Chili's Builds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chili's Builds

Need a spot for my Van as well as a new project... Which will need a good amount of work to get it where I want it!

This was my first car.. I sold it to my brother, he had it for some 15+ years until he died, it sat in a field for a few more years, and my father pulled it out and got the title straight, and got it running..

If everything goes right, I'll be going to pick it up in about a month..
    Attached Files

That's fucking awesome! your emotional attachment to that thing must be through the roof. I can't wait to see your progress.

Comment

fuck yeah.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Awesome.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
        2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Dig the shit outta that. What's the plan for drivetrain?

Comment

That thing is awesome. looks cool but not so nice you cant drive the shit out of it.
            Half of history is hiding the past.

Comment

No definite plans yet, but I'm thinking roadkill style restomod, lsx, 6 speed, ac.. but leaving the exterior/body for last.. the body condition is ugly as shit, but i love the junkyard dog look.. Very menacing!

My dad says it's a 50 footer.. lol

I'll probably just replace what's needed, initially, and cruise it. My dad just had my uncle put in some new buckets and reupholster everything, and just put in a new tilt column (it still had the old 3 speed column even though it's got 4 on the floor now).

Oh, it essentially just has dumps, so will definitely want to run exhaust asap, also third gear is apparently having some issue, so that'll need to be addressed. I see it's developed a good amount of rust since I had it (1994).. And has at least two coats of shitty paint over the Earl Shives paint job I had on it..

I'm pretty stoked!
              Last edited by Chili; 09-24-2019, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                That's fucking awesome! your emotional attachment to that thing must be through the roof. I can't wait to see your progress.
                There's definitely a whole lot that comes along with this..

1. My brother never actually paid me for the car, which eventually led to us not speaking for over 10 years, and we had not reconciled prior to his death. I last saw / spoke to him in 1999.

2. I bought the car from our second cousin, who had owned it for quite a while, so it's been in the family most of it's life.

3. I bought it with the money I made from my Army Basic Training.

4. My dad found it last year and jumped through a million hoops to get it titled properly in his name. At which time, he sent me a letter with a check for the amount that my brother never paid me.

He offered the car to me last year but I declined, as I really didn't have the place for it, or the money or time to put into it, but at least some of that is changing.

Comment

Anyone want to take a week long road trip to WA with me to pick this up? I also want to film the whole thing for a possible documentary about the trip, and could use help setting up cameras, taking video, flying a drone, uploading raw footage. I'll cover meals in exchange!

Unfortunately, Lea can't go due to work..

Looking at late October, driving and sleeping in the van.. 6-7 days..

Comment

That's pretty badass man. Not much I wouldn't do for the opportunity to get my first car back. I still have the VIN memorized in case I ever win the lottery. If anyone sees a midnight blue 77 Z28 running around Houston, let me know!
                    Justin

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                      Anyone want to take a week long road trip to WA with me to pick this up? I also want to film the whole thing for a possible documentary about the trip, and could use help setting up cameras, taking video, flying a drone, uploading raw footage. I'll cover meals in exchange!

Unfortunately, Lea can't go due to work..

Looking at late October, driving and sleeping in the van.. 6-7 days..
                      Sounds like something I'd really like to do. But I'm pretty sure the wife would kill me.

Comment

That is badass!

I think you’re right to deprioritize the cosmetic stuff. Who cares if it’s rough? I sure wouldn’t.

I would be tempted to make it into the Death Proof car, but it looks like you were rocking that look before the movie, so you should probably leave it alone. The scoop is rad too.

Comment

I'm with Blake, don't touch that breather hood!

Comment

Sounds like something I'd really like to do. But I'm pretty sure the wife would kill me.
                            I'll be honest, I was actually thinking of you.. What about if there was (a little) compensation? Cash or bartering for some wood working project (something for the wife, or house)? PM if you think there's a shot..

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                            That is badass!

I think you’re right to deprioritize the cosmetic stuff. Who cares if it’s rough? I sure wouldn’t.

I would be tempted to make it into the Death Proof car, but it looks like you were rocking that look before the movie, so you should probably leave it alone. The scoop is rad too.
                            Thanks! Yeah, this is an earned look too, and is very much in fitting with my brother.. He was essentially an outlaw biker, for real (unfortunately).

I'm with Blake, don't touch that breather hood!
                            That's probably my favorite part of the look, and what would probably keep me from wanting to LS swap it. I'd have to recreate that in some way.

Comment

Does it have a dual quad on it?
                              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Working...
                              X