• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm seeing nothing beyond 2230 last night
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by no4njnk View Post
      I am hearing they are out but not confirmed. 18 hours, 1 kia 2 wia
      What I read said that is what got out but they left the spec ops behind. That's who was pinned in and surrounded.

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
        Does anyone have any info as an update on this? I am finding nothing
        More than a dozen U.S. Army special operations soldiers and a rescue helicopter flight crew are "securing the crash site in Marjah, Afghanistan, taking cover in a compound surrounded by enemy fire and hostile Taliban fighters after a U.S. special operation solider was killed earlier in the day, senior U.S. defense officials told Fox News late Tuesday.

It's not over. The initial group is gone but there is a QRF on the ground still.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
          http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/01...ghanistan.html

It's not over. The initial group is gone but there is a QRF on the ground still.

Hopefully the AC130 crew can wreck some shit
          Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
          It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

We aren't going to get the entire story. There is some reason they have a QRF guarding a helicopter under hostile fire. A drone with some hellfires could have taken it out, it's not like they are going to repair it.

Comment

it was 19th group attached to 3rd group. just saw an article posted on sofrep. says they got left with their dicks in their hands on Marjah. more information later

edited: was 19th
              Last edited by KBScobravert; 01-06-2016, 12:27 PM.
              Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                We aren't going to get the entire story. There is some reason they have a QRF guarding a helicopter under hostile fire. A drone with some hellfires could have taken it out, it's not like they are going to repair it.
                Same reason they took time with the chopper with Bin Laden. High tech bird with high tech gear that cannot be abandoned. If you don't have thermite with you, you have to destroy it the hard way while under attack

Comment

Is Obama writing the 13 Hours Sequel?

Comment

This is why we need a man like Colonel West as president. These guys would have been out by now because West would have ordered the area leveled.

Comment

Same reason they took time with the chopper with Bin Laden. High tech bird with high tech gear that cannot be abandoned. If you don't have thermite with you, you have to destroy it the hard way while under attack
                      You'd need a shit load of thermite to destroy an entire helo.

Comment

Still down, no help until night time.

http://sofrep.com/45772/special-forc...h-afghanistan/

It took so long to launch the Quick Reaction Force (QRF) to help out Green Berets pinned down and under fire in Marjah, Afghanistan that it would have been faster to deploy a team from another continent rather than wait for the theater commanders in Afghanistan to let a nearby Special Forces team go to help their team mates.

With a team from 19th Special Forces Group attached to 3rd Special Forces Group surrounded and under fire in Marjah, Afghanistan their QRF should have been launched far sooner. It wasn’t the fault of the actual soldiers, who were standing by and ready to go, but command would not let them leave their base, insisting that they wait for the next period of darkness before a team from 19th Special Forces Group was able to drive in and conduct a off-set infil to support their fellow Green Berets.

The 19th Group Team was there as part of a broader effort to re-take Marjah from the Taliban, and was coordinated with local Afghan units which were clearing adjacent valleys. Once pinned down, one team member was killed, another seriously injured. A Special Forces medic (18D) worked on the casualty for 12-hours, keeping him alive while receiving enemy fire. The casualty, “was alert and oriented” by the time he was finally evacuated according to one SOFREP source. The Department of Defense has not yet released the name of the soldier who was killed in action.

Worse yet, command would not authorize fire support from a circling AC-130 gunship due to fears of collateral damage.
                        Recent events such as the hospital bombing in Kunduz probably resonate at command levels, but perhaps they should have been thinking more about another recent event, Benghazi, since their men on the ground faced the threat of being overrun. Eventually, the command allowed AC-130 to fire a whopping two 40mm rounds into an open field a weak show of force to the Taliban.

3rd Group Green Berets have often complained about the leadership failures experienced while in theater in Afghanistan. Part of the problem is that they end up working for NATO Special Operations Component Command – Afghanistan (NSOCC-A). “We have so many fucking Generals that don’t do shit,” one Special Forces soldier said in disgust. “Every base I go to I trip over 50 majors, 30 LTCs, and see 6 Generals.” Entire advisory teams and separate military commands are invented in Afghanistan simply so that officers can be deployed and hold a “command” which will get them promoted.

One spot of good news is that the Afghan Local Police (ALP), Afghan National Army (ANA) Special Forces, and Afghan Commandos have turned out to be strong allies in fighting the Taliban. “They are really doing their job…but you won’t read that in the news,” a Green Beret told SOFREP.

Comment

What a (sadly) typical bunch of bullshit. SOCOM is so retardly brass-heavy, it's a miracle that anything ever gets done. That last paragraph is one small good point in all of this. Glad to see those guys finally coming around, even if only a little.
                          "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

It's about time to clear out the command structure.

Comment

It's about time to clear out the command structure.
                              Pop a MK26 through the old tent flap?
                              "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
                                Pop a MK26 through the old tent flap?
                                I was thinking a Mk19 but either way.

Comment

Working...
                                X