Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
    This just seems to be a waste of time.
    Congratulations. You now realize what "reality" tv is. Stop watching it.
    sigpic

Comment

So far I'm pretty disappointed in the whole thing. I liked the original idea posted about them meeting at a junkyard, building a car and driving 1000 miles. I would have loved to see that. This just seems to be a waste of time.
      Agreed. Neither show is working to their own strengths.

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
      Congratulations. You now realize what "reality" tv is. Stop watching it.
      Roadkill isn't technically reality TV. More like grabbing any car guy, giving them a decent budget and say "go have fun with cars".

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
        Agreed. Neither show is working to their own strengths.

Roadkill isn't technically reality TV. More like grabbing any car guy, giving them a decent budget and say "go have fun with cars".
        That's pretty much what modern "reality tv" is. The level of behind the scenes scripting is out of this world.
        sigpic

Comment

That's pretty much what modern "reality tv" is. The level of behind the scenes scripting is out of this world.

Have you watched roadkill? You can tell the difference between it and something like gas monkey. Of course some of roadkill is scripted, but none of it is cheesy and forced.

Comment

Have you watched roadkill? You can tell the difference between it and something like gas monkey. Of course some of roadkill is scripted, but none of it is cheesy and forced.
            I enjoy roadkill and everything it is. Come win or fail they show what happens. Unlike TV shows if there's not an hour worth of content they just show what happened and say, "well that’s that" and end the episode early with a big smoky burnout. I would put money on Roadkill having been 100% fake drama free until this Gas monkey debacle.

Comment

I would put money on Roadkill having been 100% fake drama free until this Gas monkey debacle.
              I wish there was a way for me to have made that bet with you and get it proven. I feel like that'd be an amazingly easy payday for me.
              sigpic

Comment

I wish there was a way for me to have made that bet with you and get it proven. I feel like that'd be an amazingly easy payday for me.
                There is definetly some script going on and they admit that they will reenact things they miss on camera. But for the most part it is freeballin
                2012 GT500

Comment

By fake drama I mean that If something works they don't pretend it was harder to do so the viewer can think "oh know!". Or pretending to argue, stuff like that.

Comment

What parts do you think are faked for drama? In several episodes, they specifically say that they don't fake anything, shit just happens.

Comment

What parts do you think are faked for drama? In several episodes, they specifically say that they don't fake anything, shit just happens.
                      Was about to state this. I just hope this step doesn't change the dynamic of Roadkill.

Comment

I like when at the beginning of an episode when they say, "we where going to do that... but it broke, so we will do something completely different instead."

Or when they say, "sorry the episode was so short, but nothing broke and everything went right, it was kinda boring. See ya next time!" lol

I'm actually about to make a pilot for an RC airplane youtube show. I am using roadkill as my standard. No fake crap, no predetermined outcomes, and if I fail it makes the final cut. Hope I am as successful as them!

Comment

A video is out. Apparently the gmg car weighed 2500lbs. I saw the video on FB
                          DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

And back halfed and Aaron drove. I am dissapointed but not surprised.

Comment

crappy video.
                              video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Comment

Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Working...
                                X