DFW Mustangs    

Go Back   DFW Mustangs > General > God and Country

God and Country Politics and Religion

Old 08-24-2013, 08:52 PM   #21
Forever_frost
Bullet Sponge

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4eyedwillie View Post
And when we pull out and it goes back to exactly like it was in a year or less what good did it do? Once we pull out it will return to being a *safe haven* what was accomplished other than getting a shit load of people killed or injured? If we take out the leaders consistently who will want to lead? And if it does go back (which it already is per board members) what did your brothers death accomplish?
It protected the men to his left and right which is the most honorable death a man can wish for.
Old 08-24-2013, 09:52 PM   #22
BoostedD1
Under Construction

^^^^^^ Exactly ^^^^^
BoostedD1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 09:58 PM   #23
Forever_frost
Bullet Sponge

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedD1 View Post
^^^^^^ Exactly ^^^^^
People who never served will never understand that. "Greater love has no man, than he who would lay down his life for his brother." -John 15:13

"He was compelled, instead, by an instinct of loyalty which the brave always carry into conflict. In that incredibly brief moment of decision in which he decided to die, he put others first and himself last. I have always believed that to be the hardest, but the highest, decision that any man is ever called upon to make.

In dying, Private Milton Olive taught those of us who remain how we ought to live." -LBJ about Private Milton Olive
Old 08-24-2013, 10:00 PM   #24
Pokulski-Blatz
Punk Ass Newbie

Quote:
And when we pull out and it goes back to exactly like it was in a year or less what good did it do? Once we pull out it will return to being a *safe haven* what was accomplished other than getting a shit load of people killed or injured? If we take out the leaders consistently who will want to lead? And if it does go back (which it already is per board members) what did your brothers death accomplish?
You are quickly headed toward shitbag status. I asked before now I am telling you. You will not use my brother's death as a talking point. Cut the fucking cheap shots.

My brothers death saved the lives of his friends, and for that he will always be more of a man and patriot than you.

You are not capable of understanding the complex situation in Afghanistan. We will not pull out of that country without stabilizing the government. One day it will slide back into anarchy, but for now it will not be a terror training camp. By going in we broke the enemy supply lines, we dismantled their training network, we also took a shit ton of potential attackers out of the game. We have rendered them unable to launch large scale attacks on the US homeland.

I won't debate Iraq, I have mixed feelings on the subject.
Pokulski-Blatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 10:06 PM   #25
Captain Crawfish
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever_frost View Post
This. Unless they start gassing outside of those borders, let the UN handle it
Ha the un is a joke.
Captain Crawfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 10:08 PM   #26
Forever_frost
Bullet Sponge

Quote:
Originally Posted by QIK46 View Post
Ha the un is a joke.
Of course they are. They have no authority, no military and file strongly worded letters that the US has to back up and pay for. To top it off, they wear baby blue helmets that scream "Aim here."
Old 08-24-2013, 10:14 PM   #27
Pokulski-Blatz
Punk Ass Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever_frost View Post
People who never served will never understand that. "Greater love has no man, than he who would lay down his life for his brother." -John 15:13

"He was compelled, instead, by an instinct of loyalty which the brave always carry into conflict. In that incredibly brief moment of decision in which he decided to die, he put others first and himself last. I have always believed that to be the hardest, but the highest, decision that any man is ever called upon to make.

In dying, Private Milton Olive taught those of us who remain how we ought to live." -LBJ about Private Milton Olive
My favorites.

'The brave die never, though they sleep in dust: Their courage nerves a thousand living men.' - Minot J. Savage

'It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.' - General George S. Patton, Jr.
Pokulski-Blatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 10:32 PM   #28
Forever_frost
Bullet Sponge

Want to see the most deadly men on the planet? Kill a soldier's brother in the field. They will endure any hardship, face any opponent to put you in the dirt.
Old 08-25-2013, 06:12 AM   #29
Vertnut
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
You are quickly headed toward shitbag status. I asked before now I am telling you. You will not use my brother's death as a talking point. Cut the fucking cheap shots.

My brothers death saved the lives of his friends, and for that he will always be more of a man and patriot than you.

You are not capable of understanding the complex situation in Afghanistan. We will not pull out of that country without stabilizing the government. One day it will slide back into anarchy, but for now it will not be a terror training camp. By going in we broke the enemy supply lines, we dismantled their training network, we also took a shit ton of potential attackers out of the game. We have rendered them unable to launch large scale attacks on the US homeland.

Willie's douche-baggery goes way back on this board. Libs have to rely on cheap shots and low-blows when they have nothing else. It's all about emotion for them, and they lose all scruples to make a point.
Vertnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:12 AM   #30
LANTIRN
Lifer

Quote:
We absolutely needed to go into Afghanistan, and were 100% justified in doing so. I do think we have been there too long, though, and we should have gone in much harder and faster than we did. I do agree with you that it will go back to exactly how it was before; Afghanistan hasn't changed in hundreds of years and in the end these last 10 years won't change their tribal mentality. That doesn't change my opinion that we did the right thing; we were attacked on US soil and retaliated. I will never change my opinion on Afghanistan, and in my opinion those that died did so protecting and serving the United States against an enemy that did tremendous damage to us.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.
LANTIRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 09:43 AM   #31
KBScobravert
Lifer
VIP Member

Quote:
I disagree, we should have sent in special forces and actually done what needed to be done to get BL (he wasn't hard to find before we invaded) and that's all. Who gives a shit if the taliban controlled everything there. Same thing with who gives a shit if Iraq had chemical weapons. Neither country was worth a single one of our guys getting hurt or killed. We should have stayed the fuck out of that whole area. We will have accomplished absolutely nothing except get a bunch of our guys killed or brains scrambled once we pull out and everything returns to the way it was.
Drone strikes are the way to go in that area. That way none of our guys get hurt.
First, we did send in Special Forces to establish an indigenous force that did break the Taliban's back.

Second, we did hunt OBL to the corners of this country and back. Hell for years Jawbreaker was the primary mission and keeping the Taliban from establishing a second foot hold was secondary.

Third, no country is ever worth a single loss of American life. However we are fortunate enough to have men and women who knowingly and willingly join so they can help make the world a better place and Americans safer.

Fourth, we have actually accomplished a great thing here in Afghanistan. We gave them the space to build a government, an army, an air force, a police force, roads, community projects, wells with clean water, hospitals, advancements in agriculture, veterinary medicine, schools, schools for girls, and the list goes on and on.

Fifth, were do you think the target packages come from for the drones to hit? It takes an intelligence network that is so massive you could not begin to draw it out. It has taken 12 years of developing counter intel, human and signal intel, and a map of the human terrain. That is where the targets come from. You don't develop that without putting boots on the ground, visiting villages, enrolling people in biometrics and other databases, working with indigenous forces to build report, etc.

I get it, you have to stick to the talking points of your favorite news source. But read a book or two about this conflict. If you need suggestions I have over 3-4 dozen I could point you to. All of which I have read to go along with my 7 years experience here in afghanistan. And as much as a bitch and moan about this place, Americans have done good here. I have seen it, I have lived it, I have witnessed the return on our investment.

Last edited by KBScobravert; 08-25-2013 at 09:48 AM.
KBScobravert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 09:48 AM   #32
KBScobravert
Lifer
VIP Member

Regarding the OP, there is not an interest we can back 100% in Seria. But there is an interest in us killing people who think using chemical weapons is and killing indiscriminately is acceptable.

If it costs us a dozen plus of those 1.45million dollar cruise missiles I am for it right now.

We have never had a good side to go along with in Seria. Just like we are seeing in this fucking Egypt debacle. That was Obama's screw-up through and through. He won't make the same mistake in Seria. I hope not.
KBScobravert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 11:19 AM   #33
Forever_frost
Bullet Sponge

But we shouldn't use Americans on the ground in Syria. As you know, nerve gas isn't fun and there's nothing saying our gear is rated for it. You know what I mean on that.
Old 08-25-2013, 12:00 PM   #34
JP135
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbscobravert View Post
First, we did send in Special Forces to establish an indigenous force that did break the Taliban's back.

Second, we did hunt OBL to the corners of this country and back. Hell for years Jawbreaker was the primary mission and keeping the Taliban from establishing a second foot hold was secondary.

Third, no country is ever worth a single loss of American life. However we are fortunate enough to have men and women who knowingly and willingly join so they can help make the world a better place and Americans safer.

Fourth, we have actually accomplished a great thing here in Afghanistan. We gave them the space to build a government, an army, an air force, a police force, roads, community projects, wells with clean water, hospitals, advancements in agriculture, veterinary medicine, schools, schools for girls, and the list goes on and on.

Fifth, were do you think the target packages come from for the drones to hit? It takes an intelligence network that is so massive you could not begin to draw it out. It has taken 12 years of developing counter intel, human and signal intel, and a map of the human terrain. That is where the targets come from. You don't develop that without putting boots on the ground, visiting villages, enrolling people in biometrics and other databases, working with indigenous forces to build report, etc.

I get it, you have to stick to the talking points of your favorite news source. But read a book or two about this conflict. If you need suggestions I have over 3-4 dozen I could point you to. All of which I have read to go along with my 7 years experience here in afghanistan. And as much as a bitch and moan about this place, Americans have done good here. I have seen it, I have lived it, I have witnessed the return on our investment.
All that asshole hears is blah-blah-blah. For those who already know, damn well said.

And for you, Four-eyed Willie. I'm not mad at you for having an opinion that's different from mine. That's cool. But using PB's brother's heroic death as a talking point to justify your asinine opinions and to hurt somebody just because he disagrees with you qualifies you as a huge chickenshit. Fuck you. Go to Hell.

Last edited by JP135; 08-25-2013 at 12:07 PM.
JP135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 03:38 PM   #35
4eyedwillie
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post

If we weren't there in the first place there would have been no need for him to protect his buddies would there? His personal actions I have no qualms with. The fact he was there and died for absolutely no reason THAT i have a problem with. Just like Frost he had his brains scrambled protecting a family that if we had not invaded would most likely not have needed protecting. Were his action honorable? yes Would they have been necessary if we had not invaded? No
4eyedwillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 03:45 PM   #36
4eyedwillie
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbscobravert View Post

At least one news reporter found and interviewed OBL after the 911 attacks and he said it wasn't very hard. OBL didn't disappear until we launched a full scale invasion. Your telling me that a seal team couldn't have done the same thing if that's what the POTUS wanted?
And you've said yourself that everything that you listed will be history within a year of us pulling out. Does that sound like accomplishing something? It doesn't to me...
Old 08-25-2013, 03:47 PM   #37
4eyedwillie
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp135 View Post
all that asshole hears is blah-blah-blah. For those who already know, damn well said.

And for you, four-eyed willie. I'm not mad at you for having an opinion that's different from mine. That's cool. But using pb's brother's heroic death as a talking point to justify your asinine opinions and to hurt somebody just because he disagrees with you qualifies you as a huge chickenshit. Fuck you. Go to hell.
u mad bro??
Old 08-25-2013, 03:53 PM   #38
talismans
On Walkabout

Quote:
If we weren't there in the first place there would have been no need for him to protect his buddies would there? His personal actions I have no qualms with. The fact he was there and died for absolutely no reason THAT i have a problem with. Just like Frost he had his brains scrambled protecting a family that if we had not invaded would most likely not have needed protecting. Were his action honorable? yes Would they have been necessary if we had not invaded? No

What the fuck is wrong with you? You're seriously going to sit there and get into this mans shit about his brother dying? I've seen some trashy shit on this site through the years, but you're really lowering the bar, douchebag.
talismans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 03:55 PM   #39
Trip McNeely
DRILL BABY, DRILL!!!

If liberals like 4eyedwillies had their way, We would never have fought either WW's. We might have killed some innocents and made people upset around the world. Peace and Love for all!
Trip McNeely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 04:39 PM   #40
Chas_svo
86 SVO 344rwhp 'n gaining
VIP Member

And we'd be speaking German, or dead...most likely dead.
01 TJ - new toy (gone)
65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold, 3/21/13
Chas_svo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5.0svo approves, aftr 12 its lunchtime, boosh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, micheal jackson, r a c r b i t c h, sausage on a stick, sexoffenderwilliebumbum, touchdick=candy