X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hxbernal View Post
    What do you do for them?
    it requires knee pads.
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

What do you do for them?

Prep the cars @ the shop, fix broken stuff at the races, put fuel in, tires on, transport them to the races, unload/setup everything when we get there, take down and put-away everything before we leave, etc. A little bit of everything! The team is "Performance Motorsports Group". We also have two Pirelli World Challenge cars, an IMSA Porsche Cup car, and two NASA spec Miatas. I have spent exactly 19 days total at my house so far in 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by MattB View Post
        Prep the cars @ the shop, fix broken stuff at the races, put fuel in, tires on, transport them to the races, unload/setup everything when we get there, take down and put-away everything before we leave, etc. A little bit of everything! The team is "Performance Motorsports Group". We also have two Pirelli World Challenge cars, an IMSA Porsche Cup car, and two NASA spec Miatas. I have spent exactly 19 days total at my house so far in 2016.
        Sounds like fun. I was thinking about registering to volunteer for the upcoming race but would be bummed out if they had me passing out water towelettes like the one I received at the air race.

Comment

gates open in 24 hours rain or shine!

Inclement Weather
          Racing activities will continue rain or shine unless a heavy thunderstorm with lightning is
          present
          . If advance notice is received that inclement weather is moving into the area, it
          will be communicated to all via the PA system. Spectators should take precautions for their
          safety. All ticket sales are final: no refunds, no exchanges.

There's going to be alot more than usual Slippin' and Slidin' going on tomorrow, should make for a hell of a show. Good luck to TX21 and MattB tomorrow.
          Last edited by hxbernal; 06-02-2016, 06:19 PM. Reason: weather update

Comment

I work for the #19 & #69 in the Lites class. We will also have another Supercar under our tent. I just left the Phoenix race yesterday. It was a blast but a ton of work. Those cars get destroyed, and there's a lot of rookies/rough driving, especially in Lites. The series is very unorganized, I guess they get a lot of local help at the races, and nobody seems to have a clue how it all works. Before anyone asks, I doubt I can get any tickets, between the team owners, family, close friends, etc we are going to have a shitload of people under our tent, so I can't promise anything. This is the closest race for the teams owners, drivers, sponsors, etc.
            dont be acting like you don't know me tomorrow fool!!!

I think we just gonna wear swimsuits and flipflops

god bless.
            It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Man we are so busy turning those cars around for each round, I probably won't have much time to do more than say hi! We grooved some tires & are prepared for the rain. Should be fun for the fans, but a nightmare for the crew! It's unbelievable how trashed those cars get after a heat race. We haven't been on track yet, but are giving media rides at 11:30. If you can only go one day, I'd pick Saturday, as that's when the last heats, and the finals are.

Comment

Man we are so busy turning those cars around for each round, I probably won't have much time to do more than say hi! We grooved some tires & are prepared for the rain. Should be fun for the fans, but a nightmare for the crew! It's unbelievable how trashed those cars get after a heat race. We haven't been on track yet, but are giving media rides at 11:30. If you can only go one day, I'd pick Saturday, as that's when the last heats, and the finals are.
                so you are saying I shouldn't have told Jr you were gonna let him take a car off the jump a couple times?

god bless.
                It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Where exactly is the course? I wanted to get an idea how much walking I'll have to do.
                  Can't beat them, Join their NEW message board !!

Comment

If you go inside gate 15 it starts about there. They are still fixing/tweaking the course so nothing has been on track yet besides golf carts & 4 wheelers. I have no idea what to expect to be honest. The course is only .8 miles so you won't have to do much walking I'd imagine.

Elvis, they won't even let me sit in it!

Comment

If you don't like crowds today is your day.

Comment

I bought tickets for myself, 2 uncles and 2 cousins, but my cousins just dropped out.

Anyone need any tickets?
                        WRX

Comment

Man I really wanted to go tomorrow

Comment

If you don't like crowds today is your day.
                            You have fun? I just got home. Long day! The #69 rolled in the first Lites practice, but we were able to get it back out without missing a session. Tomorrow should be fun! We are in the back corner of the paddock, Performance Motorsports Group. The #18 Supercar, #19 & #69 Lites Ford Fiestas are all under our tent.

Comment

It was awesome. Supercar's are ridiculous fast.

The #69 rolled in the first Lites practice, but we were able to get it back out without missing a session.
                              I saw that. I was hoping it was team gysot
                              Last edited by hxbernal; 06-04-2016, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Man that was kickass!! Jr loved it!
                                Shoutout to Mattb for letting Jr and his homie cross the barricade to see the car and take some pics!
                                God bless.

Comment

Working...
                                X