DFW Mustangs    

Go Back   DFW Mustangs > General > God and Country

God and Country Politics and Religion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2012, 02:55 PM   #121
matts5.0
Thug Lifer
 
matts5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Keller
Posts: 4,230
Default




this sounds about right to me.
__________________
ازدهار رأسه برعشيت
matts5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 03:08 PM   #122
matts5.0
Thug Lifer
 
matts5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Keller
Posts: 4,230
Default

http://www.infowars.com/ron-pauls-fo...agan-approved/

i know i know, alex jones is out there on most issues, but this is a good read.
__________________
ازدهار رأسه برعشيت
matts5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 03:45 PM   #123
Up0n0ne
444ci
 
Up0n0ne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,474
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Jake- View Post
I used to be a more or less straight R voter. My eyes have been opened, not anymore. Check out who voted for NDAA. Seriously look it up, and republicans are for smaller government? Wake up people.

Just last night Romney was claiming he is pro-life, I'm not even going to attempt to post all the videos of him claiming to be pro-choice. He even went so far as to say he had a close relative who died from an illegal abortion so he is all for legal abortions. He is as slimy as they come.
Same here, actually thought there was a difference between (R) and (D), not any more.
It boils down to Republicrat vs. Constitutionalist, those are the 2 choices we have.
If you question the mainline republicans (neo-cons) and their views or actually have done some research and have come to think for yourself, ahh well that's a no no, and you must be a RP jockey swinger or a loon.

Like you I never even gave RP a look, but did some research on Jeckyll Island and saw this nation was sold out long ago. The (R) and (D) is just there to make people think they have a choice, and to keep the people fighting on who got us into this mess and who will get us out.

Now it's who's a Constitutionalist.
__________________
2 Chronicles 7:14
If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
Up0n0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 04:06 PM   #124
stevo
Lifer
 
stevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: it's your shit-kickin' speed-takin' truck-drivin' neighbors down stairs
Posts: 13,080
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by matts5.0 View Post
i just find it hard to settle with the better of the two evils, thats why our country is in the hole its in.
Enjoy settling for the worst evil then, and watching the shit in our country get worse.

Stevo
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMAN View Post
...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.
stevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 04:09 PM   #125
matts5.0
Thug Lifer
 
matts5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Keller
Posts: 4,230
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo View Post
Enjoy settling for the worst evil then, and watching the shit in our country get worse.

Stevo
you think romney will make it any better? not by much.
__________________
ازدهار رأسه برعشيت
matts5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 04:10 PM   #126
stevo
Lifer
 
stevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: it's your shit-kickin' speed-takin' truck-drivin' neighbors down stairs
Posts: 13,080
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by matts5.0 View Post
you think romney will make it any better? not by much.
I think a little bit better is much better than watching it get worse just because I am trying make a point about principals

Stevo.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMAN View Post
...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.
stevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 04:12 PM   #127
matts5.0
Thug Lifer
 
matts5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Keller
Posts: 4,230
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo View Post
I think a little bit better is much better than watching it get worse just because I am trying make a point about principals

Stevo.
man i hear ya, but we need to take a stand against this shit. if not paul, then someone else. its nott about the canidate, its about the ideas.
__________________
ازدهار رأسه برعشيت
matts5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 04:30 PM   #128
stevo
Lifer
 
stevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: it's your shit-kickin' speed-takin' truck-drivin' neighbors down stairs
Posts: 13,080
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by matts5.0 View Post
man i hear ya, but we need to take a stand against this shit. if not paul, then someone else. its nott about the canidate, its about the ideas.
I agree with you and I'll vote for Ron Paul if he gets nominated, but I will not write him in if he doesn't or if he doesn't tip his hat to someone else, getting four more years of 0bama just to have a chance of making a statement or based on principals still means you are going to end up with four more years of 0bama.

Stevo
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMAN View Post
...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.
stevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 05:17 PM   #129
SMEGMA STENCH
banned
 
SMEGMA STENCH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,224
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
wtf? you will see it as the republican party failing if he doesn't get the nomination? He isn't even a damn republican?! He has said in multiple interviews that he is not a conservative, and he is not a republican - flat out. We don't get behind him because his foreign policy is childish and naive - end of story. That is it, foreign policy - if he had a proactive stance he would get nomination, he doesn't so he won't. He is left of Obama on foreign policy, completely unacceptable. How sad is it that Obama would be schooling Ron Paul on why we need to be proactive? All I hear from Ron Paul supporters is naivete and fairy tale hopes and dreams shit. "Oh, but he doesn't mean that." "Oh, the media is just against him, and the republicans, and anyone that disagrees." Maybe it's just because he's unrealistic. He gets the liberal vote for being anti-war, he gets the gay and lesbian vote for being pro gay marriage, he gets the pot smokers for the legalize vote... what do all of these have in common? None of them are Republicans, and none of them have ANYTHING in common, which is why his "movement" always falls apart, every single fucking time he runs. Yet, I still see all of you guys nut hugging the dude like it's going to suddenly happen on his 3rd attempt.
Everybody is piss scared of his foreign policy for no reason. Obammy has already "pulled out" of iraq, so what's next? Its not even possible for Paul to get in there and say "Well, now I'm the prez. So get everyone home right nao! NAO!!" Not going to happen, ever, under any circumstance. For one, he's not a blithering idiot and knows that if we were to actually adopt his plan, that we'd need a longer term, more strategic withdrawal from everything we're doing. For two, not every president gets everything they want, far from it. So you can pretty much put all these ideas of a new adolph hitler somewhere, only this time no WW2 out of your head. Cause it will never be allowed to happen.
SMEGMA STENCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 05:49 PM   #130
slow99
Genetically Blessed
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Dallas
Posts: 21,034
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by matts5.0 View Post
im not trying to say you dont agree with his economic and financial policies, you would be ignorant not to, he is a smart man on those matters.
Hey, at least you're not just following!!

He'd be great fiscally, but everything else is awful.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by davbrucas View Post
I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.
slow99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 06:01 PM   #131
matts5.0
Thug Lifer
 
matts5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Keller
Posts: 4,230
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow99 View Post
Hey, at least you're not just following!!

He'd be great fiscally, but everything else is awful.
i wouldnt say awful, just different than what this post 9/11 mindset the country has now. we need someone with his knowledge of fiscal/monitory issues more now than ever. so i would take his ideas over everyone running right now. I do not want odummy in there for 4 more, but damn i do want paul to get the nomination. i know it realistically wont happen, so im stuck in between a rock and a hard place.
__________________
ازدهار رأسه برعشيت
matts5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 06:25 PM   #132
CJ
User is editing post
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 37,676
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJustinTaliwhacker95 View Post
Cause it will never be allowed to happen.
The exact same thing, verbatim was said by Libertarians in our Congress in the 1930's.
__________________
"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
"A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler
CJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 06:40 PM   #133
matts5.0
Thug Lifer
 
matts5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Keller
Posts: 4,230
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
The exact same thing, verbatim was said by Libertarians in our Congress in the 1930's.
can you show me? a link or something?
__________________
ازدهار رأسه برعشيت
matts5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 08:03 PM   #134
Up0n0ne
444ci
 
Up0n0ne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,474
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by matts5.0 View Post
I do not want odummy in there for 4 more, but damn i do want paul to get the nomination. i know it realistically wont happen, so im stuck in between a rock and a hard place.
As you see the mainstream media keep telling people he's un-electable as well as the mainline republicans.
That's what they keep puking out of their mouths so people will say just what you said. Why do they say that, cause that's all you hear from the media.
Polls, the boo's when they didn't allow him to talk, the clear fraud that has already happened, and the mainstream media lieing on a constant basis.
People are fed up and are seeing through all the smoke and mirrors.
The only way it won't happen is fraud or obama not stepping down. Probably both.
__________________
2 Chronicles 7:14
If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
Up0n0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 08:07 PM   #135
Vertnut
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Wall of the Rock
Posts: 27,828
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Up0n0ne View Post
As you see the mainstream media keep telling people he's un-electable as well as the mainline republicans.
That's what they keep puking out of their mouths so people will say just what you said. Why do they say that, cause that's all you hear from the media.
Polls, the boo's when they didn't allow him to talk, the clear fraud that has already happened, and the mainstream media lieing on a constant basis.
People are fed up and are seeing through all the smoke and mirrors.
The only way it won't happen is fraud or obama not stepping down. Probably both.
Did you catch the "boo's" he drew when he spoke of his "Do unto others" foreign policy the other night at the debate? You don't think that might have just a little to do with his numbers?
Vertnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 08:31 PM   #136
Up0n0ne
444ci
 
Up0n0ne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,474
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
Did you catch the "boo's" he drew when he spoke of his "Do unto others" foreign policy the other night at the debate? You don't think that might have just a little to do with his numbers?
It may but that was pathetic. Where in the Constitution does it say we should go invade other countries because they may have this or may have that. Or they may attack so we better attack 1st? So let's go start wars because someone "may" start one with us.

If the Law of the Land is the Constitution, and it doesn't say anything of the sort, why are we doing it and if the rep. are different than the dems, why are they voting for the same things?
__________________
2 Chronicles 7:14
If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
Up0n0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 08:41 PM   #137
Vertnut
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Wall of the Rock
Posts: 27,828
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Up0n0ne View Post
It may but that was pathetic. Where in the Constitution does it say we should go invade other countries because they may have this or may have that. Or they may attack so we better attack 1st? So let's go start wars because someone "may" start one with us.

If the Law of the Land is the Constitution, and it doesn't say anything of the sort, why are we doing it and if the rep. are different than the dems, why are they voting for the same things?
We ducked WWI for quite a while. The germans were cruising the ocean not far from our eastern coastline. We were uninvolved until they sunk the Lusitania (on it's way to Europe) with several hundred Americans on board. At that point, we had to get involved. There's always mad men and dictators that will attack, unprovoked, just for the sake of creating havoc. Then, it was U-boats, now it's nuclear weapons.
Vertnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 09:42 PM   #138
Forever_frost
Bullet Sponge
 
Forever_frost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 19,040
Default

If Ron Paul is the answer to what is wrong, why hasn't he run for governor of Texas? He'd have more power constitutionally as a governor of a state than the President does. So he wants the big chair but has no executive experience.

Sounds like someone else I remember. No executive experience but had followers who swore he was 'the one' and that anyone who questioned him was foolish. I'll remember who that was later.
__________________
I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool
Forever_frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 06:57 PM   #139
Denny
American Luxury
VIP Member
 
Denny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 55,507
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever_frost View Post
If Ron Paul is the answer to what is wrong, why hasn't he run for governor of Texas? He'd have more power constitutionally as a governor of a state than the President does. So he wants the big chair but has no executive experience.

Sounds like someone else I remember. No executive experience but had followers who swore he was 'the one' and that anyone who questioned him was foolish. I'll remember who that was later.
Must be thinking about Lincoln, Kennedy or your current massa.
Denny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 08:41 PM   #140
matts5.0
Thug Lifer
 
matts5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Keller
Posts: 4,230
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever_frost View Post
If Ron Paul is the answer to what is wrong, why hasn't he run for governor of Texas? He'd have more power constitutionally as a governor of a state than the President does. So he wants the big chair but has no executive experience.

Sounds like someone else I remember. No executive experience but had followers who swore he was 'the one' and that anyone who questioned him was foolish. I'll remember who that was later.
Fyi the Texas governor is prolly one of the least powerful governors in the united states. The LT. Governor is the one with the power. Not that it matters your post was irrelevant.
__________________
ازدهار رأسه برعشيت
matts5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:02 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.