Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

street racing in Dallas is a very low-priority call.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DPD has not patrolled traffic enforcement for years on major highways, and use to have a no Chace policy on motorcycles. I believe the no chase was repealed a year or two ago when they started having huge bike meets and the swarm would roll up on a cruiser and break the mirrors off in traffic to keep souvenirs

Comment

The irony of them being ex copcars is just too much
      DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

If the perp can't afford to pay a fine then no citations will be written. That's the real issue with police and law enforcement today. If a bunch of Anglo kids did this in the park cities you'd have fines, impounded cars, lawyers and court dates... Cha Ching! Anyone telling you it's not about money is a liar.

Comment

I liked California Crossing better.

Comment

Originally posted by Kart21 View Post
            Damn, how old are you? lol...guess that makes me old too

Comment

Originally posted by Kart21 View Post
              It was all fun and games until they closed those flood gates though.
              Originally posted by Nash B.
              Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Originally posted by sc281 View Post
                Let's make Regal Row street races great again!
                LOL! My first thought as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked98Snake View Post
                  It was all fun and games until they closed those flood gates though.
                  Yeah it was, when cops would simply show up, turn their lights on and everyone move to a different place. It was especially entertaining when at least one idiot would take one for the team, lose their shit and the cops would chase after them.

Comment

Sanctuary city.
                    Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                    I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                    Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                    Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                    dont downshift!!
                    Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                      If the perp can't afford to pay a fine then no citations will be written. That's the real issue with police and law enforcement today. If a bunch of Anglo kids did this in the park cities you'd have fines, impounded cars, lawyers and court dates... Cha Ching! Anyone telling you it's not about money is a liar.
                      Possibly the most uninformed statement you have ever made. I mean, not like Dallas is not down a couple of officers. Not to mention if someone calls in saying a car is burning off in the intersection it would not be a priority call.You could probably even actually street race in Dallas and would never see a unit. Sometimes they are hours behind on non priority calls.

Also, where I work, we absolutely give zero shits about citations. We like contacts and community service. There are many cities out there that go either direction so blanket statements really don't work.

Andddd apparently you don't watch the news! You are saying the complete opposite of what they report.
                      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                        Possibly the most uninformed statement you have ever made.
                        Consider the user....
                        THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Originally posted by naynay View Post
                          Consider the user....
                          LOL. Copblock?

We actually had copblock show up the other day. When it was all said and done he wrote the Chief a letter telling him how polite and well trained our dept was. I always wondered if they were just hostile or if you acted semi normal around them they would be different. Now I know.
                          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Looks like Dallas is rapidly following in Chicago's path. The mayor and city council are to blame for DPD and DFD's problems.

Comment

being dallas and chicago are pretty much sister cities that doesnt surprise me.

the thing is, it is not a profession anyone wants to pursue anymore, and those who do, do it for all the wrong reasons (generally speaking).

i think i have said this before but the police need to come from the neighborhood, and remain a part of the neighborhood the way it used to be. there is no way in hell some white dude from hood county is ever going to relate to the citizens in that part of town. but when DPD is starting off at $27/hr vs. Uncle Jimmy's wrecker service, you start getting a bad mix of regular every day joes interacting, who all at the end of the day just wanna make it back home.
                              THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

I used to see hood rats doing this shit all the time on Buckner.
                                sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                                🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Working...
                                X