatest john wayne movie ever, and "y" movie was only a decent, or crappy modern flick made today, i'd watch the y way before even thinking of watching x.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by poopnut2 View Post
                              You're the first person I've heard say it wasn't that good.
                              Its not that I flat out didnt like it, I just didnt think it was better than just Ok. I thougt it was a bit slow. I dont regret seeing it. I just didnt think it came close to the original. I know it was supposed to be based on the book and not the movie.... but weren't both movies based on the same book? And lets be honest, most are comparing it to J.W's version. I just cant say why I didnt like it because it would require me to talk about the differences in the movies. And as I said, i dont want to ruin it for anybody.

It boils down to different strokes........

Comment

Originally posted by T-TOPPS5.0 View Post
                                Its not that I flat out didnt like it, I just didnt think it was better than just Ok. I thougt it was a bit slow. I dont regret seeing it. I just didnt think it came close to the original. I know it was supposed to be based on the book and not the movie.... but weren't both movies based on the same book? And lets be honest, most are comparing it to J.W's version. I just cant say why I didnt like it because it would require me to talk about the differences in the movies. And as I said, i dont want to ruin it for anybody.

It boils down to different strokes........
                                ALL Coen brother movies are slow, that just kind of comes with what they do. I haven't had time to go see this, but I'm very excited to.

Comment

Working...
                                X