Bicycle parts, where to get them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bicycle parts, where to get them?

I ride a used Next power stroke mountain bike (cheap Walmart) and recently tried replacing the rear wheel bearings and found the axle was bent to shit. The rear axle is a rod threaded on each end. I have only found the quick release axle stuff. Does anybody have a good bike site they use for older or cheaper bikes?

They're in Garland btw.

Comment

Definitely ditch that P.O.S. Walmart bike. They're dangerous. I used to shop at Bicycles Inc. Sometimes you can find a decent deal on Craigslist if you can get to it before the assholes who flip bikes.

Comment

Originally posted by hxbernal View Post
        http://djsbikeworld.com/

They're in Garland btw.
        They're great! Been going there since 93!
        "PSH!!!"

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Buick355 View Post
            Definitely ditch that P.O.S. Walmart bike. They're dangerous. I used to shop at Bicycles Inc. Sometimes you can find a decent deal on Craigslist if you can get to it before the assholes who flip bikes.
            I agree entirely that they are crappy but for the mild trails I ride it has been good enough. I bought it three years ago from a pawn shop and since have had to replace pedals, brake pads, handle bar grips and now a rear axle and bearings. I really wish I could afford a 1600$ carbon fiber framed mountain bike but this one will do.

Comment

Originally posted by 4EyedTurd View Post
              I agree entirely that they are crappy but for the mild trails I ride it has been good enough. I bought it three years ago from a pawn shop and since have had to replace pedals, brake pads, handle bar grips and now a rear axle and bearings. I really wish I could afford a 1600$ carbon fiber framed mountain bike but this one will do.
              You can catch a Specialized Hardrock, or something similar on sale for around $300 new. Lightyears better, and it won't fall apart on you. Just sayin.

Comment

You can catch a Specialized Hardrock, or something similar on sale for around $300 new. Lightyears better, and it won't fall apart on you. Just sayin.
                You can buy them brand new for $400. For the budget conscious, impossible to beat bikes direct.

This way you get real components and wheels, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                  You can buy them brand new for $400. For the budget conscious, impossible to beat bikes direct.

This way you get real components and wheels, etc.
                  That's a great deal.

Comment

Sometimes you can find a decent deal on Craigslist if you can get to it before the assholes who flip bikes.
                    Holy hell you aint kidding. I think bike flippers are worse than car flippers.

Theres a great local Facebook group called PB&J (pedals bikes and junk)..Some deals there too. I scored an almost new RockHopper 29er for $300.
                    Ditch that thing, you will be amazed at the difference

Comment

Working...
                    X