DFW Mustangs    

Go Back   DFW Mustangs > General > God and Country

God and Country Politics and Religion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2011, 03:23 PM   #21
Denny
American Luxury
VIP Member
 
Denny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 55,507
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by racrguy View Post
That still doesn't account for the screwup in the order in which the sun and the earth were created.

If you can't prove the bible to be true, just say you can't and that you take it on faith and leave it at that. I have no problem with religious people believing, I take issue when they try to pass it off as fact or try to legislate what it says.
Either being that dumb or pretending to be that dumb doesn't give you a win in the argument.

The only person trying to "prove" anything is you trying to disprove the Bible. You obviously have a problem with religious people since you are the one bringing up threads, not to seek knowledge, but to agrue people's beliefs.

It says light was created (sun and stars produce light). Then they were put in their order.

Every time I give you an answer to your instigations, you rebutt with something as if you never read my post in the first place. Either the words are too big or you just want to disagree with anything other than what you BELIEVE.

So, now that I've posted answers to your question and you obviously don't have a proper response, I'll just bow out and leave you here so you can argue with the wall.
Denny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 03:25 PM   #22
Denny
American Luxury
VIP Member
 
Denny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 55,507
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by racrguy View Post
And Denny, I am sure of my position. One just needs to prove, with evidence, that their view is true and I'll believe it.
No you won't.
Denny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 03:38 PM   #23
racrguy
Banned
 
racrguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: I am the Stig
Posts: 13,570
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny View Post
Either being that dumb or pretending to be that dumb doesn't give you a win in the argument.
I don't claim to be smart, but an idiot I am not.
The only person trying to "prove" anything is you trying to disprove the Bible. You obviously have a problem with religious people since you are the one bringing up threads, not to seek knowledge, but to agrue people's beliefs.
I asked for proof that the bible was true, all I got was rehashed arguments that have already been proven wrong
It says light was created (sun and stars produce light). Then they were put in their order.
Wrong, it specifically says that he created the sun and the moon after he created the earth
Every time I give you an answer to your instigations, you rebutt with something as if you never read my post in the first place. Either the words are too big or you just want to disagree with anything other than what you BELIEVE.
You have yet to come up with anything I haven't encountered before.
So, now that I've posted answers to your question and you obviously don't have a proper response, I'll just bow out and leave you here so you can argue with the wall.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
No you won't.
I may not like everything science has to say, and proven to be true, but I have no choice but to accept it as such. What makes you think I don't hold god in the same light? As soon as it's proven true, no matter how much I agree/disagree the fact remains that it's true.
racrguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 04:01 PM   #24
Pro88LX
Lifer
 
Pro88LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Discovery Bay, CA
Posts: 12,953
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by racrguy View Post
That still doesn't account for the screwup in the order in which the sun and the earth were created.

If you can't prove the bible to be true, just say you can't and that you take it on faith and leave it at that. I have no problem with religious people believing, I take issue when they try to pass it off as fact or try to legislate what it says.

Edit: I already had the reply window open when Chris posted his response. I'm not trying to change peoples mind. I'm merely being argumentative. And Denny, I am sure of my position. One just needs to prove, with evidence, that their view is true and I'll believe it.
Obviously you DO have a problem with people believing, because you are ALWAYS in here trying to discredit it, basically calling Christians idiots. You don't believe.....so fucking what. No need to come in here and start shit with and bash the folks that do, basically implying we're idiots for having faith. For Christians, the bible is fact. If you can't accept that then just don't come in the THEOLOGY forum. Pretty fucking simple concept that even you should be able to wrap your head around. If you want to have an intelligent conversation, then I'm sure you would have plenty of people here willing to talk to you. Instead you come across like a child just getting aggressive and arguing just for the sake of arguing.
Pro88LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 04:03 PM   #25
ceyko
Lifer
 
ceyko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 18,805
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceyko View Post
Faith. Either you have it or you don't, nothing difficult about it.
Rarely quote myself, but really - what the hell is so difficult? There are numerous things from millions, billions - whatever years ago that we're unsure of. There are things that get changed from one year to the next - cause science is not always exact either. Proving a technicality you put your faith in a proven method. That method may fail.

Either way, this stuff really does not matter anyway. Either you're on one side of the fence or the other. You choose/chose to be there, what's the point in flinging rocks back across?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.
ceyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 04:32 PM   #26
racrguy
Banned
 
racrguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: I am the Stig
Posts: 13,570
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro88LX View Post
Obviously you DO have a problem with people believing, because you are ALWAYS in here trying to discredit it, basically calling Christians idiots. You don't believe.....so fucking what. No need to come in here and start shit with and bash the folks that do, basically implying we're idiots for having faith. For Christians, the bible is fact. If you can't accept that then just don't come in the THEOLOGY forum. Pretty fucking simple concept that even you should be able to wrap your head around. If you want to have an intelligent conversation, then I'm sure you would have plenty of people here willing to talk to you. Instead you come across like a child just getting aggressive and arguing just for the sake of arguing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by racrguy View Post
I'm not trying to change peoples mind. I'm merely being argumentative.
In case you missed it earlier. I'm off today and have nothing better to do, so why not start shit in the theology forum?

Now we get into a topic of definition. What is fact for one person should be a fact for all. Believers have faith that the bible is true, when in actuality it is not.
I didn't come in here bashing folks, I have yet to insult anyone in this thread. I wanted an explanation, and I haven't gotten one. Don't get pissy with me because of other people's lack of ability to answer a single simple question. Nothing I've said, to me, comes off as aggressive. You on the other hand seem to want to insult people.

Ceyko, I place no faith in science. I hold religion to the same standards I hold science to. You make a claim, you'd better have proof.

Regardless, my prior statement still stands. You're free to believe what you want to, just don't try to pass it off as something it's not, and don't try to tell me what to do while basing your reasoning on religion.

When I get back to TX I invite everyone in the thread to come out and have a drink with me sometime. If alcohol isn't your gig, burger/soda will take the place of it.
racrguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 05:56 PM   #27
4.6coupe
Hebrews 6:19
 
4.6coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 964
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by racrguy View Post
In case you missed it earlier. I'm off today and have nothing better to do, so why not start shit in the theology forum?

Now we get into a topic of definition. What is fact for one person should be a fact for all. Believers have faith that the bible is true, when in actuality it is not.
I didn't come in here bashing folks, I have yet to insult anyone in this thread. I wanted an explanation, and I haven't gotten one. Don't get pissy with me because of other people's lack of ability to answer a single simple question. Nothing I've said, to me, comes off as aggressive. You on the other hand seem to want to insult people.

Ceyko, I place no faith in science. I hold religion to the same standards I hold science to. You make a claim, you'd better have proof.

Regardless, my prior statement still stands. You're free to believe what you want to, just don't try to pass it off as something it's not, and don't try to tell me what to do while basing your reasoning on religion.

When I get back to TX I invite everyone in the thread to come out and have a drink with me sometime. If alcohol isn't your gig, burger/soda will take the place of it.


Face your demons. control them or they will control you.
4.6coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 06:01 PM   #28
War Machine
Lifer
 
War Machine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 8,672
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.6coupe View Post
Face your demons. control them or they will control you.
Pray for him!!!!
War Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 06:15 PM   #29
The King
Lifer
 
The King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 14,817
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by racrguy View Post
Denny, which stories in the bible have science supporting it?

Edit: For the record, I was at one time a believer but I started to apply logic, and the requirement of proof that things are the way they are. I struggled with it for a few years, spoke with several pastors and members of churches and none of them could justify their position satisfactorily.
Is it logical to assume that the Creator of all things known to mankind would or should be limited by the confines of your logic?
The King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 06:38 PM   #30
racrguy
Banned
 
racrguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: I am the Stig
Posts: 13,570
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.6coupe View Post
Face your demons. control them or they will control you.
I have demons because I don't agree with the majority of Americans, and decided to start an argument? Ok.
racrguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 07:09 PM   #31
4.6coupe
Hebrews 6:19
 
4.6coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 964
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
Pray for him!!!!
I will.
4.6coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 10:12 PM   #32
Pro88LX
Lifer
 
Pro88LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Discovery Bay, CA
Posts: 12,953
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by racrguy View Post
In case you missed it earlier. I'm off today and have nothing better to do, so why not start shit in the theology forum?
Get a hobby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racrguy View Post
Now we get into a topic of definition. What is fact for one person should be a fact for all. Believers have faith that the bible is true, when in actuality it is not.
If it is in fact not true as you say, you have some kind of firm factual evidence to back it up right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by racrguy View Post
I didn't come in here bashing folks, I have yet to insult anyone in this thread. I wanted an explanation, and I haven't gotten one.
You just said you came in here looking to start shit you fucking knuckle dragging mouth breather.
Quote:
Originally Posted by racrguy View Post
Don't get pissy with me because of other people's lack of ability to answer a single simple question. Nothing I've said, to me, comes off as aggressive. You on the other hand seem to want to insult people.
Most stupid people respond better to aggression, hence my approach with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racrguy View Post
Ceyko, I place no faith in science. I hold religion to the same standards I hold science to. You make a claim, you'd better have proof.
Like where you posted in absolute terms that the bible is in no way true? LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by racrguy View Post
Regardless, my prior statement still stands. You're free to believe what you want to, just don't try to pass it off as something it's not, and don't try to tell me what to do while basing your reasoning on religion.
who the fuck said anything to you or told you shit? You're dumb ass is the one always coming in here starting shit because you said you're bored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racrguy View Post
When I get back to TX I invite everyone in the thread to come out and have a drink with me sometime. If alcohol isn't your gig, burger/soda will take the place of it.
ill pass.

Last edited by Pro88LX; 05-14-2011 at 10:49 PM. Reason: missed a quote
Pro88LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 01:24 AM   #33
racrguy
Banned
 
racrguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: I am the Stig
Posts: 13,570
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro88LX View Post
Get a hobby.


If it is in fact not true as you say, you have some kind of firm factual evidence to back it up right?
The burden of proof lies with the people that think it's true
You just said you came in here looking to start shit you fucking knuckle dragging mouth breather.
starting an argument can be done without bashing or insulting people. I know it's hard to distinguish the difference for you, but try.
Most stupid people respond better to aggression, hence my approach with you.
Because you're a bastion of intelligence? LOL


Like where you posted in absolute terms that the bible is in no way true? LOL
I have yet to see any scientific evidence proving otherwise, and I'd venture a guess to say that you can't come up with any. So I'd say it's a fair conclusion to come to that the bible isn't true. Are there some things in the bible that are true? Sure. But it's on the same level as Spiderman stories being true because it's based in New York

who the fuck said anything to you or told you shit? You're dumb ass is the one always coming in here starting shit because you said you're bored.
You haven't kept up with recent events, have you? See: http://www.reuters.com/article/2008/...19223520080627
http://firedoglake.com/2009/03/29/cr...ids-textbooks/ Creationism is tied hand in hand with religion. So tell me again, have religious people not tried to shove their beliefs down everyone's throat?



ill pass.
It's your choice.
See red text. You may want to untwist your panties, they're getting MIIIGHTY bunched up there.
racrguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 11:36 AM   #34
Pro88LX
Lifer
 
Pro88LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Discovery Bay, CA
Posts: 12,953
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by racrguy View Post
See red text. You may want to untwist your panties, they're getting MIIIGHTY bunched up there.
quit fucking up the quotes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by racrguy View Post
The burden of proof lies with the people that think it's true
But nobody in here is trying to prove anything to you. You keep starting threads. So I'd say the burden of proof is on you to prove it isn't. But that's a circular argument i don't care to get into.


Quote:
Originally Posted by racrguy View Post
Because you're a bastion of intelligence? LOL
Not a brag, but i did test at an IQ of 136 when i was 10 which would place me in either the 99.1802471131% or 98.7775566587% percentiles depending on which scale you're using. That said there is a .8197528869% - 1.2224433413% chance that you are more intelligent. Id take that bet any day of the week.


Quote:
Originally Posted by racrguy View Post
I have yet to see any scientific evidence proving otherwise, and I'd venture a guess to say that you can't come up with any. So I'd say it's a fair conclusion to come to that the bible isn't true. Are there some things in the bible that are true? Sure. But it's on the same level as Spiderman stories being true because it's based in New York
There is no firm scientific evidence saying that its completely false either....

Please don't use the big bang theory etc as evidence as it is just that...a theory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racrguy View Post
You haven't kept up with recent events, have you? See: http://www.reuters.com/article/2008/...19223520080627
http://firedoglake.com/2009/03/29/cr...ids-textbooks/ Creationism is tied hand in hand with religion. So tell me again, have religious people not tried to shove their beliefs down everyone's throat?
So even though an overwhelming majority of people in this country believe in God, all books should be catered to the minority of the population? If anything you would think that creationism in textbooks would make you guys happy. I mean any logical person should be able to debunk it, therefore further discrediting it right? I don't see a problem with the theory of creationism being in the same book as every other theory of how we came to be here.
Pro88LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 11:52 AM   #35
jw33
These go to eleven...
 
jw33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Well, it's one louder, isn't it?
Posts: 11,911
Default

I have to LOL at the language and insults being used by the pro-bible side. Please, continue...
jw33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 11:58 AM   #36
Pro88LX
Lifer
 
Pro88LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Discovery Bay, CA
Posts: 12,953
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw33 View Post
I have to LOL at the language and insults being used by the pro-bible side. Please, continue...
I'm on the "somewhere on the fence side".

Im done with this thread BTW. Don't like arguing.
Pro88LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 12:28 PM   #37
racrguy
Banned
 
racrguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: I am the Stig
Posts: 13,570
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro88LX View Post
quit fucking up the quotes!



But nobody in here is trying to prove anything to you. You keep starting threads. So I'd say the burden of proof is on you to prove it isn't. But that's a circular argument i don't care to get into.

To the best of my knowledge this is the first thread I've started in the theology corner. Sure I could check, but I'm far too lazy to do that.


Not a brag, but i did test at an IQ of 136 when i was 10 which would place me in either the 99.1802471131% or 98.7775566587% percentiles depending on which scale you're using. That said there is a .8197528869% - 1.2224433413% chance that you are more intelligent. Id take that bet any day of the week.

Past performance isn't indicative of future results


There is no firm scientific evidence saying that its completely false either....
One must first prove something true before it needs to be proven false. For example, you can scream to high heaven that the bible is true, but until you've proven it true I don't have to lift a finger to prove it false. You should never make a positive assumption when trying to determine whether something is true or false. Even our court system works this way (should) Charges are false until they're proven true. See how that works?
Please don't use the big bang theory etc as evidence as it is just that...a theory.

Just like evolution is a theory, huh?

So even though an overwhelming majority of people in this country believe in God, all books should be catered to the minority of the population? If anything you would think that creationism in textbooks would make you guys happy. I mean any logical person should be able to debunk it, therefore further discrediting it right? I don't see a problem with the theory of creationism being in the same book as every other theory of how we came to be here.Again, just because you believe something to be true, doesn't mean it would be true. As far as creationism being taught in the classroom, see: http://www.pamd.uscourts.gov/kitzmil...miller_342.pdf Scroll down to the decision if you want to get to the funny part.
If your understanding of scientific terminology, as evidenced by the quoted post, is any indication of your intelligence, you're severely lacking. You seem to think a theory is an idea (actual: hypothesis) when in fact theories have been tested and proven.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro88LX View Post
I'm on the "somewhere on the fence side".

Im done with this thread BTW. Don't like arguing.
Hard to argue when you don't have a leg to stand on, isn't it?
racrguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 01:44 PM   #38
Vertnut
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Wall of the Rock
Posts: 27,828
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by racrguy View Post
If your understanding of scientific terminology, as evidenced by the quoted post, is any indication of your intelligence, you're severely lacking. You seem to think a theory is an idea (actual: hypothesis) when in fact theories have been tested and proven.



Hard to argue when you don't have a leg to stand on, isn't it?
So really, you're another atheist baiting folks into another redundant argument. "Evolution" has a lot of holes in it, too. It's nowhere near an "exact science". I find it even sillier to think that we got where we are just by happen-stance. Really? From a one-celled amoeba to separate DNA and millions of brain cells? With no intelligent design? It's preposterous that people have faith in that, but not intelligent design. It's like a lightning bolt hitting a wrecking yard and leaving behind an F22.
Vertnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 02:20 PM   #39
racrguy
Banned
 
racrguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: I am the Stig
Posts: 13,570
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
So really, you're another atheist baiting folks into another redundant argument. "Evolution" has a lot of holes in it, too. It's nowhere near an "exact science". I find it even sillier to think that we got where we are just by happen-stance. Really? From a one-celled amoeba to separate DNA and millions of brain cells? With no intelligent design? It's preposterous that people have faith in that, but not intelligent design. It's like a lightning bolt hitting a wrecking yard and leaving behind an F22.
Let's not take into account the millions or billions of years it took to get here. Watch the video, more than once to make sure all the information sinks in.




Science is different from religion in the fact that when it's wrong, it fixes its errors. Religion has stood by the same old stance for the last 2000+ years. Yet we've gained so much knowledge in the past few hundred years. The computer/phone you post from, the shoes on your feet, the car you drive, all products of science. Yet you continue to say that science is wrong.
racrguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 02:34 PM   #40
Vertnut
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Wall of the Rock
Posts: 27,828
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by racrguy View Post
Let's not take into account the millions or billions of years it took to get here. Watch the video, more than once to make sure all the information sinks in.




Science is different from religion in the fact that when it's wrong, it fixes its errors. Religion has stood by the same old stance for the last 2000+ years. Yet we've gained so much knowledge in the past few hundred years. The computer/phone you post from, the shoes on your feet, the car you drive, all products of science. Yet you continue to say that science is wrong.
I'm not saying science is "wrong". I'm saying it wasn't science alone. Who gave us "science"? Evolution as a theory alone, just doesn't work. There's theories abound about what killed off dinosaurs. They ALL have scientific backing. Guys spend more time trying to dis-prove things than they do to prove their own point. You can't prove a negative. If you're closed minded enough to shut out creationism, why would smoke-and-mirrors science work, if you can't prove it? It amazes me that there are egomaniacs around that think we humans are "it". We're just not that great.

The Theory of Evolution has tons of holes in it.
Vertnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:02 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.