Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks!

Comment

Well, I went to Home Depot, Ace, Fastenal, and Grainger and none of them carry this thread pitch.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
        Atwell tactical in Richardson, $75 and he does a great job, and he's fast. His shop always has a wall of Accuracy International rifles, and other incredibly pricey guns in for threading, so if they trust their guns to him, I trust mine. He's done 5 rifles for me, no problems. There's a gun in Rockwall that does it for $50, he's cheaper but quite a pain to deal with given the distance.
        I've only used him as a FFL but he's a good dude and serious about what he does.

Comment

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Right-Hand-Thread-Die-TPI/dp/B007GT7U8I/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1398794839&sr=8-2&keywords=1+2x28+tap[/ame]

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/HSS-Right-Hand-Thread-Tap/dp/B007F3XPZ2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1398794839&sr=8-1&keywords=1+2x28+tap[/ame]

Comment

Thanks, Sean. I was hoping to get it locally as I'm planning on using it this weekend.

Comment

The 1/2x28 threads are messed up? Lowes probably won't have a die but they do have nuts that size, if the threads aren't too bad.

Comment

Correct. A few of the threads look like they are a little rounded.

Could I buy a bolt that size and force it on? I don't want to fuck the threads up to the point where VQ wont replace.

Comment

If you're going to do it yourself, spend the relatively small coin to get the tool. Don't cheap out and then hate yourself later. Or, wait the necessary time and have the manufacturer do it the right way. Just my 2ยข
                  pics of threads?
                  Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
                  There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

amazon.
                    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

So you need a tap that is 13/16X20?

Comment

Originally posted by Boomhauer View Post
                        So you need a tap that is 13/16X20?
                        1/2-28

VQ is sending me the replacement. It won't be here until next week, I was hoping to fix them this week. I'll see If I can get a pic of the threads for you guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren M View Post
                          If you're going to do it yourself, spend the relatively small coin to get the tool. Don't cheap out and then hate yourself later. Or, wait the necessary time and have the manufacturer do it the right way. Just my 2ยข
                          pics of threads?
                          I would if I could find it locally.

Comment

I am stupid disregard.
                            Last edited by Boomhauer; 04-29-2014, 04:35 PM.

Comment

I need 1/2-28

Comment

Order it right now and have it shipped 2day.

Comment

Working...
                                X