Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone here qualified to build me a basic server?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone here qualified to build me a basic server?

I scoured the "hook up" thread but most of the posts are years old so I figured I'd ping this subforum.

I operate a small drafting service out of my house and I need to upgrade to a legit, but basic, server. I have 10-12 draftsmen working for me at any given time and would like them to have remote access. No massive storage requirements - I currently use 3 TB or less of space. I'll give more details if anyone bites.

Who here can handle this? Or who knows someone that can?

Pm abex
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
      Pm abex
      I saw his file server thread and figured he might be someone I should contact.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
        I scoured the "hook up" thread but most of the posts are years old so I figured I'd ping this subforum.

I operate a small drafting service out of my house and I need to upgrade to a legit, but basic, server. I have 10-12 draftsmen working for me at any given time and would like them to have remote access. No massive storage requirements - I currently use 3 TB or less of space. I'll give more details if anyone bites.

Who here can handle this? Or who knows someone that can?

That many people connecting remotely into your location could use up a ton of bandwidth. Might help to give more details on what you have currently set up and/or what tools/applications they will need to use/access to do the work. Might also consider cloud storage solutions if you factor in space, backups, and bandwidth needs.

2013 F150 STX Supercab 5.0L w/3.55 LSD
        1990 GT Convertible

Comment

Just a file server? No need to have someone build it, just buy an NAS or rent some cheap space from somewhere. Having someone build it would just create an unnecessary cost for you.

WH

Comment

Working...
          X