Let's get drunk on a plane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's get drunk on a plane

Background: Back in 2010 SWA changed their reward system and there was a lawsuit filed against SWA. Old drink vouchers didn't have expiration dates, but the new system did, and they they stopped honoring old ones. Lots of people didn't have time to use up the old stuff before the change. The suit was settled in 2012 with SWA agreeing to something like $30M in payouts in the form of new, redeemable vouchers.

I was traveling an absolute shit-ton back then and was one of those unlucky souls who had to forfeit a load of them, so of course I jumped in on the class-action suit... this is America, after all.

Well, the "settlement package" arrived today.

Last edited by Strychnine; 05-24-2017, 05:40 PM.

*Alcohol only served 8am to 8:05am
    **Alcohol will not be served on any flight which is less than three hours
    ***One drink max per flight.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
      *Alcohol only served 8am to 8:05am
      **Alcohol will not be served on any flight which is less than three hours
      ***One drink max per flight.
      Lmao!

Comment

wow

Comment

this reminds me of a song.
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

You should buy a round for the entire plane the next time you fly.. That would be cool as shit.

Comment

I'm going to NYC in a few months on SWA and then to NAPA Valley early next year, can I haz a sheet?

<----I have monies...
              Originally posted by Silverback
              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Damn I miss SWA! Living in the sticks of Abilene your choice is American or American.... #%&*@!
                '13 Porsche 911S, PDK, every Sport option, Aqua Blue

'13 King Ranch F150 S'Crew.

Comment

Looks like gout, waiting to happen.

Comment

awesome.
                    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
                      Looks like gout, waiting to happen.

Comment

Anyone want to trade? A bunch of Southwest drink coupons for something tangible to me

I haven't flown SW more than twice in the past year, and my work travel has me going international more than domestic for the rest of the year. Hell, I mailed a page of vouchers to Henry just because he asked nicely. Will trade the rest of my stash for a semi-decent bottle of bourbon

Comment

craigslist

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                            Anyone want to trade? A bunch of Southwest drink coupons for something tangible to me

I haven't flown SW more than twice in the past year, and my work travel has me going international more than domestic for the rest of the year. Hell, I mailed a page of vouchers to Henry just because he asked nicely. Will trade the rest of my stash for a semi-decent bottle of bourbon
                            How many do you have left? I'm pretty sure I could get Henry to give you a handy for the remainder if I "asked nicely".

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                              How many do you have left? I'm pretty sure I could get Henry to give you a handy for the remainder if I "asked nicely".
                              Bitch, stay off my hookup!
                              Originally posted by Silverback
                              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
                              X