No announcement yet.

Obamacare aka ACA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've always thought you can tell how things are going by observing who is upset the most. If it makes you kinda feel good inside, things are generally going your way.

Comment

Originally posted by sc281 View Post
      I'm only speaking for me:

This dem/repub bullshit is fucking killing our country.

My loyalties are not towards dems or republicans. They are to anyone that is working to rebuild this country.
      Right now, the only somebody is Trump.

Trump isn't an idealogue, attached to a set of beliefs a party holds. He has an R by his name, but holds a bunch of "liberal" views.

He's a pragmatist, and that's why shit is getting done through his exec orders and cabinet and other picks.

He's hated by both the liberals AND the republican establishment. I'm uncertain as to which hates him more. He's hated BECAUSE he is getting shit done and showing them to be a bunch of fucktards. See this god damned monstrosity of a healthcare bill as proof of fucktardation.

Seeing as I hate both the liberals AND the republican establishment, and uncertain as to which I hate more, I've put my money on the guy doing shit and pissing them both the fuck off.

I don't think I'm alone in this.

If you do a little research, you might feel similar.
      Cheers!

Comment

It needed to fucking die.

Put something up that will fix the problem or if not able to, let Obamacare ride until it implodes and fix the problem then when you have a mandate from the people being pissed the fuck off.

This mealy-mouth half-assed stall and surrender bullshit is why the establishment repubs got btfo in the primaries. They only know how to lose.

They better grow a fucking spine and start fixing problems, or it'll be a dem in their seats in 2018.
        What the hell.....I can't believe that I am agreeing with this. PERFECTLY said. Bravo.

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
          We need to go back to the old system..some people just dont have insurance. I like the idea that its available to people who dont qualify through their employer, but we shouldnt subsidize.

Most people think Im an asshole, but no money no service. Healthcare is NOT a right.
          I completely agree!! Open the borders and allow providers to cross state lines. Can't afford insurance, get a better job... People wanna say, "how would you like it if your grandparents were dropped?" Then I as a family member help them pay for it like I am already doing. Insurance is for I case shit happens. Not "oh I have diabetes let me go get insurance so they can pay for the dr bills and medication".. The problem is people abusing it and causing the issues we now have.

Comment

so winning or nah?

before anyone asks i have a spliff lit up and a 24oz. heineken.

back to the OP tho.
            THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

I'm only speaking for me:

This dem/repub bullshit is fucking killing our country.
              A lot of people agree. The sad part is that far too many have fallen for the current party system and blindly back on side or the other. I wish they'd take the D and R off the ballots.

Comment

It needed to fucking die.

Put something up that will fix the problem or if not able to, let Obamacare ride until it implodes and fix the problem then when you have a mandate from the people being pissed the fuck off.

This mealy-mouth half-assed stall and surrender bullshit is why the establishment repubs got btfo in the primaries. They only know how to lose.

They better grow a fucking spine and start fixing problems, or it'll be a dem in their seats in 2018.

I'd like to know what the real problem is. I'd like to know how this whole healthcare debacle, can be torn out at the root. So it can't ever return. So we never have to hear about "healthcare" again. So what is the actual cause of all this uproar? Well its got to be the costs. If it wasn't that, nobody would care. If we got the same healthcare that we're all used to, at a price that people could afford, then we wouldn't be having this conversation.

So what is the cause of these extreme costs? Frivolous lawsuits? Doctors being paid too much? What is the root cause of the super high costs? Well there is probably more than one cause. One of them is obviously the lawsuits, and another are illegals. Another is something I'm aware of called "emtala". It says that nobody who declares an emergency medical situation, can ever be turned away from the ER. So if an illegal comes in and wants to be seen in an ER for their spawn having a runny nose, they can't be turned away. They'll get a room, and a nurse's and a doctor's attention. That shit ain't free, and the hospital will never get any lost money from that back.

Its against the law to say "Its not that bad, and you shouldn't have come here". I could walk in there with a hangnail and they'd have to see me. And on top of that, I've got no obligation to pay. Not really. How are they going to make me pay? Put it on my credit? We all know how much some people care about their credit. They can't make me pay shit. They've got to render their service for whatever it is that I bring in there, and they can't make me pay shit.

So how about wage garnishment?
                WH

Comment

Lawsuits and uninsured are not what have broken our medical system. Unchecked costs in what amount to monopolies, inefficient and complex insurance business practices, onerous admin processes, and out of control drug costs.

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                    I'd like to know what the real problem is. I'd like to know how this whole healthcare debacle, can be torn out at the root. So it can't ever return. So we never have to hear about "healthcare" again. So what is the actual cause of all this uproar? Well its got to be the costs. If it wasn't that, nobody would care. If we got the same healthcare that we're all used to, at a price that people could afford, then we wouldn't be having this conversation.

So what is the cause of these extreme costs? Frivolous lawsuits? Doctors being paid too much? What is the root cause of the super high costs? Well there is probably more than one cause. One of them is obviously the lawsuits, and another are illegals. Another is something I'm aware of called "emtala". It says that nobody who declares an emergency medical situation, can ever be turned away from the ER. So if an illegal comes in and wants to be seen in an ER for their spawn having a runny nose, they can't be turned away. They'll get a room, and a nurse's and a doctor's attention. That shit ain't free, and the hospital will never get any lost money from that back.

Its against the law to say "Its not that bad, and you shouldn't have come here". I could walk in there with a hangnail and they'd have to see me. And on top of that, I've got no obligation to pay. Not really. How are they going to make me pay? Put it on my credit? We all know how much some people care about their credit. They can't make me pay shit. They've got to render their service for whatever it is that I bring in there, and they can't make me pay shit.

So how about wage garnishment?
                    You've kinda hit the nail on the head right there. I'm happy the bill failed but it's for the same reasons I dislike Obamacare. It did NOTHING to address rising costs. Cost containment was never a goal of the ACA or AHCA. The ACA simply spreads the costs around over more people while the AHCA returned much of that cost back to the individual.

I've only heard one politician have a decent idea on reducing cost and that was Jen Bush when he said he wanted to mandate a living will for anyone over 60. We spend billions in maintaining life support or resuscitating the elderly that are ready to move on. We do that, in part, because their family members don't want to let go and there is no DNR order in place. Jen wanted everyone to simply make a decision whether or not they wanted an DNR order. It's a pretty easy decision for most people that it was projected that it alone could save over a billion a year.

IMO what we need to do now is to setup a blue ribbon commission of experts in all medical fields from basic services, to nurses, to doctors, and even insurance execs. Have them create a report that ONLY lists the causes of our high healthcare costs. They shouldn't offer solutions at all because that just gets too much into the politics of the matter. Just say, item x costs y dollars because of z reasons. Then MAYBE we can have an honest discussion on how to address it.

Comment

trump just drained part of the swamp. he knew exactly what he was doing . paul ryan just hung himself . he put up a romney/ryan bill that was no different from romney/obamacare . fucking rino needs to go.

Comment

Obamacare is not going to stay viable is its present condition as all the insurance companies are pulling out. It's in a death spiral on its own. The hospitals are not able to recoup their cost under Obamacare. There used to be a clause in Ocare: the federal government would reimburse hospitals the difference between what the Oc insurance companies would pay and the base cost of care--given the ins. payment did NOT cover the base cost of care. For instance, if the profit-generating bandaid was $10, and the base cost of it was $6, and the obamacare ins company would pay $4, the govt. would pay the difference, $2. Once this was clause was stripped away, hospitals like Baylor lost hundreds of millions in 'gap reimbursements' and can no longer accept the insurance. Big insurances companies like Aetna and Blue Cross also lost huge sums because mandatory compulsory insurance, and no gap allotment, meant the sickest people burdened the system at way higher rates than ever expected by all players. Before Ocare these were the uninsured, the previously diagnosed crowd, the sickest. And their numbers were huge.

Now this is what gets me, when Romney ran against Obama, it was bullshit the way NO ONE ever discussed Obamacare in truth, like I've just spelled out, during the debates. Politicians should not regulate systems they can't even speak truthfully about. The misinformation given to the public becomes a false basis for the public's opinion to ever be created on.

Inho fundamental issues that could be resolved immediately requiring no big overhaul bill are-- doctors malpractice premiums...why so expensive? BECAUSE Lawsuits which amount in exorbitant insurance payouts, that's why. Fix that.
                        Number 2. Drugs. Why can we buy American-developed drugs cheaper in Canada than we can here? BECAUSE Americans are charged the R&D upcharge, that's why. Backwards, huh? But hey, Canada has such a great system, we pay for them, too! That is why we are banned from buying Canadian. Fix that.
                        2 simple fixes, see the effects, go from there. Let's slowly and steadily change healthcare, measuring the results as we go. Obama care is dying on its own.

Comment

Before you balk at the idea of an 'upcharge on a bandaid' from my previous post, remember, a hospital is a business. God willing, that industry remains privatized.
                          Also, as far as turning uninsured people away at the ER. A hospital absolutely can and they do. In a true emergency, a hospital must only stabilize a patient, then they can be transferred to an indigent facility ie Parkland.

Comment

Comment

Comment

who is Bill Mitchell?? and also sc281 whats your twitter? i wanna follow you.

i am @iRod_nano
                                THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Working...
                                X