• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DoesSpeedTurnUon View Post
    I felt like I was eating my own Q.
    Really? You should open a restaurant!

Comment

• Originally posted by BradM View Post
      True Story. That's not the first time i've heard that either. I actually do catering - http://high5bbq.com
      I build websites. PM me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
        Man this list is wildly different than mine. You like your meat a little plain I take it?

Big daddy's and Marshall's were terrible any time I've been. Hard 8 would be in the top quarter of my list, with Hutchins nearing the top (during lunch hour). Salt luck would be up there too...Rudy's is great for what it is...but nothing amazing and their sauce sucks. I can't remember the name, but there was a place in Houston that almost got a 10 on your scale.

Edit: Marshall's is the only place I've struggled to finish the brisket simply because there was just no taste.
        I like my brisket to taste like brisket with salt and pepper and smoke. I don't want crazy rubs on brisket. I like my ribs to be tender, smokey, have no silverskin, and a decent rub on them, that doesn't overpower the flavor of the pork. I could care less about sauce at all, but I don't mind a good semi sweet sauce with some heat. I also like good homemade sides that don't taste like they came out of a plastic bucket or can.

Also, I never judge a BBQ place unless I go between 11am and noon. Any other time of day is hit or miss depending on the hold over of the meat.

Comment

• yea when we went during the week it was 11am and already a line out the door. I was going to try and go later in the day to avoid the rush

Comment

• Originally posted by BradM View Post
            Originally posted by DoesSpeedTurnUon View Post
            True Story. That's not the first time i've heard that either. I actually do catering - http://high5bbq.com
            B-rad......you my boy.... but a BOOSH is a BOOSH nigga!!!!!!!!!!

god bless.
            It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

• Tried Hutchins for the first time and it's amazing! Did the $18 all you can eat so I could try everything. Everything they have was incredible, don't know if I'll go anywhere else now knowing how good that place is, it would be hard to top them.

Comment

• Originally posted by ftp View Post
                Tried Hutchins for the first time and it's amazing! Did the $18 all you can eat so I could try everything. Everything they have was incredible, don't know if I'll go anywhere else now knowing how good that place is, it would be hard to top them.
                Hutchins is on my list too. $18 for everything is cheap. Try Pecan Lodge though.
                I build websites. PM me.

Comment

• I was SHOCKED at how good the bbq is at this place.

Rustic-style hangout offering traditional barbecue options, a bar area & live music on the patio.

I never expected to find that in the middle of North Richland Hills, that's for sure. I could have typed all this up, but Matt already did it for me:
                  Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                  I like my brisket to taste like brisket with salt and pepper and smoke. I don't want crazy rubs on brisket. I like my ribs to be tender, smokey, have no silverskin, and a decent rub on them, that doesn't overpower the flavor of the pork. I could care less about sauce at all, but I don't mind a good semi sweet sauce with some heat. I also like good homemade sides that don't taste like they came out of a plastic bucket or can.
                  That's a perfect description of the lean brisket and pork ribs I had. My gf had the brisket taco salad. One of you real BBQ'ists should try this place out and see if you agree.
                  When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

• I JUSTO drove past that place 5 min ago. Maybe I'll stop by for dinner. ^^^^^^
                    I build websites. PM me.

Comment

• Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                      That's a perfect description of the lean brisket and pork ribs I had.

Put that skirt back in the closet, Danny!
                      Originally posted by BradM
                      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                      Originally posted by Leah
                      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

• Is Odoms any good? Buddy of mine says people have told him they have pretty good bbq.
                        Originally posted by talisman
                        I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                        Originally posted by AdamLX
                        If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
                        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                        Because fuck you, that's why
                        Originally posted by 80coupe
                        nice dick, Idrivea4banger
                        Originally posted by Rick Modena
                        ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
                        Originally posted by Jester
                        Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

• Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                          Put that skirt back in the closet, Danny!
                          LOL. I actually love most places "moist" 'Q. But honestly, I ordered that first and it was nearly pure fat. The "dry" brisket had plenty of fat and flavor for me.
                          When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

• I had the best ribs in my life at Phil's in San Diego last week. If anyone ever visits SoCal, go check 'em out. http://www.philsbbq.net/

Comment

• Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                              "moist"
                              That's such a repulsive word...
                              Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
                              Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
                              Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
                              You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leah View Post
                                That's such a repulsive word...
                                What the fuck is the deal with women and the word moist?
                                Originally posted by BradM
                                But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                                Originally posted by Leah
                                In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Working...
                                X