• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Balls!
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
      I have friends with pools, just like I have friends with boats. I LOVE my pool maintenance program.
      I do have a friend with a nice ski boat on the lake. That is a beautiful thing. I have all access but I am the "fix it guy" for small things. I was gracious enough to buy a fat sack for it and install it!
      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Another Open House today. We've had a lot of traffic over the week so hopefully we can get this house back under contract by the end of the coming week.

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
          My buddy was going to give me over an acre so I could build next to him in Red Oak. However as it turns out Oncor has a gas line running through the acre with a 50 foot easement on both sides. What is bull shit is they supposedly have to have a 50ft easement but they ran the line within 12ft of his bedroom window.

All this was prior to him buying the house and he had no clue. We called Oncor 10 times and no one would ever get back to us. While I have no first hand knowledge, when I was digging around checking on all that, I spoke to the owner of Hunmiller homes as he was building in Lancaster at the time.He told me it was no problem as he had fought Oncor twice, once building almost right up to the gas line.

Somewhere around that time a big ole line of some sort took out a neighbor hood in California. I decided to go another route!
          Easements are always listed in a title commitment, in schedule B, and detailed in schedule C. Either it was read and overlooked or not brought up, but if the transaction (when your buddy bought the land/property) involved a realtor, it would have involved a title company. You don't need a title company, but you can't get title insurance, which, in addition to protecting the buyer from any encroachments and breaks in the chain of title, also uncovers all easements and lists exceptions to the title insurance policies, in schedule B.
          Could also happen when a person inherits land and doesn't know fully what they are getting, but you said he bought it.

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
          Another Open House today. We've had a lot of traffic over the week so hopefully we can get this house back under contract by the end of the coming week.
          Hopefully the open house does more for you/your realtor than put him in front of prospective buyers who're unrepresented (but aren't there to potentially buy your house, just out kicking tires)

Good luck this week!
          Ronald Reagan:"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."

Comment

Originally posted by barronj View Post

Hopefully the open house does more for you/your realtor than put him in front of prospective buyers who're unrepresented (but aren't there to potentially buy your house, just out kicking tires)

Good luck this week!
            Amen to that, but we did have high success with the last open house. It generated three offers.

Funny thing this morning, the 1st family that dropped their contract did a very slow drive by of our house this morning. I honestly hope they reconsider. I just won't allow them any option period and demand more earnest money.

Comment

boom

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. I'm working with saws all day though, gonna be tricky.
              Ronald Reagan:"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."

Comment

Is it a good thing when your realtor texts you to not come home because someone is there weiting an offer?

*fingers crossed*

EDIT:
                Realtor said we are expecting a minimum of two offers on Monday with two more being very probably. One family wants to come back again tomorrow afternoon to show the place to their parents.
                Last edited by Sgt Beavis; 03-25-2017, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Good vibes: renewed. We're pulling for you man!

Comment

At this point would it be worth it to buy back any easements that you could, to help a future sell or buyer?

Comment

Originally posted by 4EyedTurd View Post
                      At this point would it be worth it to buy back any easements that you could, to help a future sell or buyer?
                      Absolutely, except that we don't have that kind of time.

Comment

Update Time:

As of last night we our out of the option period. W00T! We still have a termite inspection (required by the VA) and appraisal to get through but this buyer cannot back out now without choking up $3000 in earnest money. I've been keeping up on termite stuff over the last several years (regular treatments and termite detectors everywhere) so I'm not worried about that. The appraisal is slightly worrisome because we pushed the market value up for this house but my realtor is very confident we'll be OK.

My stress level on selling the house is finally subsiding a bit. Now I get to stress over moving. This is my schedule thus far:
                        April 13 - Fly to Denver for home inspection. Fly back to Denton that night.
                        April 14-16 - more packing
                        April 17 - Fly to Denver for home Demo and walk through. Fly back to Denton that night.
                        April 18 - Close on house in Denton
                        April 19 - Movers pick up our crap
                        April 20 - Drive to Amarillo (half way point to Denver)
                        April 21 - Drive to Denver.
                        April 22-23 - breath....
                        April 24 - Close on new house.
                        April 25 - movers "should" arrive with our crap...
                        April 26 - back to work.

As for the house in Denver, my realtor sent me some new pics. I'm not particularly fond of the color they went with here for the exterior. I actually liked the green primer they had on the Hardie board siding. I think I'll paint it back to green at some point.

Comment

Interesting choice if flooring....

Glad you go it sold my man, the move will hopefully come off without a hitch.

Comment

Good to hear dude! Let me know if you need anything when you get here.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                              Interesting choice if flooring....

Glad you go it sold my man, the move will hopefully come off without a hitch.
                              It's getting more popular, and less expensive. Made from recycled materials too!

Did the builder ask you on the exterior color? I'd think you could choose what you wanted?

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
                                It's getting more popular, and less expensive. Made from recycled materials too!

Did the builder ask you on the exterior color? I'd think you could choose what you wanted?
                                It's a spec house and they had already bought the paint. I tried but they weren't flexible on it.

It's OK. I've already talked to the HOA. Painting isn't going to be a big deal as long as it fits within the community, which it does.

Comment

Working...
                                X