Michael Flynn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Flynn

Hadn't seen anything about him yet here.

It's a pretty big deal!
    THE BAD HOMBRE

You mean accountability? Yes, we know it's a new concept for the oval office.

Comment

As Joe Biden would say it's a big fucking deal.

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
        You mean accountability? Yes, we know it's a new concept for the oval office.
        go on...

accountability or duck and cover?
        THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Originally posted by naynay View Post
          go on...

accountability or duck and cover?
          This will be the only time I reply to your BS. It was nice in here with your shenanigans gone. He fucked up, and he resigned. That's a new concept for Dems.

Comment

As a Trump supporter, I'm a little dismayed by the whole situation. A political faux paus that we did not need right now, considering how polarizing the Trump Administration is at the current time both domestic and abroad. Also, I really wish Trump would deactivate/delete his twitter account.

Odd, considering the source, but this is the most accurate article I've read on the subject.

WASHINGTON (AP) — The storm over national security adviser Michael Flynn's contacts with Russia made his situation "unsustainable," prompting Flynn to resign less than a month into the new Trump administration, a top White House official said Tuesday.

Flynn's ouster appeared to be driven more by the idea that he had misled Vice President Mike Pence and other officials than by the content of his discussions with Russia's ambassador to the U.S. Still, the matter deepened questions about President Donald Trump's friendly posture toward Russia.

White House counselor Kellyanne Conway told NBC's "Today" show that Flynn "knew he'd become a lightning rod" and made the decision to resign. Conway's comments came one day after she said the president had "full confidence" in Flynn.

Flynn's resignation — which one White House official said was offered at the request of the president — came after reports that the Justice Department had alerted the White House weeks ago that there were contradictions between Trump officials' public accounting of the Russia contacts and what intelligence officials knew to be true based on routine recordings of communications with foreign officials who are in the U.S.

The revelations were another destabilizing blow to an administration that has already suffered a major legal defeat on immigration, botched the implementation of a signature policy and stumbled through a string of embarrassing public relations missteps.

White House officials haven't said when Trump was told of the Justice Department warning or why Flynn had been allowed to stay on the job with access to a full range of intelligence materials.

Pence and others, apparently relying on information from Flynn, had said the national security adviser did not discuss U.S. economic sanctions against Russia with the Russian envoy during the American presidential transition. Flynn later told officials the sanctions may have been discussed, the latest change in his account of his pre-inauguration discussions with Ambassador Sergey Kislyak.

Such conversations would breach diplomatic protocol and possibly violate the Logan Act, a law aimed at keeping private citizens from conducting U.S. diplomacy. The Justice Department had warned the White House late last month that Flynn could be at risk for blackmail because of contradictions between his public depictions of the calls and what intelligence officials.

Asked whether the president had been aware that Flynn might have planned to discuss sanctions with the Russian envoy, White House spokesman Sean Spicer said, "No, absolutely not."

House Speaker Paul Ryan said Trump made the right decision in asking Flynn to step down.

"You cannot have the national security adviser misleading the vice president and others," Ryan said.

Trump, who has been conspicuously quiet about Flynn's standing for several days, took to Twitter Tuesday morning and said the "real story here is why are there so many illegal leaks coming out of Washington?" He ignored questions about Flynn from reporters during an education event at the White House Tuesday morning.

Trump named retired Lt. Gen. Keith Kellogg as the acting national security adviser. Kellogg had previously been appointed the National Security Council chief of staff and advised Trump during the campaign. Trump is also considering former CIA Director David Petraeus and Vice Admiral Robert Harward, a U.S. Navy SEAL, for the post, according to a senior administration official.

A separate administration official said Flynn's deputy, K.T. McFarland, a former Fox News analyst, was expected to stay at the White House.

A U.S. official told The Associated Press that Flynn was in frequent contact with Kislyak on the day the Obama administration slapped sanctions on Russia for election-related hacking, as well as at other times during the transition.

The officials and two people with knowledge of the situation confirmed the Justice Department warnings on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the matter publicly.

The Washington Post was the first to report the communication between former acting attorney general Sally Yates, a holdover from the Obama administration, and the Trump White House. The Post also first reported last week that Flynn had indeed spoken about sanctions with the Russian ambassador.

Trump never voiced public support for Flynn after that initial report but continued to keep his national security adviser close. Flynn was part of Trump's daily briefing Monday and sat in on his calls with foreign leaders, as well as his discussions with visiting Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.

The Kremlin had confirmed that Flynn was in contact with Kislyak but denied that they talked about lifting sanctions. On Tuesday, Russian lawmakers mounted a fierce defense of Flynn.

Konstantin Kosachev, chairman of the foreign affairs committee at the upper chamber of the Russian parliament, said in a post on Facebook that firing a national security adviser for his contacts with Russia is "not just paranoia but something even worse." Kosachev also expressed frustration at the Trump administration:

"Either Trump hasn't found the necessary independence and he's been driven into a corner... or russophobia has permeated the new administration from top to bottom," he said.

Kosachev's counterpart at the lower chamber of the Russian parliament, Alexei Pushkov, tweeted shortly after the announcement that "it was not Flynn who was targeted but relations with Russia."

California Rep. Adam Schiff, the top Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee, said Flynn's resignation "does not end questions over his contacts with the Russians." He said the White House has yet to be forthcoming about whether Flynn was acting at the behest of the president or others.

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
              He fucked up, and he resigned. That's a new concept for Dems.
              I think he was canned/forced to resign for lying to Pence, not so much for what he actually did. Flynn definitely isn't the first member of an incoming administration to talk with foreign leaders.

I would also like to point out that General Flynn is a registered democrat. Now the other democrats are saying how untrustworthy a fellow democrat was.

Comment

I wasn't even playing the left-right card, but thanks LS1Goat, that was more in detail than anything I had found.

and juiceweezl, some people dont know it all, shocking i know, and ask questions to get more information.
                THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
                  As a Trump supporter, I'm a little dismayed by the whole situation. A political faux paus that we did not need right now, considering how polarizing the Trump Administration is at the current time both domestic and abroad. Also, I really wish Trump would deactivate/delete his twitter account.

Odd, considering the source, but this is the most accurate article I've read on the subject.
                  Are you sure his administration is polarizing, or just the BS from the MSM?
                  sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                  17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                  13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                  86 SVO - Sold
                  '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                  01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                  65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

well hell yeah they are polarizing, look whats happened in our country and around the world in the last year.

and agreed 100% he does not need to use his personal twitter. he needs to take over the @POTUS handle and only use it for official purposes.
                    THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Trump was in office a year ago?

Nanus, you are still a gullible, stupid idiot.
                      sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                      17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                      13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                      86 SVO - Sold
                      '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                      01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                      65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

nevermind, i just saw that he has taken that one over, which i do follow. damn that guy tweets all day every day.
                        THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
                          Trump was in office a year ago?

Nanus, you are still a gullible, stupid idiot.
                          no, but there has been a divide since the elections.

it was polarizing to watch him monkey thump all of his competition and election night was polarizing. i'm not here to argue, why you mad bro?
                          THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

no, but there has been a divide since the elections.

it was polarizing to watch him monkey thump all of his competition and election night was polarizing. i'm not here to argue, why you mad bro?
                            Sensible chuckle.

Comment

well hell yeah they are polarizing, look whats happened in our country and around the world in the last year.

and agreed 100% he does not need to use his personal twitter. he needs to take over the @POTUS handle and only use it for official purposes.
                              he's only been president for a month.
                              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Working...
                              X