No announcement yet.

Hog hunters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was talking with a gal at one of the booths at the last Ft. Worth gun show and told her about the lack of restrictions on hog hunting. She had no idea. I wonder how many people don't know that it's basically "all bets are off" when it comes to hunting them.
    "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

They are putting the poison in donuts so it will only kill pigs.

Comment

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
        I was talking with a gal at one of the booths at the last Ft. Worth gun show and told her about the lack of restrictions on hog hunting. She had no idea. I wonder how many people don't know that it's basically "all bets are off" when it comes to hunting them.
        More than a few. It's the same with coyote hunting as well. I took a friend coyote hunting and he got his license "just in case". If I recall the only stipulation is you can't take the pelts, unless you're a licensed trapper.

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
          What you did there, I see it...

Comment

Say playa!
            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
              I kinda agree with the sentiment of other critters eating the poison or eating the poisoned pigs.

How about the state give subsidies for helicopter hunting? Or more tail bounties? You know, something to encourage for harvesting of the hogs?
              You have to kill something like 85% of them to keep the population stable. Anything less than that and their numbers will increase.
              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Ha!
                Originally posted by Silverback
                Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                  More than a few. It's the same with coyote hunting as well. I took a friend coyote hunting and he got his license "just in case". If I recall the only stipulation is you can't take the pelts, unless you're a licensed trapper.
                  You do have to have a licesne for hog hunting, pretty sure for coyotes too unless it is on your own property and it is for pest control. Gov always wants their cut. But other than that it is open season, no limit.
                  I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
                    I eat them, eating some right now, actually. Trick is to get the young ones, or the males who are on their own without any sows. Bigger and older ones tend to be nasty, and if they are cut up and have sores from fighting they probably aren't good to eat. The one I just killed smelled pretty similar to a deer when cut open, a bit smellier but not much. They say you can tell easily when they are gutted if they aren't safe to eat. It is good meat, though. I prefer wild hog to domestic. My wife likes wild hog OK, but prefers domestic. Definitely tastes a little different.

How many parasites you got?
                    WH

Comment

I'm kinda of torn on this. Yes, there is a problem and there needs to be an effective method of controlling them, but I don't feel like a poison that could potentially harm people who consume pigs and other critters that eat pigs is the way to go.
                      "A bad day hunting beats a good day at work"

Golden Oaks Lodge
                      East Texas Axis and Fallow hunts
                      https://www.facebook.com/GoldenOaksLodge/

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                        How many parasites you got?
                        None. I go to Dr. SVO for treatment.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
                          You do have to have a licesne for hog hunting, pretty sure for coyotes too unless it is on your own property and it is for pest control. Gov always wants their cut. But other than that it is open season, no limit.
                          from tx.gov

A hunting license is required of any person, regardless of age, who hunts any animal, bird, frog or turtle in this state (except furbearers, if the hunter possesses a trapper's license). No license is required for nuisance fur-bearing animals, depredating hogs or coyotes (see below).

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                            from tx.gov

A hunting license is required of any person, regardless of age, who hunts any animal, bird, frog or turtle in this state (except furbearers, if the hunter possesses a trapper's license). No license is required for nuisance fur-bearing animals, depredating hogs or coyotes (see below).
                            I have heard game wardens can still ticket you if you have a dead hog and no license. Anyway no issue for me since I hunt other stuff too.

Comment

I haven't heard any of those stories, but I know game wardens pretty much do what they want.

Comment

Originally posted by Pewter Y2K Z28 View Post
                                I'm kinda of torn on this. Yes, there is a problem and there needs to be an effective method of controlling them, but I don't feel like a poison that could potentially harm people who consume pigs and other critters that eat pigs is the way to go.
                                According to the article, it's not harmful to humans or other animals that consume the meat.

I have a problem with it because poison is a fucked up method of killing things. Yes, there are way too many of them, and they need to be eradicated, but I don't think poison is a good answer.

Comment

Working...
                                X