No announcement yet.

F150 3.5 ecoboost with tune ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spent some time last night reading up on Unleashed. People seem pretty happy with them. I think that's what I'll pull the trigger on today.

Now, for a 2/4 lowering kit for a 2014 rcsb.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by barronj View Post
      It's a fun tune, I don't run it though; I take my kids to school every day in that truck and people would think I was a hot head.
      The gas pedal isn't a on/off switch, just sayin'.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big A View Post
        It is when you tune the drive-by-wire to treat pedal position 0.1% to 100% as an indicator for throttle to be opened 100%!!!!!!!!!!!Junan1111juan!!!!
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by s1lv3r View Post
          Did you close(tighten) your plug gaps on the 93 tune?
          I run the recommended plugs and whatever gap the EB forums suggest. What gap should I be at?

Originally posted by Big A View Post
          Originally posted by Magnus View Post
          It is when you tune the drive-by-wire to treat pedal position 0.1% to 100% as an indicator for throttle to be opened 100%!!!!!!!!!!!Junan1111juan!!!!
          Exactly. Boost spikes almost instantly. So much so that it renders cruise control useless b/c whenever the cc applies throttle, it gets so much power that it cuts cc off, so it feels like it's surging when you drive it w/ cc on. Well, when you try. You can't drive it down the highway like that, and I use cruise all the time, so there's reason #2 I can't run this tune.
          Ronald Reagan:"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."

Comment

• Just fyi for y'all with 11+ trucks, I got the remote start oem plug and play kit for ~$120 and install took 5 minutes. Comes with a new key too, which is $100 from Ford. Just threw one on my truck last week and am loving it with these cold mornings.

Comment

• Originally posted by barronj View Post
              I run the recommended plugs and whatever gap the EB forums suggest. What gap should I be at?
              I don't know. I was looking for info myself and thought maybe you knew. All this talk about the hotter tunes has me wanting to try it out, LOL.

Comment

• Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                Now, for a 2/4 lowering kit for a 2014 rcsb.
                So yours is a Tremor then?? They were the only ones that came RCSB with the eco, correct?

Comment

• Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
                  Just fyi for y'all with 11+ trucks, I got the remote start oem plug and play kit for ~$120 and install took 5 minutes. Comes with a new key too, which is $100 from Ford. Just threw one on my truck last week and am loving it with these cold mornings.
                  I made sure it had that before hand. I loved the remote start and turbo timer way too much on my cobalt to jump to a vehicle without it.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Now that my Tremor is out of warranty, I've toyed with the idea of getting a tune and doing a few mods. Finally got rid of the shitty Pirelli Scorpion STR tires. Got almost 45k miles out of them and was glad to see them go. Replaced with Kumho Ecsta STX and so far they are worlds better than the Pirellis.

Was thinking of going with a 5 star tune, and possibly an intake and maybe down pipe.
                    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

• Trying to find a 2014 2/4 kit that includes the correct lower control arms is a bit of a pain.

That one year redesign is fucking stupid.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Check BellTech?
                        Nevermind, just did. They don't have anything for 2014...
                        "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

• The 2009-2013 kits will work if I either replace the shocks to use

'13 on the left, '14 on the right.

Basically comes down to this:

If you are trying to use 2013 suspension stuff on a 2014 this is what you need to know:

2013 lower control arms WILL swap directly into the 2014 and vice versa

2013 struts WILL swap directly into a 2014 upper mount and vice versa, but they will NOT mount in the lower control arm. This means that 2013 "strut spacer" leveling kits WILL still work.

2013 struts will NOT mount to the 2014 lower control arms.

2014 struts will NOT mount to 2013 lower control arms.

Long story short-if you want to make a 2013 design shock work you'll need 2013 lower control arms, if you want to use a 2013 design lower control arm work you'll need 2013 struts.
                          sigpic

Comment

• yep, this was a deciding factor in me just throwing shackles on my 14 fx2.

god bless.
                            It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

• Mail in order tunes are junk, get someone local who can dyno tune ecoboost engines.

Comment

• Originally posted by A_A_G View Post
                                Mail in order tunes are junk, get someone local who can dyno tune ecoboost engines.
                                Thank you for your thread contribution, but dville is not local to me.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X