BUCKS at Boyzz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
    I don't ever remember you being this critical of Romo. If anything what I do remember you is defending him to the death during some of his worst games.
    Just because you don't remember it, doesn't mean it didn't happen. I gave credit where it was due, and criticized when necessary. Unfortunately, Dallas has a lot of fans that are football ignorant. The types who would blame Romo for shit he had absolutely nothing to do with because it was the easy thing to do to make themselves seem relevant. Take Dak's first pick last week against NY. Dez slipped, and Dak put the ball right in the hands of the DB. That was in no way Dak'a fault. But if Romo had made that throw (and he has), the mouth breathers would come out of the woodwork to blast him and talk about how much he sucks.

I am fascinated by Dak, and I'm excited for his future with this team. There are just some annoyances that bother me, and that's the biggest one. I can appreciate that he takes care of the football. It's a great quality to have. It's also the polar opposite of our last QB who was a gunslinger, so it's going to take a while for me to adjust. Romo took more risk than he should have, but that risk also lead to many wins that we wouldn't have had otherwise. It also cost us some losses.

At the end of the day, this is football, and sometimes you have to gamble to win. That is true now more than ever as we head in to the playoffs. They're going to have to assume some risk to beat some of these teams. I'd feel a whole lot better knowing that he can do that when needed, but up to this point we haven't really seen any of it so it concerns me.

I've also sat in here and criticized Garrett when he is too conservative, so there is a pattern.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I don't remember it because it was few and far between. I do remember the several furious posts of yours defending him. The overwhelming majority who do not like Romo seemed to do with how inconsistent he is. One game he'd play world class, the next it was like he was in jr. varsity.

Comment

Shut the fuck up! You sound like a baby back bitch!

Comment

Romo was and in my opinion still is one of the best QB's in the NFL...its hard to be a great QB when you're running for your life because you have no protection...and that has been a problem for the Cowboys for years. I hope Romo sticks around with Dallas but I wouldn't blame him for leaving if the right offer comes in. He still has some time to play in the NFL.

Comment

They should bench Zeke and put Dmac back as lead back.

Comment

Would anybody else agree that David Irving had some Charles Haley-esque plays last night? This guy is pretty damn good.

Comment

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
                Would anybody else agree that David Irving had some Charles Haley-esque plays last night? This guy is pretty damn good.
                Reminder of better days on defense for sure. It was good to see them get some pressure on the opposing QB for a change.

Comment

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
                  The problem is that he can flash like that, then goes dead silent for weeks on end. Would be nice if he can figure out how to do that with some consistency.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                    They should bench Zeke and put Dmac back as lead back.
                    He's due for another injury. I kept thinking it would happen last Sunday night. After Zeke's performance the other night, he needs 129 yards in each of the next 2 games to break Dickerson's record.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                      The problem is that he can flash like that, then goes dead silent for weeks on end. Would be nice if he can figure out how to do that with some consistency.
                      agreed, I really hope he gets hyped up from the praise and attention and that play in the 2nd half becomes his norm going forward. When he's on, he's fucking on!

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                        Romo was and in my opinion still is one of the best QB's in the NFL...its hard to be a great QB when you're running for your life because you have no protection...and that has been a problem for the Cowboys for years. I hope Romo sticks around with Dallas but I wouldn't blame him for leaving if the right offer comes in. He still has some time to play in the NFL.
                        Perhaps that's what's needed to reboot his career. Problem is he's been seriously broken three seasons in a row and it'd be interesting if anyone would want him after that.

Comment

Houston paid an unproven Ossweiler 72M...

I think just about 25-28 of the 32 teams would replace their starting QB with Romo, tomorrow if they were given the chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                            Houston paid an unproven Ossweiler 72M...

I think just about 25-28 of the 32 teams would replace their starting QB with Romo, tomorrow if they were given the chance.
                            If you remove money from the equation, this is absolutely correct. You'd probably lose 8-10 who don't have the cap room.

Comment

The golden handcuffs situation was implied. He'll be a free agent when he's 40. Someone may be able to pick him up for a decent glue factory price then...

Comment

Working...
                              X