Best spyglass?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best spyglass?

I don't think I have ever seen a binocular thread and if it was I believe it may have been back at Canada.
    I have an older Leupold Yosemite' 8x30 (porro prism) even though they have been hunting, beachside (west&east coast), up in Colorado, racetrack, concerts, at the shooting range and for a brief period part of the Muffburger Magazine group, I think its time for a roof prism updated pair.
    My Leupolds have done it all and held up for 10+years...

Any thoughts and real world experience's?
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

I use 2 telescopes held together with rubberbands.

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
      Fuck yeah!
      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
        DJ Two scopes!

Comment

Vortex.

Comment

Second vote for Vortex.

Comment

Muffburger Magazine? Please go on, tell us more.

Comment

Nut up and buy the BinoX 4T 640. Let me know if they're worth it.

Colors are for losers...all you need to know is black hot or white hot.

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                  Muffburger Magazine? Please go on, tell us more.
                  He's not a bastard! Boosted will know what I'm talking. The one time I hung out with Muffburger Magazine

Subscribing. I could use a good pair of binocs as well.

Comment

Welp, I finally broke down and bought the Vortex Crossfire HD 10x42. First off, they seem to be a nice built pair of Binos. They are heavier than my Leopold Yosemite 8x30 (7.5 field).

Now, are they better than the Leopold I have, not really. I have been doing some comparisons with both and I really can't see a huge difference and I'm not sure they are better, but they do seem to have a better dusk/dawn view. They do see a little further but not much and certainly not better than what I had for the extra money I spent, but as far as having porro prism vs roof prism, the roof prism seem more balanced but are heavier.
                    I have been needing a new set of Binos, so it was a nice purchase. They also came with the nice comphy neck holder and a nice bino frontpack for going through brush and shit.

Comment

One thing I like about SWFA is they have a decent selection of binos out in the open right by a huge window for you to finger fuck and check out. I picked up and played with a 3k set of swarovski (sp?) and wasn't impressed honestly.

I have a set of 10 x 42 leopold BXIII mojave that I really like and they are excellent in low light conditions. Set me back about $400 when I bought them.

My personal opinion is get a 10x max set of binos unless you get a something to mount them to. 12x is hard to steady holding by hand IMO.
                      Last edited by inline 6; 04-02-2020, 09:08 PM.

Comment

I have a killer set of Cannon 18X50 IS.
                        A little heavy but, w/ a mount they are even
                        great at night.

Comment

Working...
                        X