X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
    Anthonys and naynay should get together and have stupid babies
    Originally posted by Craizie View Post
    Some men just want to watch the world burn..
    i suggest another dfws backyard fight

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
      i suggest another dfws backyard fight
      Haven't you noticed since the female division in MMA were added? Not many people want to watch two bitches fight.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
        That required 5 replies? Don't bring your libtard mess to a car post. Again, so the fuck what? I've seen cars with license plates on them that broke 170 in the 1/4. It's just not that impressive compared to 300+ in the 1/4. That's a lot like comparing an ordinary jet fighter to the sr71 and claiming the ordinary one holds some amazing speed record.
        The difference in what it takes to go 170 vs 300 is nearly eight fold. Going that fast in a production bodied car is something to take note of.
        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Wow, that fucking car was moving!
          Originally posted by Silverback
          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
            The difference in what it takes to go 170 vs 300 is nearly eight fold. Going that fast in a production bodied car is something to take note of.
            This. Air resistance increases exponentially.
            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Here are details on the build, 2500hp, 5.4L 40+ psi of boost.
              M2K Motorsports 280 mph Ford GT by Mike Kojima The Ford GT was in our opinion America's first true exotic supercar. Inspired by Ford's GT40 race cars from the 60's,…
              Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Shit I did 170 there 10 years ago and that scared the piss out of me.
                Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                  This. Air resistance increases exponentially.
                  I am guessing that it takes about 2400-2600 horsepower to go that fast in that car. Making the power is the easy part. Without having access to Fords engineering data concerning the aerodynamics of that model of car keeping the it on the ground is the hard part. I have no fucking idea how they are doing it unless Ford built it to minimize lift at 250 + mph from the get go and that is VERY hard to do without active aero aids.
                  Last edited by svauto-erotic855; 03-28-2017, 07:37 AM.
                  Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by Murph Tang View Post
                    Shit I did 170 there 10 years ago and that scared the piss out of me.
                    I kept meaning to hit that race and was getting my car ready by testing it on 190. It will hit 209mph in about 4700 ft but I am on the rev limiter in 5th at that point and the drive shaft is turning a scary 13000 or so rpm. Given how fast things have gotten I would be another "Also ran" and not a big dog anymore. I guess that I should have gotten off my ass 10 years ago.

I thought that SWs 270mph pass in his Supra was going to be the highest speed ever set out there so it shows you what I know.
                    Last edited by svauto-erotic855; 03-28-2017, 07:53 AM.

Comment

I am guessing that it takes about 2400-2600 horsepower to go that fast in that car. .
                      did you say that just because we have already said numerous times it is 2500 hp?
                      THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Originally posted by naynay View Post
                        did you say that just because we have already said numerous times it is 2500 hp?
                        Nope. I started writing my post after Yale's post on page one. I was giving an educated guess based on experience and the power numbers that I believe that I could get from a very boosted 5.4 mod engine.

Comment

I kept meaning to hit that race and was getting my car ready by testing it on 190. It will hit 209mph in about 4700 ft but I am on the rev limiter in 5th at that point and the drive shaft is turning a scary 13000 or so rpm. Given how fast things have gotten I would be another "Also ran" and not a big dog anymore. I guess that I should have gotten off my ass 10 years ago.

I thought that SWs 270mph pass in his Supra was going to be the highest speed ever set out there so it shows you what I know.
                          When I went there were just a handful of purpose built miler cars....rest were street.

Braking was the scariest part of it. It was a wake up call how hard it is to slow down a 3600lbs car at that speed. Tires were howling making the turn around still hard on the brakes.

I did two runs and put it back on the trailer.....was yep I'm done..even though I had bigger nitrous pills.

Definitely an event everyone should go do or go see.
                          Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

Comment

Originally posted by naynay View Post
                            actually quoting for prosperity
                            Man...why yall always gotta make it about the benjis?

Comment

Originally posted by Murph Tang View Post
                              When I went there were just a handful of purpose built miler cars....rest were street.

Braking was the scariest part of it. It was a wake up call how hard it is to slow down a 3600lbs car at that speed. Tires were howling making the turn around still hard on the brakes.

Definitely an event everyone should go do or go see.
                              My car is a street car that I used to run in the NHRAs import street class. It weighs in at a few pounds under 2700 and has very good brakes and very good aerodynamics that were enhanced by adding Mazda's rubber chunk kit to it. I am sure that I would have had some issues but they would have differed from yours.

Comment

Working...
                              X