Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heads rebuilt/inspected In DFW???

So I know this probably isn't the section or even the board to ask this on:

I need a recommendation for a shop that can inspect and probably rebuild a set of heads from a 351W.

My office is off of 35E/Regal and house is in NRH so close to either of those two would be helpful.

Thanks!

Trey

Arlington machine did mine when I bent all my valves, good place too.

Comment

Found an old thread on here that listed City Motor Supply and Blaines for the service as well..

Comment

City does decent work. They have good equipment. I've used them a lot and rarely had an issue.
        If you need "performance" work, check out Metroplex Machine in Balch Springs. Rick know's what he's doing. He has built more than a few engines for me and always been top notch.

Comment

Are these stock heads or aftermarket?

If they're stock and you feel like taking a detour down loop 12 into Grand Prairie, I have been using Cylinderhead International for years. I have always been satisfied with their work and prices.

$150 exchange for stock 351w heads.

Comment

The heads are from a GT40 :2000 Model PCM (pleasure craft marine) 351w.

It has the GT40 heads and intake on it with Multiport EFI. I want to get the heads checked out to see if they survived a freeze that the block did not; to see if I need a short block or a long block.

Bought an Air Nautique that had seen some serious neglect but it was cheeeeap.

Comment

Originally posted by Treybiz View Post
              The heads are from a GT40 :2000 Model PCM (pleasure craft marine) 351w.

It has the GT40 heads and intake on it with Multiport EFI. I want to get the heads checked out to see if they survived a freeze that the block did not; to see if I need a short block or a long block.

Bought an Air Nautique that had seen some serious neglect but it was cheeeeap.
              like 3k cheap off craigslist?
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                like 3k cheap off craigslist?
                Just slightly less than that but, yes... See it on there?

Comment

Pics of boat?

Comment

Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
                    Pics of boat?
                    I'll post some in a minute... It ain't purty.... Yet

Comment

Just slightly less than that but, yes... See it on there?
                      yeah, it looked like a pretty solid deal, I was tempted to go take a look at it myself. I bought skis instead.
                      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I'll post some in a minute... It ain't purty.... Yet
                        It's all good. Just a nautique fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                          yeah, it looked like a pretty solid deal, I was tempted to go take a look at it myself. I bought skis instead.
                          It was and wasn't... If you planned to buy it and have someone else do the work to restore you would probably be in it for what a clean one of that vintage sells for as it is. Granted, it would probably all be fresh stuff as opposed to stuff with 800+ hours on it but, for some reason (with the obvious exception of this one) people really seem to care for nautiques.

When I picked it up it was filthly.. Like sat under a tree for the last 2 years with no cover filthy. The vinyl looked toast and the gel coat like hammered shit. But, everything was there and the hull was solid with the exception of some scars by one bunk and the bow roller. I got 2 full giant black trash bags of leaves out of the damn thing.

It's a project and I'm in no giant hurry. I should be able to do 95% of everything it needs myself. My goal is 6-8 months.

Comment

Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
                            It's all good. Just a nautique fan.
                            Me as well.

I bought and restored a 1995 Prostar 190 in college and absolutely loved it but, I really just did it to flip and needed the money so I only had it on the water myself twice. I've had a couple bass boats and currently have a wellcraft I/O that is serving us well. But, I've always loved the early 00's Nautique wake boats and wanted to find one. I had no desire to finance a newer one and was leery of plunking down 15-25k for a used one. I like projects like this, know my way around a boat, and will know every square inch of this thing when I'm done. Something to be said for replacing/repairing everything yourself.

Comment

That's gonna be a damn good boat! Do like!

Comment

Working...
                              X