• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
    Rob...

follow my buddy Jason's Egg Blog.

He does a lot of cooking on it. http://griffinsgrub.wordpress.com/
    I "liked" his FB page yesterday actually!

Comment

So is 650 the highest you have ever gotten it?

Wide open you should have no issue getting to that and above. On my Egg 650 is a low-medium temp for most the shit I cook on there. Pizza and steaks are typically 675-750.....
      Seasoning the grill I have had that fucker pegged which is over 900....

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
        Rob...

follow my buddy Jason's Egg Blog.

He does a lot of cooking on it. http://griffinsgrub.wordpress.com/
        He has some really good ideas on there, Thinking I will try this one later in the week.

???? Looking for ways to try to?eat healthier and something a bit?different from?our ordinary meals, I came across some recipes for stuffed zucchini boats. I remembered that I had these before at a…

Comment

BGE
          Buy the largest one you can afford. I started with the Large and had to step up to the XL. You won't regret the purchase!

Comment

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
            So is 650 the highest you have ever gotten it?

Wide open you should have no issue getting to that and above. On my Egg 650 is a low-medium temp for most the shit I cook on there. Pizza and steaks are typically 675-750.....
            Seasoning the grill I have had that fucker pegged which is over 900....

Yes, 650 is the hottest I have gotten it too, but I didn't want it that hot so I backed it waaaay down on the air intake. I think I did the pizza at 450, burgers last night at about 600. Still learning it and the air vent settings/amount of lump coal and how they react. Grilled 4 times on it so far.

Comment

Might try cooking the pizzas hotter, in my experience 550-600 seems to cook them much better on mine, and be sure to let the stone have plenty of time to get good and hot. I like to drink while cooking burgers so I do them lower to allow for more beer consumption lol.

Comment

Cooked a pizza tonight at 475 for 9 1/2 minutes, a little burned on the bottom. Not so bad you couldn't eat it, but just a tad over done. I'll either do it at 450 again, or try a little less time. Added some mesquite wood chunks, had a pretty good flavor!

Chicken breasts tomorrow night, not sure what I'll marinate them in yet.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
                  Cooked a pizza tonight at 475 for 9 1/2 minutes, a little burned on the bottom. Not so bad you couldn't eat it, but just a tad over done. I'll either do it at 450 again, or try a little less time. Added some mesquite wood chunks, had a pretty good flavor!

Chicken breasts tomorrow night, not sure what I'll marinate them in yet.
                  Time cooks, temperature browns. You're going too long at that temp. Shorten time, or shorten time even more and raise the temp a bit.
                  Originally posted by BradM
                  But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                  Originally posted by Leah
                  In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

We have a Kamado.. They say not to use a liquid starter fluid in them as it contaminates the surface..

Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

Ribeyes tonight

Comment

Chopped54, cooking that chicken in the pan like that, does the bottom get gooey? The top looks nice and crispy for sure! Does all that juice in he pan sort of cook it like it was in boiling water?

I used a pan on the second rack, sitting on top of the pizza stone to catch the drippings when I cooked a whole chicken (on a stand so it was similar to the one on the left), but I racked it upside down, so the breast was closer to the heat (read that on some egg forum). Was OK for my first one, still getting used to adjusting the temp correctly and maintaining it thru the entire cook. Usually end up getting hotter, but I'm slowly learning hoe to dial it all in!

Cooked some chicken sausage Saturday, I took a friends advice and par boiled (sp?) them a bit before grilling, helped them not split and dry out this time. I always either under or over cook sausages.

Comment

slowly I'm getting better. cooked another chicken tonight, cut the air down sooner than i did before and it held at 405'ish for the cook. Used a spicy rub Lyn bought, corn and cauliflower mashed potatoes. Turned out really good and very moist.

Comment

600 bucks? No thanx lol.
                            Non tapatalk Sig so the butt hurt va-JJs can stop crying about not being able to turn it off.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
                              Only one thing missing...

Comment

I burnt up two of the probes, first was my fault, second I was no where near their rating....

Comment

Working...
                                X