Trade value question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade value question...

Not a huge gun guy and prices seem to be a little goofy lately. Got a guy thats wanting to trade a new in box Windham Weaponry ww15, with a Strike Fire scope, 10 mages, and 300 rounds. I'm figuring thats about $1000 trade value . Is that about right ?

The ammo is worth $100, the scope would cost $180 new, you did not say what brand the mags are so I will assume that they are made by magpul and are worth $110. I am not sure what model the rifle is exactly but if it is what I am thinking you can find them in the mid $600 range if you shop around and wait for a sale. A grand in trade sounds like a fair deal.

The Windhams are decent quality rifles but if you are going to only own one AR I would buy a more expensive/higher quality model but I tend to split hairs when it comes to firearms. I have a Windham now and it has never failed to fire, its accuracy is fine, and I would trust it in a life or death situation.
    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

I'm probably gonna pass on the deal. The value on my stuff is probably $400 higher... I have a few other firearms on the want list prior to another AR...

Comment

Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
        I'm probably gonna pass on the deal. The value on my stuff is probably $400 higher... I have a few other firearms on the want list prior to another AR...
        Smart move, AR prices are still falling and will continue. Most manufactures have slowed and or stopped production of AR's due to the market being saturated. I sold the last of my Bushmaster stock last month at a slight loss just to blow them out and turn the money over. Looks like everyone is doing the same.

Comment

Only way I can move AR's right now is if it's a higher end custom build, or blowing it out at $399.
          "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
          http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
          Factory Five MK4 Cobra
          Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
          http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
          www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 01yz2nv View Post
            Only way I can move AR's right now is if it's a higher end custom build, or blowing it out at $399.
            Yes, the higher-end is selling right now. Noveske, LaRue, LWRC, POF, Bravo Company, JP, WOA/WOP, Compass Lake, Rainier Arms Ultramatch, GA Precision, etc...

Or should I say, they are moving. Making money on these, --- not me for sure. I don't buy enough to even get most of these.

Comment

Working...
            X