Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Checking pushrod length

I need some direction here gents...

I'm in the process of putting my engine together. I'm to the point of installing the rocker arms and wanted to check if the pushrods I have will still work. I've seen the process mentioned a few times but it wasn't relevant at the time so I didn't save the info. Anyway, the only thing that has changed is new head gaskets and valve springs and I had the heads freshened up. I did not have the heads milled but I do know that he cleaned the surface pretty good as there is no sign of gasket material. Does anyone know if that usually makes any difference? The top of the valve stems also been cleaned.

Here's what I'm working with...

Stock GT40 heads
    Cobra 1.72 roller rockers and roller lifters
    Comp Cams 7.550 push rods

I guess my question is this... What is the process to check your pushrod length? I think we have to bleed the lifters, torque the rockers but is this with #1 TDC? Is there a cylinder order? Is this with both valves closed?

Any advise will be greatly appreciated

You tube has a bunch of videos. Way to much to type. More than likely you won't have to change anything as you haven't moved much. That is if you were using the 7.55 pushrods already.

Just need an adjustable pushrod and a solid lifter. I will check how long mine is. If you want to use it your more than welcome.

Comment

dang it...I forgot about the solid lifter.

Comment

You will also need checker springs.

Comment

Take an old hydraulic lifter, take it apart to fill it up with washers
          to make your own "solid" lifter..

Comment

Working...
          X