Cerberus fires all AAC, DPMS, Para employees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cerberus fires all AAC, DPMS, Para employees

And relocates operations to central location in Huntsville.

Sad day for many good employees.
    Originally posted by lincolnboy
    After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Tough break.

Comment

the Remington Outdoor Company (henceforth referred to as Remington).

FACT #1 : Remington is closing a number of plants around the country.

The Remington plants at Elizabethtown, West Jordan, Kalispell, Kennesaw, Lawrenceville, St. Cloudand and Pineville are closing.

FACT #2: Closed plant products lines are being consolidated at the new Huntsville, AL plant.

Earlier this year Remington opened a new plant in Huntsville, Alabama. The 500,000 square foot facility is the equivalent of 25% of the total of Remington’s pre-Huntsville 2.1 million square feet of production space.

FACT #3: Also being moved are the Bushmaster and Remington’s 1911 product lines.

The Bushmaster Firearms International (BFI) and Remington R1 1911 product lines are also being moved from Remington’s Ilion, NY facility.

Bushmaster was originally moved from Windham, Maine to the Ilion facility in 2011.

FACT #3: The consolidated product lines are …

Advanced Armament Corporation (AAC)
        Bushmaster
        DPMS Panther Arms
        LAR Manufacturing
        Montana Rifleman
        Para
        Remington 1911
        Tapco

FACT 4: Remington is asking employees to move to Huntsville, Alabama.

Remington is wanting to retain and move as many staff as possible to the city of Huntsville, Alabama. Staff have been given instructions on how they can apply to move.

FACT 5: Remington’s official statement released by the Remington Outdoor Company is …

Earlier today we announced the consolidation of multiple company plants into our Huntsville, AL facility,” said Remington Spokesman Teddy Novin. This was a strategic business decision to concentrate our resources into fewer locations and improve manufacturing efficiency and quality. We are working hard to retain as many people from the affected facilities as possible.
        Originally posted by lincolnboy
        After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

might allow some some of those people to bring some new ideas to market like the luth-ar products

Comment

So now that they are in the same house I hear Remington is going to bring everything under the Tapco name.

Comment

I hope that we do not have to see anymore of the tatted chick with gauges in her ears who worked at AAC.
              Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

How in the fuck am I supposed to get my recalled Remington 700's back in a timely fashion now?
                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                  How in the fuck am I supposed to get my recalled Remington 700's back in a timely fashion now?

Sell it and buy a nicer bolt gun?

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
                    Sell it and buy a nicer bolt gun?
                    I wish I could, but I'm talking about at least $20k wholesale in rifles for the shop I work at. They sent a rep out, and all he could offer was a fart in a stiff wind. The owner was mad as fuck all about it.
                    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                      I wish I could, but I'm talking about at least $20k wholesale in rifles for the shop I work at. They sent a rep out, and all he could offer was a fart in a stiff wind. The owner was mad as fuck all about it.

Yeah that sucks.

Comment

I think Remington just lost a loyal customer (me).

I was about to pull the trigger on a Remy 700 in .270 Winchester for my oldest son, but now I think I'll look elsewhere.

Comment

Maybe I am missing it here but why does all of this seem to have the collective panties in a bunch?

Comment

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
                            Maybe I am missing it here but why does all of this seem to have the collective panties in a bunch?

Beats me. People enjoy complaining. From what I've read it'll be a nice facility.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                              I think Remington just lost a loyal customer (me).

I was about to pull the trigger on a Remy 700 in .270 Winchester for my oldest son, but now I think I'll look elsewhere.
                              Meh. I'll still buy them but I don't keep them factory so it's not a worry for me.
                              "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Working...
                              X