• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok...what is a CAC?

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAN View Post
      Ok...what is a CAC?
      Oh come on now, you knowwwwwww............

(charge air cooler)
      sigpic

Comment

Lmao!

Charge Air Cooler= CAC
        Last edited by BoostedD1; 01-26-2016, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAN View Post
          Ok...what is a CAC?
          Intercooler or Charge Air Cooler..

I have a 2014 FX2 and have had no issues with the reduced power thus far. Mine is also tuned, 87 octane tow/haul. There's a noticeable difference from stock to tuned, even the 87 tune.

Lifetime MPG average is 20MPG as indicated, but I've found that number to be a bit generous when doing the math myself at the pump. It really takes a conscious effort for me to get that. If I drive with the pace of traffic, 75 to 80 I've found it to be much worse. When i use the cruise control it's also worse than driving without.

Hopes this helps your decision.

Comment

Originally posted by BoostedD1 View Post
            Lmao!

Charge Air Cooler= CAC
            I hate acronyms, LOL. People make them up daily . PTO was power take off in the old days. Has 3-4 meanings now days

Comment

www.f150ecoboost.net is a great resource.

I've got aftermarket turbos, tuner and a host of other bolt ons waiting to be installed when I find the time. I've been stockpiling parts and I'm hoping to get it all put together soon.

If you stay relatively stock, the general consensus is that a CAI is a complete waste of money on these trucks.

Other than the folks that use SSI, pretty much everyone else will tell you to steer very clear of them. Do your own research and choose wisely when it comes to tuner selection. I have not had mine tuned yet so I can't speak from personal experience, just from countless stories I've read.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
                www.f150ecoboost.net is a great resource.

I've got aftermarket turbos, tuner and a host of other bolt ons waiting to be installed when I find the time. I've been stockpiling parts and I'm hoping to get it all put together soon.

If you stay relatively stock, the general consensus is that a CAI is a complete waste of money on these trucks.

Other than the folks that use SSI, pretty much everyone else will tell you to steer very clear of them. Do your own research and choose wisely when it comes to tuner selection. I have not had mine tuned yet so I can't speak from personal experience, just from countless stories I've read.
                Very good advice. I was sold on SSI until someone out here recommended I do more research outside of forums that they control....I did exactly that and was shocked. You'll find a number of engines that they've burned down with their tunes, and left owners with no recourse whatsoever. There are others out there that will actually provide additional warranty coverage with their tunes, 5Star being one that I know of.
                70' Chevelle RagTop
                (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
                  Very good advice. I was sold on SSI until someone out here recommended I do more research outside of forums that they control....I did exactly that and was shocked. You'll find a number of engines that they've burned down with their tunes, and left owners with no recourse whatsoever. There are others out there that will actually provide additional warranty coverage with their tunes, 5Star being one that I know of.
                  The first tune I bought was a 5 star tune. It was an improvement but nothing like my SSI tune. I've read all of the BS on .net and on the FB groups and to me it's basically a group of butthurt trolls that will trash Shawn anytime they can. He hasn't done me wrong yet. I've had my SSI tune aver 50K and had no issues. To each his own though.

Comment

Cac, lol.
                    Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
                    There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Originally posted by s1lv3r View Post
                      Intercooler or Charge Air Cooler..

I have a 2014 FX2 and have had no issues with the reduced power thus far. Mine is also tuned, 87 octane tow/haul. There's a noticeable difference from stock to tuned, even the 87 tune.

Lifetime MPG average is 20MPG as indicated, but I've found that number to be a bit generous when doing the math myself at the pump. It really takes a conscious effort for me to get that. If I drive with the pace of traffic, 75 to 80 I've found it to be much worse. When i use the cruise control it's also worse than driving without.

Hopes this helps your decision.
                      Thanks for the info. Intercooler I know....LOL

Comment

So I'm looking at fx2/fx4 trucks from 2011-2014. At what mileage should I really not care about the price and just say it isn't worth it?

. I drive roughly 8-10k a year. When Is the mileage too high for these?

White / Black 2011 Ford F-150 4WD FX4 LIFTED VIN: 1FTFW1ET8BFC05339
                        4 Doors, Pickup, 3.5L 365.0hp, 6 Cylinders , Automatic Transmission
                        sigpic

Comment

I have been looking at fx2's for 6 months. Was leaning towards the 5.0 but this is turning me back to my initial thoughts. Get a twin turbo and turn that shit up. FX2 and dark silver 2013+ is what gets the pee pee to move for me. Gonna lower it in the back and possibly the front too till I get the stance I want.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                            So I'm looking at fx2/fx4 trucks from 2011-2014. At what mileage should I really not care about the price and just say it isn't worth it?

. I drive roughly 8-10k a year. When Is the mileage too high for these?

White / Black 2011 Ford F-150 4WD FX4 LIFTED VIN: 1FTFW1ET8BFC05339
                            4 Doors, Pickup, 3.5L 365.0hp, 6 Cylinders , Automatic Transmission
                            so all these guys bragging about what times they run and how much they have tuned them, and you want to buy one with high mileage?

seems about fucking retarded. if you can't buy one new, you dont need it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tremor14 View Post
                              so all these guys bragging about what times they run and how much they have tuned them, and you want to buy one with high mileage?

seems about fucking retarded. if you can't buy one new, you dont need it.
                              Some people don't have the need to drive the newest car on the block. Some prefer to buy a vehicle that is a few years old and not take that initial hit on value when buying a new car. It looks to me as if he posed a question and presented an example, like he was looking for some quality input from people more versed on the subject than he is.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
                              Originally posted by Leah
                              Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

I like that white fx4 you posted, I would buy/drive that with no hesitation for the right price. I would go with a reputable tuner and call it a day.

My 2013 was one of the first tuned by ssi, it ran great with the mild tune, but his hot tune was too extreme imo, it shifted way too hard and would pull max boost at bairly any throttle.

If I did it again I'd go with a milder, but more reputable tuner, a cat delete pipe, and call it a day. I'm now running the sct 93 tune, it's mild, makes more power than stock, gets better mileage, and is good enough for me.

Fyi, 4 wheel boosted launches, these trucks fucking scoot from a dead.
                                ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Working...
                                X