Good deal on a collector's python

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good deal on a collector's python

I ran across this recently. This is a fair price for a NIB unfired 70's era Python. You don't see these too often.

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Damn, that is a crazy deal.
    Originally posted by lincolnboy
    After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

I would buy this if I wasn't budgeting for another big purchase at the moment. The pictures have pretty heavy aliasing, but it looks to me like a knurled cylinder release, which means it must be late 70's. I would recommend whoever buys it to run a colt serial check first just to be sure. However, on this year python, the box should have a handwritten label with the serial#.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

That's a gorgeous gun.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
          I would buy this if I wasn't budgeting for another big purchase at the moment. The pictures have pretty heavy aliasing, but it looks to me like a knurled cylinder release, which means it must be late 70's. I would recommend whoever buys it to run a colt serial check first just to be sure. However, on this year python, the box should have a handwritten label with the serial#.
          yeah but could you bring yourself to shoot it?

Comment

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
            yeah but could you bring yourself to shoot it?
            Oh no, collection grade.

Comment

I want it but at this point of my gun collection I can't justify that much on something I wont shoot.
              Originally posted by Marisa
              we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

Would it really be a shame if someone shot it? I mean took really good care of it and shot it occasionally?

Comment

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
                  Would it really be a shame if someone shot it? I mean took really good care of it and shot it occasionally?
                  There's unfired and low fired. The difference in price is about $1k. That's a pricey choice. Most pythons are low round count, those are easy to find. That mentality you're suggesting though is what drives unfired guns prices so high. Nothing wrong with that, I have a couple shooters, but its always nice to have a collector gun. 3k is the average price for a low round early python, so this being unfired is quite a deal.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                    There's unfired and low fired. The difference in price is about $1k. That's a pricey choice. Most pythons are low round count, those are easy to find. That mentality you're suggesting though is what drives unfired guns prices so high. Nothing wrong with that, I have a couple shooters, but its always nice to have a collector gun. 3k is the average price for a low round early python, so this being unfired is quite a deal.
                    This. I went to Jackson Armory a little while back, and the clean shooter Pythons started at $2k, while the two unfired Pythons they had were $4k and $6k.
                    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Man I wish I didn't just buy everything I did. This is the exact gun that my dad always told my mom he wanted, she never got it for him of course. I'd love to have it for a collection piece.

Comment

I just couldn't buy something and not shoot, I do see it from a collector standpoint. Its kind of like buying a running car and not driving it. I know people do that, but shit, If I am investing into something I want to fucking use it. I don't buy stocks because I can't do shit but by and sell them, or even really see it. At least with a gun you see, so I do see the point.

Comment

Good deal on a collector's python

Id shoot it of revolvers were my thing. Or Id shoot it just to piss someone off or make everyone else's that much more rare.

Comment

I would keep it unfired and let it appreciate in value.
                            Originally posted by lincolnboy
                            After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

No gun is "unfired".

How do they know it works??

Comment

Working...
                              X