DFW Mustangs    

Go Back   DFW Mustangs > General > DFW Sports Central

DFW Sports Central Forum for all Sports related discussion

Old 10-01-2018, 09:47 AM   #81
BP
infidel

So the season is over and the team really stunk it up this year. On a positive note JD traded Chris Davis in 2011. He just set a MLB record for the lowest batting average in history for a qualified season at .168. His WAR for the season was -3.2. They still owe him $92 million through 2022.
BP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 12:04 PM   #82
mstng86
MEAT HOARDER

80 posts in this thread in 9 months. Pretty indicative of how much people cared about this team. Im not even sure the team and organization evwn cared. Its focused on getting to the new ballpark and not worrying about the product om the field.
mstng86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 01:14 PM   #83
Rick Modena
Cockasaurusmex
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP View Post
The Astros signed Altuve in 2007, Keuchel in 2009 and Correa in 2012. Nolan left the Rangers in 2013.
hahah!
Rick Modena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 06:21 PM   #84
pHILSANITY07
The Rams Do Not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstng86 View Post
80 posts in this thread in 9 months. Pretty indicative of how much people cared about this team. Im not even sure the team and organization evwn cared. Its focused on getting to the new ballpark and not worrying about the product om the field.
I was okay with not signing a big free agent during last off season. I don't think having Yu Darvish back or a hitter would've put this team in contention for the playoffs.

We just need to clean house from top to bottom. Look at Oakland who has probably a third of the budget that the Rangers has. Yet are still competitive and in the playoffs.

Revamp out scouting department and revamp our minor league development. Get rid of Doug Brocail and get a new pitching coach.

I might be in the minority, but Joey Gallo doesn't do anything for me. He hit 40 home runs in back to back years. That's great, but he also had back to back .210 batting average and back to back 200 strike outs. He hit 40 home runs, but only scored 82 runs. He needs to get on base more.

2017 NFC West Division Champions
pHILSANITY07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 05:27 AM   #85
BP
infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by pHILSANITY07 View Post
I might be in the minority, but Joey Gallo doesn't do anything for me. He hit 40 home runs in back to back years. That's great, but he also had back to back .210 batting average and back to back 200 strike outs. He hit 40 home runs, but only scored 82 runs. He needs to get on base more.
He really didn't like playing center field. He's arbitration eligible after next season and hopefully whoever the manager is will notice that he's a 6'5 235 pound power hitter and not a center fielder. That and he belongs in the 3-4-5 spot in the batting order, not second or seventh.
Old 10-03-2018, 05:39 AM   #86
AnthonyS
Lifer

8 time zones = duplicate post
AnthonyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 05:40 AM   #87
AnthonyS
Lifer

Quote:
He really didn't like playing center field. He's arbitration eligible after next season and hopefully whoever the manager is will notice that he's a 6'5 235 pound power hitter and not a center fielder. That and he belongs in the 3-4-5 spot in the batting order, not second or seventh.
Gallo has tons of upside still. Putting him a slot ahead of a healthy Beltre would make the entire team better. We still desperately need starting pitching....
Old 10-03-2018, 12:21 PM   #88
BP
infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyS View Post
Gallo has tons of upside still. Putting him a slot ahead of a healthy Beltre would make the entire team better. We still desperately need starting pitching....
JD already has gift baskets ordered for Keuchel and Kershaw. Even if those don't work Patrick Corbin, Charlie Morton and David Price can be free agents. Obviously we won't get all of them but surely one of them will land in Texas. They are all substantial upgrades over Hamels.

Also of note Nelson Cruz, Craig Gentry and Leonys Martin are in contract years. We can solve the left and CF problem for many years to come and get a really big right handed bat as DH.
Old 10-05-2018, 07:27 PM   #89
pHILSANITY07
The Rams Do Not Suck

Quote:
JD already has gift baskets ordered for Keuchel and Kershaw. Even if those don't work Patrick Corbin, Charlie Morton and David Price can be free agents. Obviously we won't get all of them but surely one of them will land in Texas. They are all substantial upgrades over Hamels.

Also of note Nelson Cruz, Craig Gentry and Leonys Martin are in contract years. We can solve the left and CF problem for many years to come and get a really big right handed bat as DH.
We do have Willie Calhoun who might be our CF of the future. Don't quote me on that, but he's the top prospect we got in the Darvish trade.

Old 12-05-2018, 03:52 PM   #90
BP
infidel

So the old ballpark will live on! At least as long as the XFL stays in business.

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/tex...hise-itll-look
Old 12-12-2018, 06:37 PM   #91
Trip McNeely
DRILL BABY, DRILL!!!

No Lance Lynn posts? lol
Trip McNeely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 06:56 PM   #92
AnthonyS
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip McNeely View Post
No Lance Lynn posts? lol
I'm starting to think all the GMs in DFW are idolizing Al Davis and trying to be just like him.... so until this batch of GMs is fired, there isn't much to get excited about. Daniels is never going to put together a team worth watching. He's run it into the ground since Nolan left.
Old 12-12-2018, 07:28 PM   #93
Trip McNeely
DRILL BABY, DRILL!!!

Trust me, the situation isn't nearly as bad as Pirates ownership. Right at the peak of good players they get traded for pocket lent & a pack of bubble gum in return. They spend what could be spread around on 1 high price worn out veteran. All profits from games are spent on the owners other business ventures, and all you have left is empty hopes and dreams.
Trip McNeely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 04:28 PM   #94
pHILSANITY07
The Rams Do Not Suck

If they trade Nomar Mazara and act like Joey Gallo is some up and coming super star. Then I won't devote a cent until they fire Jon Daniels

Old 12-14-2018, 06:53 AM   #95
BP
infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip McNeely View Post
No Lance Lynn posts? lol
He's a solid #3 or 4 starter, too bad he's #2 here. Thankfully JD didn't trade Leclerc or Profar. Too bad neither of them are catchers because that's a giant gaping hole in the roster right now.