2018 Altima out of gas then won't start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 Altima out of gas then won't start

Anybody know about cars around here? My wife brought her car home on fumes. Parked overnight in the driveway with a small amount of grade. I thought that maybe the battery was dead because it wouldn't start. Charged the battery and it still wouldn't start, added gas, no start. I can't prime the fuel pump because it is a push button start.

Any ideas? Remember to dumb down your answers. I'm dumb as shit.

Manual still in the glove box? I'd start there. Answer is probably in there. They'd know this would happen to people
    WH

Comment

Comment

My guess is the fuel pump is dead, I’ve had it happen to me before as well ran out of gas, needed a new fuel pump.
        Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

I added 5 more gallons of gas and it fired up. Ain't got no gas in it. MmmHmm. I'm fixing shit! I'll have all those mechanic jobs now!

Comment

Have you tried hitting her?

Comment

mechanicing so hard bro!

Comment

Running out of gas is bad on the fuel pump!

Comment

Just so everyone knows, I beat her ass with the 1996 A-L yellow pages.

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                    Just so everyone knows, I beat her ass with the 1996 A-L yellow pages.
                    Did you rip em in half afterward with your bare hands?

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                      Did you rip em in half afterward with your bare hands?
                      Fuck'n A right I did. Then I flexed hard and you couldn't see a single muscle.

Comment

A+ thread, would read again.

Comment

I never take vehicle below a 1/4 tank of gas. The gas is a coolant for the fuel pump. I usually fill up right at a quarter tank.

Comment

Originally posted by white trash wagon View Post
                            I never take vehicle below a 1/4 tank of gas. The gas is a coolant for the fuel pump. I usually fill up right at a quarter tank.
                            My wife thinks that as long as the fuel estimator shows at least 1 mile to go that she has gas in the car.

Comment

my gf used to take it as a challenge when the car said 0 miles til E

Comment

Working...
                              X