Looking for oil pan bolts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for oil pan bolts

Does anyone know where I can find ARP oil pan bolts for my 94 Lightning? I really don't have time for shipping right now

AND!....I need to repair one of the bolt holes with a heli-coil. I'd post this in the tech section but I need the exposure in hopes of finding the bolts.

Maybe I'm just being cheap, but you shouldn't need them to be arp. Maybe I'm just use to cheap stamped pans, but shouldn't it just be 8ft lbs per bolt. I don't see a particular advantage to arp

Comment

It very well could be 8ft lbs...unfortunately the info I was given said 15 ft lbs. If that's the case though then I could just buy the Dorman stuff and save $35 bucks.

Comment

I can check tonite when I get home. I had a set at one time, I'm pretty sure I at least have a set of stock bolts.

Comment

Go to Home Depot, buy a handful of half-inch long 1/4-20 bolts. Voila.

I'm 99% sure O'Reillys can get ARP bolts same-day.
          When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

I might have a whole set leftover from my replacement pan. I'll dig around this weekend and let you know.

I'm in Hurst, so that might be a deal breaker.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
              Go to Home Depot, buy a handful of half-inch long 1/4-20 bolts. Voila.

I'm 99% sure O'Reillys can get ARP bolts same-day.
              Go to Tractor Supply and get grade 8 bolts by the pound.... $3 and your done.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                Go to Home Depot, buy a handful of half-inch long 1/4-20 bolts. Voila...
                I'm pretty sure all of mine are stretched. I took one of them to O'Reilly's to get the helicoil kit and it would thread a little into their fitment tool. It fit the 1/4-20 the best so that's the one I got. I'm glad I got the correct one.

Originally posted by Blackpony View Post
                I can check tonite when I get home. I had a set at one time, I'm pretty sure I at least have a set of stock bolts.
                Thanks man, let me know.

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                I might have a whole set leftover from my replacement pan. I'll dig around this weekend and let you know.

I'm in Hurst, so that might be a deal breaker.
                Thanks for the offer...Hurst would be a drive though. I'll just get grade 8 bolts if Blackpony doesn't have any.

Originally posted by slowturbocar View Post
                Go to Tractor Supply and get grade 8 bolts by the pound.... $3 and your done.
                thanks, it may come to this and just paint the bolts.

Comment

Yall torque wrench them? Lol

Comment

Btw you were correct on the 15 lbs rating.

And yes I use a hand bit driver to tighten the pan bolts to the block and go back over them with a torque wrench inside to out in the correct torque setting. Shit gets real when you have to drop the engine subframe to get the pan

Comment

Originally posted by orphan Shelby View Post
                      Like!

Comment

Originally posted by orphan Shelby View Post
                        Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
                        Like!
                        Yall use the calibrated hand too huh?

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
                          I'm pretty sure all of mine are stretched. I took one of them to O'Reilly's to get the helicoil kit and it would thread a little into their fitment tool. It fit the 1/4-20 the best so that's the one I got. I'm glad I got the correct one.

Thanks man, let me know.

Thanks for the offer...Hurst would be a drive though. I'll just get grade 8 bolts if Blackpony doesn't have any.

thanks, it may come to this and just paint the bolts.

Ok so I have a compete arp set for pans without the rail support. Or I have an almost complete set of stock bolts for a pan with rail support. Your welcome to either set if you need them. I'll be home most of the day tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackpony View Post
                            Ok so I have a compete arp set for pans without the rail support. Or I have an almost complete set of stock bolts for a pan with rail support. Your welcome to either set if you need them. I'll be home most of the day tomorrow.
                            Hell yeah man! How much do you want for the ARP without rail support? I'll shoot you a PM with my number.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                              Yall use the calibrated hand too huh?
                              18v drill with clutch set on 7. Run them up till it clicks.
                              Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Working...
                              X