No announcement yet.

What I have been working on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You should have a full on Halon system for that kind of setup!

Something like this guy. The level to detail seems pretty close.

Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.
    Last edited by VaderTT; 06-07-2015, 02:38 PM.
    Ded

Comment

• Originally posted by R3_82GT View Post
      Is the one wire regulator for your alternator working ok? I thought you posted you had a problem, so I was waiting before ordering one.
      I thought that it wasn't. I disconnected main power to the alternator (removed 300amp fuse) and let it sit and cool down. Them plugged power back and checked the temperature and battery voltage after an hour or so. It seemed fine. I will test it again after driving it more. If I have to go back to the factory style regulator getting power I can.
      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
        hey Keith, do you have a full sized extinguisher in your car? Nothing to do with the wiring or anything, lol. The reason I ask is you've had so much time and money into this car. I've known people who had the same, but never thought to put an extinguiser in their car (or had a too small of one) and had to watch their ride burn to the ground in front of them. It's always been a fear of mine. I just got to thinking, and wondered.
        I wouldn't pull out of the garage without one. Plus I am scared to death of it catching fire so I routinely check the wiring for rub marks, sharp metal around, tire rub, etc. I aldo di thd same with fuel and oil lines. Hence the switch to steel braid on tjose fluids vs the Earl's pro'lite 350 black cloth stuff I had.

No need for lol, legit question. I have seen too many projects burn to the ground too.

Oh and also the reason I went crazy with circuit protection everywhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
          I wouldn't pull out of the garage without one. Plus I am scared to death of it catching fire so I routinely check the wiring for rub marks, sharp metal around, tire rub, etc. I aldo di thd same with fuel and oil lines. Hence the switch to steel braid on tjose fluids vs the Earl's pro'lite 350 black cloth stuff I had.

No need for lol, legit question. I have seen too many projects burn to the ground too.

Oh and also the reason I went crazy with circuit protection everywhere.
          Yeah I noticed that which is why I asked. I ran breakers and fuses everywhere to avoid any issue. I've had two fires in the past, both were stopped before any real damage.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• About to get started on the dyno tuning. The 3 miles here was a little hairy.

Comment

• You taking up to Joe Carter about 5 mins from your casa?

Comment

• Originally posted by DFWtechie View Post
                You taking up to Joe Carter about 5 mins from your casa?
                SNL aka MonsterClutch? If so, then yes.

Speaking of clutches.
                ..this on is coming out. I am just not sure when I am going to do it.

Clutch just couldn't hang. Zoom twin disc that didn't like anything over 9lbs of boost.

She made 598 at 5100rpms and that was before we got the meth going. She was well on her way to making big numbers. But the clutch let us down. We couldn't get it over 4500rpms at first without blowing through the clutch.
                Oh well. She runs and drives and pulls strong as hell. I like this tune (starter tune) more than when it was on e85 and it makes more power.

Comment

• Nice on power, but that sux on the clutch. Looking good Keith.
                  sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                  17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                  13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                  86 SVO - Sold
                  '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                  01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                  65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

• Oh yeah, so the alternator is staying "on" when not running. Like it turn on but not off unless you kill the charge path to the battery. Time to switch that regulator and key on wire it.

Comment

• That clutch with a hydraulic setup looks like what you'd need...
                      Originally posted by stevo
                      Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

• Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
                        Nice on power, but that sux on the clutch. Looking good Keith.
                        Thanks buddy

Comment

• Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
                          http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-foru...3#post-8897793

That clutch with a hydraulic setup looks like what you'd need...
                          That is the same theory and looks like the same discs I am running from zoom. My hat is a billet piece though.

Comment

• So Zoom has discontinued this clutch and doesn't service it any longer. So they can't even offer technical advice. I wanted to know if I could even just put in new discs even if they aren't their discs. All he did was repeat "don't sell don't service".

Called D&D and talked to Don Walsh sr. Before my phone cut out all he could do was offer to sell me a McLeod RXT for $900.

I am going to talk to Monster Clutch on Thursday when I get back into town.

Comment

• have heard bad things about monster clutches. Heard nothing but good thing about McLeod clutches!

Comment

• Originally posted by D. Lil View Post
                                have heard bad things about monster clutches. Heard nothing but good thing about McLeod clutches!
                                I have a call into Clutch Dynamics. You can find lots of good reviews of kits they have put together for people on car forums. By the looks of the only web page associated with them, they deal mostly in tractors. I am hoping I can rehab the existing kit with just new discs.

I really don't want to go automatic.

Comment

Working...
                                X