No announcement yet.

Fight over teaching evolution in Texas fizzles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Madhatter and racrguy have a tendency to get on any conversation and simply say that evidence you present is not valid. It doesn't matter if you have theologians or Dr.'s or scientists..they always have some reason to discount anyone they don't agree with. This is a typical response to someone who cannot refute the actual scientific evidence of an argument. Any "Evidence" from evolution I can refute with "Evidence" from creationism. Notice they do not have an answer for the scientific decay of the Earth's magnetic field or the human artifacts found throughout the geologic column that is evidence of a young Earth/ creation. They will try to attack the author of the piece or where it was published but they don't address the actual science. Again, they cannot produce "Scientific evidence" of where the first bit of matter came from. The whole evolution argument rests on that question but no scientist can answer it (Seems kinda important guys).

The idea of a universe beginning with a big bang goes against empirical science and the laws of physics (Let's see if they believe the laws of physics are a valid source or if the fact that I am quoting it makes it untrue). The 1st Law of Thermodynamics has shown that energy and matter remain constant. They can be transferred from one into the other but neither can appear from nothing. Even basic common sense and logic tells us that it is obvious that something can simply not come from nothing.

The 2nd Law of Thermodynamics states that the everything in the universe is running down and decaying. But to believe in a big bang would mean that the opposite is true... out of chaos order came into being and rather than decaying and becoming more disorderly, life and the universe is becoming more orderly. The 2nd Law of Thermodynamics refutes this. The Bible, far from being at odds with science (as some have erroneously been led to believe), actually tells us that the universe is running down and becoming more disorderly just as the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics has revealed (Isa. 51:6; Ps. 102:25-26; Rom. 8:21).

But that's not important I guess. As I have said before, they argue in a vacuum. They can't prove their beliefs so they can only attack ours. Faith is not devoid of evidence. It just is that last little piece you cant prove but given all the other evidence...it just makes sense. The order of the universe, the complexity of a single human cell, the balance and order of life just doesn't point to the random chaos of the big bang. Let's ignore for the moment that there is no viable explanation of where the initial atoms came from. Or that, in all the vastness of the known universe these atoms could somehow find each other to initiate the explosion. This alone, if quantified as a mathematical probability, would exceed a googleplex...a google raised to the googleth power...a number that is so big that it cannot be written by a human in an entire lifetime. But apparently that is exactly what happened, against the laws of physics to make our universe. But I believe an orderly, intelligent God created the universe only 20,000 or so years ago and I'm the nut?

Hahaha better exlude?
    Last edited by stephen4785; 07-25-2011, 03:08 PM.

Comment

• Holy wall of text, paragraphs please.

Comment

• 22,493 years ago, but who is counting?

Comment

• Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
          I'd rather you say apes are human like. We are the predominent species.
          Put a dude in a cage with an ape and my money's on the monkey.
          "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

• Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
            Apes and monkeys are different.

Comment

• Originally posted by Denny View Post
              Apes and monkeys are different.
              Sorry. The no-tail hairy bastard with the fangs.

Comment

So that is how science has come up with these theories?
                www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Sorry. The no-tail hairy bastard with the fangs.
                  You're going to have to elaborate futher.

Comment

• Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
                    So that is how science has come up with these theories?
                    I'm starting to believe that everybody here has a giant stick up their ass. Well...this is the political forum. Pretty much the same as the theology forum. I guess I should've known what to expect.

Comment

• Originally posted by stephen4785 View Post
                      Madhatter and racrguy have a tendency to get on any conversation and simply say that evidence you present is not valid. It doesn't matter if you have theologians or Dr.'s or scientists..they always have some reason to discount anyone they don't agree with. This is a typical response to someone who cannot refute the actual scientific evidence of an argument. Any "Evidence" from evolution I can refute with "Evidence" from creationism. Notice they do not have an answer for the scientific decay of the Earth's magnetic field or the human artifacts found throughout the geologic column that is evidence of a young Earth/ creation. They will try to attack the author of the piece or where it was published but they don't address the actual science. Again, they cannot produce "Scientific evidence" of where the first bit of matter came from. The whole evolution argument rests on that question but no scientist can answer it (Seems kinda important guys).
                      The Barnes/Humphries model of magnetic decay has a major flaw in it. It's one of those occurences where the result is presumed before the evidence is taken into consideration. In his mathematical models, Humphreys only uses creationist/Biblical time scales that do not, necessarily, match with the real world values.

Originally posted by stephen4785
                      The idea of a universe beginning with a big bang goes against empirical science and the laws of physics (Let's see if they believe the laws of physics are a valid source or if the fact that I am quoting it makes it untrue). The 1st Law of Thermodynamics has shown that energy and matter remain constant. They can be transferred from one into the other but neither can appear from nothing. Even basic common sense and logic tells us that it is obvious that something can simply not come from nothing.
                      While I don't have any solid evidence to argue this one way or another. I'll postulate, as you have here, and say that if you accept that God has always existed and was not created how is it impossible for matter to have always existed and not have been created?

The 2nd Law of Thermodynamics states that the everything in the universe is running down and decaying. But to believe in a big bang would mean that the opposite is true... out of chaos order came into being and rather than decaying and becoming more disorderly, life and the universe is becoming more orderly. The 2nd Law of Thermodynamics refutes this. The Bible, far from being at odds with science (as some have erroneously been led to believe), actually tells us that the universe is running down and becoming more disorderly just as the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics has revealed (Isa. 51:6; Ps. 102:25-26; Rom. 8:21).
                      The 2nd Law of Thermodynamics would only apply if life were a closed system, which it is obviously not as all forms of life must consume some form of nutrition. The sun provides plenty of energy to the Earth to easily cover this.

Not to mention, I believe it's a misinterpretation to say that the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics states, "everything in the universe is running down and decaying." More accurately it's, "No process is possible in which the sole result is the transfer of energy from a cooler to a hotter body" or "The entropy of a closed system cannot decrease."

Originally posted by stephen4785
                      But that's not important I guess. As I have said before, they argue in a vacuum. They can't prove their beliefs so they can only attack ours. Faith is not devoid of evidence. It just is that last little piece you cant prove but given all the other evidence...it just makes sense. The order of the universe, the complexity of a single human cell, the balance and order of life just doesn't point to the random chaos of the big bang. Let's ignore for the moment that there is no viable explanation of where the initial atoms came from. Or that, in all the vastness of the known universe these atoms could somehow find each other to initiate the explosion. This alone, if quantified as a mathematical probability, would exceed a googleplex...a google raised to the googleth power...a number that is so big that it cannot be written by a human in an entire lifetime. But apparently that is exactly what happened, against the laws of physics to make our universe. But I believe an orderly, intelligent God created the universe only 20,000 or so years ago and I'm the nut?
                      I'd like to see that equation for probability.

But if we assume a universe that was separated and perfectly still, would not the next logical step be that it all, eventually, comes together due to gravity? Thus not being a matter of probability so much as it is time.

Hahaha better exlude?
                      Much!

Comment

• Anybody got some knee high boots?
                        www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

• Man, my shit didn't get addressed like that.

Comment

Man, my shit didn't get addressed like that.
                            Selective quoting.
                            www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

• fml

Comment

Man, my shit didn't get addressed like that.

Comment

Working...
                                X