Lets try this again...........M715

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets try this again...........M715

Running when parked. Well at some point. I did quite a bit to it today but still a long way to go. Currently it has a Cadillac 500 in it with a nice cam and roller rockers, hooked to a Th400. Currently it has a bent valve and he just let it set to long so it will need a rebuild. Did come with a nice ignition system and brand new Avenger carb. Also I have rebuilt 4L80e/stand alone and 205/203 doubler ready to mate up. Front and rear steering Rockwells with detroits, pinion brakes and nice 4 wheel discs on the corners. Even has a rear steer system in the box but I am not sure I want to have rear steer on the highway. Came with pretty much everything to finish it but it will need a lot of changes to get to where I want it. I really want a 4 or 6bt in it and the auto. Also I may put a solid rear axle with ARB locker and put select able hubs. I have a couple of other projects before I dig to hard into this but I am happy I grabbed another one.

Whos your Daddy?

I know a fella that has a 4bt...
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

The rear steer would still be cool to have. Maybe you could rig it up so that you can engage/disengage it whenever you wanted.
      WH

Comment

Big pimpin'. That's awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
          I know a fella that has a 4bt...
          Oh yeah? Miles? tranny? trade for a slightly used 500 caddy! I can't decide if the 4bt would be enough juice. I mean 22mpg would awsome and with the doubler low would be no issue. It would fit perfecttttttt. The 6bt may require a firewall trim.

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
          The rear steer would still be cool to have. Maybe you could rig it up so that you can engage/disengage it whenever you wanted.
          Yes it would be totally bad ass, but all I can think about is the ass end walking sideways at 65mph. They sell a pin kit for it but the brakes may be in the way.
          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
            Oh yeah? Miles? tranny? trade for a slightly used 500 caddy! I can't decide if the 4bt would be enough juice. I mean 22mpg would awsome and with the doubler low would be no issue. It would fit perfecttttttt. The 6bt may require a firewall trim.

Came from a airport pusher, no trans. Put some marine nozzles, cut the plate and a bigger turbo, should do pretty well. You can do anything to the 4bt that you can to the 12v 6bt.
            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
              Came from a airport pusher, no trans. Put some marine nozzles, cut the plate and a bigger turbo, should do pretty well. You can do anything to the 4bt that you can to the 12v 6bt.
              Stock these things had like 60hp so anything would be better. LOL
              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                Yes it would be totally bad ass, but all I can think about is the ass end walking sideways at 65mph. They sell a pin kit for it but the brakes may be in the way.

As long as you made sure it was all in good order and nothing needed to be replaced... I'd guess that you'd probably be just fine. After all, they did design the thing with the rear steering in mind, right? Or was it never intended to go 65mph?
                WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                  As long as you made sure it was all in good order and nothing needed to be replaced... I'd guess that you'd probably be just fine. After all, they did design the thing with the rear steering in mind, right? Or was it never intended to go 65mph?
                  No and maybe. It has two front steering rocks, they can go either place. Truck originally came with Dane 60 front and 70 rear but not really that strong. Fun in a buggy or offroad only for sure. These came in a deuce and a half from the factory.
                  Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Kick ass score! Oh DJ's lead is a solid deal, I seen't it.

Comment

Hmmm, I remember looking at this issue before. Now I remember why the guy used 53" tires on the zone with Rocks and the 6bt. Highway driving. 2500 RPM at 60 mph. They do sell gear sets now for merely a 1000.00 a piece for the Rocks but I am reinventing the wheel just to run a diesel. I guess the Caddy rebuilt would be decent. I think the hydroboost interferes with the big block so I got to mess with the mounts anyways I think. I will be cleaning up and messing with the engine compartment tomorrow. Maybe it just needs a valve job "right". LOL
                      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Lets talk engine swaps. Soooo something narrower and more compact than a 500 caddy, good HP, resonably priced and will bolt right up to the 4L80e? Also something that doesnt mind 2700 RPM or so on the highway. Bonus if the computer controller runs both! I mena lets face it, the Caddy is not going to be cheap to rebuild anyways and needs moved down the guy said.
                        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

LSjuan

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
                          Originally posted by Leah
                          Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

awesome ride! Fix the caddy, sounds cheaper and easier at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                              LSjuan

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
                              I was thinking maybe a 6.0.
                              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Working...
                              X