Obama Gives Employers a One-Year Reprieve on Health-Care Mandate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama Gives Employers a One-Year Reprieve on Health-Care Mandate

The U.S. administration on Tuesday said it will not require employers to provide health insurance for their workers until 2015, in a move that delays a key provision of President Barack Obama's health-care reform law by a year.

The delay of part of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act represents the administration's response to widespread complaints about the reporting requirements for employers with more than 50 workers

The Obama administration will give big employers an extra year to comply with the requirement that they provide employees with health care.

Your title should have been: "Obama gives Democrats cover for 2014 Mid Terms"...
    Fucking politics...Waiting on the revolution to start, this is just bullshit

Comment

Reading between the lines, "The administration said that small business owners can go get fucked."
      More wag the dog bullshit from an adminstration that specializes in both bullshit and wagging the dog.
      "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

I can't wait until mid-terms. These assholes need to be kicked the fuck out, literally. I hope people aren't fucking dumb and can see the smoke and mirrors this time.

Comment

Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
          Your title should have been: "Obama gives Democrats cover for 2014 Mid Terms"...
          Fucking politics...Waiting on the revolution to start, this is just bullshit
          Then in 2015 when the shit hits the fan, they will, somehow, find a way to point the finger at the Republicans who have all opposed it to being the ones at fault.

Either that, or after 2015, it won't matter was martial law will have been declared and Obama will have crowned himself King.
          How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by Geor! View Post
            Either that, or after 2015, it won't matter as martial law will have been declared and Obama will have crowned himself Führer.
            ftfy

Comment

Obamacare, the only law so great it's giving out exemptions and passing out passes so that it won't go into effect until after the next election
              I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
                Reading between the lines, "The administration said that small business owners can go get fucked."
                More wag the dog bullshit from an adminstration that specializes in both bullshit and wagging the dog.

This is probably the best thing that could have happened. Dems admitting that this is bad for the populace, and sticking it to the little guy... that votes.

99%of small business owners are registered, and 94% vote in state elections. http://www.nsba.biz/vote/docs/NSBA-Politics-2012.pdf

Comment

Have we seen the whites of their eyes yet?

Comment

Alan Colmes' asshole that is his mouth trying to explain this away is pathetic. He's blaming conservatives already.
                    How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                      I can't wait until mid-terms. These assholes need to be kicked the fuck out, literally. I hope people aren't fucking dumb and can see the smoke and mirrors this time.
                      I only hope they ARE kicked out. Unless more Obama-drones go vote again. Fortunately, they usually care less about senator/rep elections.
                      "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Yep. Pushing it out past the election.

Comment

It just proves to everyone what a stinking turd Barry-Care really is. They should use this as a spring-board to nullify the entire program.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
                            I only hope they ARE kicked out. Unless more Obama-drones go vote again. Fortunately, they usually care less about senator/rep elections.
                            The interesting thing is when the VRA was kicked down, a lot of states (like Texas) immediately moved to put in place photo ID for voting. If they move fast enough, only actual Americans will be able to vote in 2014
                            I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

If you stop and think about this it is a gamble. The reason why is that it doesn't affect the individual mandate to have insurance. So essentially they have just forced a lot of people who would be getting insurance from their employer next year at a cheaper rate to buy it on the insurance exchanges at a much higher rate.

This whole thing is going to blow up in their face because the economics don't work. There was an excellent article in the WSJ last week that said a single non smoker making 35K a year in Virginia would have to pay $190 a month for insurance if they bought it off the exchange. Their 35K salary is far above the level where they would get a subsidy. The insurance is very shitty too, including things like $60 copays for doctor visits and a $2500 a year deductible. I don't know many people who make that kind of money who are going to sign up for that sort of bullshit. Not only that but what if they smoke as many people in lower income brackets do? It probably triples the cost.

This whole thing is a joke and is a fantastic example of liberal economics in action. Just judge things by the INTENT, not the results.
                              Originally posted by racrguy
                              What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                              Originally posted by racrguy
                              Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Working...
                              X