AR15 triggers....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AR15 triggers....

I have shot a handful of different triggers (probably around 15) and most that were on other peoples rifles I didn't even know what they were. Between all of them I have never noticed or thought to myself wow this trigger is really nice. This leaves me to wonder if I have ever felt a good one at all or if these descriptions and talk about all of these different triggers that sometimes borderline read like something out of a fantasy novel is just hype or would I take notice if I ever was able to shoot something with a "good" one. That being said what are you guys running and whats the real difference? I just bought one a few days ago that is considered by many to be one of the "good ones" but I am beginning to wonder if I will even notice a difference.

I've been wanting to try the timney AR trigger, but haven't talked myself into pulling the trigger on one.

Comment

Timney and Geissele are the two top contenders.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Yeah but what's really the difference between a milspec trigger that comes in one of those cheapo parts kits and a top of the line geissele? I'm not talking the difference on paper either. I can read about it all day. I'm talking real world differences.

Comment

i really dislike the reset on my mil spec trigger. it's way too clunky. i'd hope for a high dollar trigger, the reset would be much nicer

Comment

CMC two stage is nice. Crisp, smooth and breaks clean.

That being said for cheap I bought an alg trigger and put jp springs in it. The trigger isn't light around 5 pounds but it is steady with no creep and a smooth break.
            "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Discussed, a bit, here
              I'm wondering if the Timney trigger group is worth the money for an AR15 in 5.56. I've given my trigger group a pretty good polishing and set the break point to my liking. (I didnt touch the trigger face angle. I used a longer grip bolt to adjust the trigger pull.) I like my trigger now. How ever, is the Timney THAT much
              Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
              There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

The mil spec trigger is gritty and Geissele has polished contact points for a smooth pull.
                The Geissele has a clean, predictable break.
                Noticeably lighter pull.
                You wont appreciate the difference until you go long range 100+
                03 cobra

Comment

when you guys find one like my factory tikka trigger let me know .

ive got a rra two stage in mine its smooth, but not as crisp as id like.

Comment

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
                    Yeah but what's really the difference between a milspec trigger that comes in one of those cheapo parts kits and a top of the line geissele? I'm not talking the difference on paper either. I can read about it all day. I'm talking real world differences.
                    This makes me wonder if you've felt both. Milspec has rough/oversized contact surfaces, heavy springs, and positive engagement.
                    Last edited by CJ; 05-06-2014, 09:27 PM.
                    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Insane difference between a mil-spec and something like a geissele/CMC.

Now is it worth $140-200 in your run of the mil AR? no...

If you are building out a nice rig, then yes.
                      "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Comment

Originally posted by FATHERFORD View Post
                        Insane difference between a mil-spec and something like a geissele/CMC.

Now is it worth $140-200 in your run of the mil AR? no...

If you are building out a nice rig, then yes.
                        I think this is good advice. My duty AR has a nice trigger. The ones sitting in the safe that get shot occasionally have mil spec. From what I understand, a mil spec can be polished up pretty nicely, though I have never taken the time to learn how.

Comment

Working...
                        X