No announcement yet.

sleepers 1981 zephyr lsx/th400/turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks good. Are you concerned with underhood or under the dash space with the heater? If underhood, I'd keep it and run the lines behind the strut tower into the fender.
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• Under the dash. The box is big as fuck just for the fan and heater core. Mounting all the relays etc

Trying to keep it clean and simple but at the same time don't want to take fenders off to work on shit.

I don't want to mount the relay board on the trans tunnel out in the open, but I might just to see how much I'll actually use the blower.motor.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
        Under the dash. The box is big as fuck just for the fan and heater core. Mounting all the relays etc

Trying to keep it clean and simple but at the same time don't want to take fenders off to work on shit.

I don't want to mount the relay board on the trans tunnel out in the open, but I might just to see how much I'll actually use the blower.motor.
        I fully understand. That is a lot of box to have just a heater. That is all that mine is these days too. I am sure that the boxes from your model and year are pretty much the same to my model and year.

Unless you plan on cruising it in the winter, ditch the heater.

I've thought a lot of taking my entire drive train and electronics from my convertible and putting it in a more dedicated drag car and putting the vert back to a more stock drivetrain setup. If I do that, the drag car is getting a complete gutting of all that stuff under the dash for cold side piping to an air/water intercooler.

Comment

• Heat is over rated around here.. My dash is empty.. Coil, MAP sensor, starter relay, Computer, Anderson PMS2 and most of the harness all hides under now..
          Doug

90 LX Coupe 5.0
          90 7up Vert. 5.0

Comment

• I live in nw kansas. I could use the defroster. Gets 107 plus in the summer and negatives in the winter.

That's why I'm so on the fence. In the cool Falls the heat would be nice, the summer I'm fucked anyway no ac from the factory

Comment

• Vintage Air

Comment

• Looking good!
                Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

• Comment

• Fuel system is almost complete. I need the feed line yet, and get everything mounted. i have all the fitting etc.

mounted the generic overflow bottle. id like something more custom one day.

Comment

• Making progress. Have you gotten to a punch list yet? Write what is left down in detail and then start working towards the end.

Comment

• yeah i have a white board with the things still needed and things to fix etc.

Comment

• You can rotate the water neck within the pump housing. I would keep the heater for de-frost if anything.

Engine bay looks really nice. Where did you get the felt tape?

Comment

• Tesa makes that tape.

Comment

• thats just a mock up motor etc. thats not the waterpump ill be running so injust beat it with the hammer lol. ill be running the 07 up pump thats clears.

i like the tape. Its a bitch to take off if you mess up

Comment

• Finally installing the fuel system. Hopefully I don't run out of line. Return line I've got plenty. The feed I'm worried about. Prob be 6 Inches short or some shit. Going to work on mounting ecu and relays next. I have something to fancy for a fairmont on the way.

Comment

Working...
                                X