Brushy Creek?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brushy Creek?

WTMF, I am wanting to get the wife some seat time on her Ace 570 and holy crap I never realized how many places were only open on the weekends.

I am down to Hidden Falls, River Run ATV and Brushy Creek. In the interest of not driving 2.5 - 3 hours this looks like my only option, well other than Slim Shady. I don't mid driving three hours, just not when I work the next day. Getting old I tell ya.

Anyone been out there? How is it? I don't want her to get bored to easy but on the flip side I am just wanting some easy break in time on it. Guy said it was dried out fairly well and around 100 acres.
    Last edited by kingjason; 06-08-2016, 05:26 PM.
    Whos your Daddy?

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
    WTMF, I am wanting to get the wife some seat time on her Ace 570 and holy crap I never realized how many places were only open on the weekends.

I am down to Hidden Falls, River Run ATV and Brushy Creek. In the interest of not driving 2.5 - 3 hours this looks like my only option, well other than Slim Shady. I don't mid driving three hours, just not when I work the next day. Getting old I tell ya.

Anyone been out there? How is it? I don't want her to get bored to easy but on the flip side I am just wanting some easy break in time on it. Guy said it was dried out fairly well and around 100 acres.
    Me and a buddy camped down there a few years ago and he rode his 4 wheeler while I rode my DRZ. It was ok. I did run into a wild hog on one of the trails but it went the other way thankfully. Its no Red River but has some decent trails and has plenty of tree cover. Hidden Falls is big but its too rocky for my liking.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
      Me and a buddy camped down there a few years ago and he rode his 4 wheeler while I rode my DRZ. It was ok. I did run into a wild hog on one of the trails but it went the other way thankfully. Its no Red River but has some decent trails and has plenty of tree cover. Hidden Falls is big but its too rocky for my liking.
      Website said they had done a lot of work also. I will report back tonight.
      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

"Cmon out the track is dry" I would actually have to give Slim Shady the nod on the MC track. It was hard pack black dirt VS hard pack sand. Wife buried the ACE within a hour. We parked next to a guy and his kids and nanny, and they were a riot. After I located the Ace she ditched in an unknown area of the park we winched it out. I drove the Ace a bit also with the guy and girl rolling around with me. I buried it once. That place might be a tad more entertaining when it dries out. I think everyone out there got lost a few times and were trying to avoid the mud holes. Overall a good time and something different. A Russian guy pulled up and was riding with us also. Funny mother fucker talking about flying over a hill at Red River and going nose done in the drink and thinking he was going to die. I'm am on vacation for two weeks starting Monday and we may give a couple of new tracks a try. My KTM does not like mud and slow speeds.

Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Only one I've been that you mentioned is hidden falls... Like what was stated it is very rocky!! Too much for my liking as well. Red river is very fun! Barnwell mountain is also nice. Crooked creek is small compared to the others, but can be fun. Would only recommend 2 wheels at crooked though as the trails are fairly narrow.

Comment

Working...
          X