DFW Mustangs    

Go Back   DFW Mustangs > General > DFW Sports Central

DFW Sports Central Forum for all Sports related discussion

Old 03-08-2018, 08:33 AM   #41
BP
infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by pHILSANITY07 View Post
A double A prospect is #3? Correct me if I'm wrong, but wow our minor league system is poor.
Baseball America ranks farm systems by players who should be MLB ready in the next two seasons so yeah by that standard it is pretty poor. Keep in mind that Gallo, Mazara and Odor are all fairly recent graduates of the farm system though. We have a lot of 18-21 year old talent in the system but not a lot of 22-24 year olds.
BP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 03:59 PM   #42
CJ
User is editing post

yes, we cashed our prospects out already. The only big time prospect we gave away was Brinson.
Old 03-08-2018, 04:33 PM   #43
BP
infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ View Post
yes, we cashed our prospects out already. The only big time prospect we gave away was Brinson.
Yeah I think that one will sting for a while though. At least we got a South African pitcher for Jeffress when he went back to the Brewers (after going to jail).
Old 03-08-2018, 05:43 PM   #44
pHILSANITY07
The Rams Do Not Suck

Quote:
Please don't remind me about that trade. What a waste that turned into being.

2017 NFC West Division Champions
pHILSANITY07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 09:49 PM   #45
AnthonyS
Lifer

Off to a hell of a start. Our best starter so far is almost 45 and goes 280 but he also goes 6 innings. I’m gonna laugh my ass off and buy a Rangers “big sexy” jersey if the Rangers make the playoffs and he is the game 1 ace starter.
AnthonyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 12:00 PM   #46
mstng86
MEAT HOARDER

This team sucks. I’m always going to be a fan and I expected to at least have some offense.
mstng86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 12:14 PM   #47
cool cat
Lifer

Tickets will be easy to obtain for the last two years at the Ballpark, go enjoy it while you can. One can assume the new stadium is going to include a hefty hike in prices.
cool cat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 02:18 PM   #48
BP
infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool cat View Post
Tickets will be easy to obtain for the last two years at the Ballpark, go enjoy it while you can. One can assume the new stadium is going to include a hefty hike in prices.
I think the free agent market this winter will also be a factor. We could possibly end up with Kershaw or Keuchel this winter. Or maybe even Manny Machado assuming Beltre retires.
Old 04-05-2018, 05:26 PM   #49
CJ
User is editing post

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyS View Post
Off to a hell of a start. Our best starter so far is almost 45 and goes 280 but he also goes 6 innings. Im gonna laugh my ass off and buy a Rangers big sexy jersey if the Rangers make the playoffs and he is the game 1 ace starter.
Colon always starts the season super strong, he just fades.. much like Holland did. His arm is worn out.
Old 04-06-2018, 11:25 AM   #50
AnthonyS
Lifer

Quote:
Colon always starts the season super strong, he just fades.. much like Holland did. His arm is worn out.
And hes released.....
Old 04-06-2018, 11:27 AM   #51
AnthonyS
Lifer

Quote:
Assume hell its already out. Season tickets at last seasons price x3. This season already saw a bump to ease into it. Concessions are up again too this year. After two years of the new stadium it will be empty at the new pricing.
Old 04-28-2018, 04:48 AM   #52
AnthonyS
Lifer

Yu Darvish with Cubs... 0-2 and ERA over 6. He's as bad as the Rangers pitching staff, worse, and overpaid. It's utterly amazing to me that people in DFW and sports writers here are pining over this loser.
Old 05-15-2018, 03:51 PM   #53
AnthonyS
Lifer

Yu is now 0-3 with a 6.00 ERA. He’s the rich man’s Mike Minor.
Old 05-15-2018, 03:58 PM   #54
cool cat
Lifer

He is living rent free in your head though.
cool cat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 05:27 PM   #55
Trip McNeely
DRILL BABY, DRILL!!!

Thumbs up

Quote:
He is living rent free in your head though.
lol
Trip McNeely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 06:58 AM   #56
BP
infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyS View Post
Yu is now 0-3 with a 6.00 ERA. Hes the rich mans Mike Minor.
Jorge Alfaro is the only former prospect I can find with a + WAR that Daniels traded in the last few years. He's the Phillie's #1 catcher. We got our current ace and a solid relief pitcher for him so we still won that trade. JD knows what he's doing but he still has to work with a shoestring budget for some reason.
Old 06-11-2018, 10:21 AM   #57
BP
infidel

Looks like we dodged a bullet with Ohtani

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-shoh...125923191.html

I don't mind seeing the Angels throw away money but it sucks for the MLB. Trout is on a tear and the AL West is very competitive this year.
Old 06-11-2018, 10:58 PM   #58
CJ
User is editing post

Wow
Old 06-11-2018, 11:53 PM   #59
Rick Modena
Cockasaurusmex
VIP Member

Damn!
Rick Modena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 08:16 AM   #60
BP
infidel

It'll be interesting to watch how this pans out. He's still a bargain for them at the league minimum as a DH because the dude can hit. Not counting the signing bonus and posting fee of course. So do they go ahead with the surgery and completely lose him for the rest of this season and maybe have a DH next year? Or do another injection and let him keep playing this season but possibly not have him for part of 2020?

I'd probably want him to do the surgery now as it's inevitable and I doubt the team is going to hang with the Astros all season. They might be able to compete next year but they definitely need to be ready for 2020 because that's Trout's last year under the current deal.